bonus vote & goons

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Has anyone ever seen a bonus driver make the "Circle of Honor" for 25 years of

safe driving ? If there are any.... I would want to shake their hand, and congratulate

them on 25 years of never reporting an accident.
Make sure they put their wheel chair brake on, don’t need them rolling away.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm surprise UPS hasn't raised the carrot up so high that making bonus is still possible. Somebody at UPS is slipping.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bonus at UPS is the single biggest abomination in our collective bargaining agreement.

If it were up to me, it would be the first thing removed from the Central Region Supplement, after Article 17 section(i).

I have no interest in chasing rabbits.

EnlightenedAcceptableArcticfox-size_restricted.gif

babboo25

Banned
union shows up at my building and says we can vote out bonus if we want.

only a couple of drivers make bonus these days.

a goon driver is harassing and creeping everyone out about taking away his bonus.

anyone ever voted out bonus and how do you deal with the goon?
Did they also say UPS will have to add more routes without bonus? Keep the bonus

babboo25

Banned
Has anyone ever seen a bonus driver make the "Circle of Honor" for 25 years of

safe driving ? If there are any.... I would want to shake their hand, and congratulate

them on 25 years of never reporting an accident.
What? We have 7 in our building, 3 still driving, I never knew they were such bad people!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bonus is time and a half here. Moot point.
So is overtime.

....difference being that while "bonus" standards are conceived by the Company, the time clock is absolute and verifiable by the Bureau Of Weights and Measures (BIPM).

What isn't a "moot point" is the notion that the "bonus program" is an avenue for the Company to arbitrarily circumvent our collective bargaining agreement by assigning different rates of pay to different employees.

Bonus sucks and needs to be eliminated, period.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Bonus is nothing more than a cash bribe that is paid to the driver for falsifying his time card and indicating that he took lunch and breaks when in fact he did not.
Bonus encourages unsafe work methods, poor service and dishonest shortcuts.
The company loves it because they dont pay overtime, sick pay accrual, vacation accrual or pension contributions on bonus hours.
Its a scam.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have several who have 25 plus years of safe driving. Just because they run bonus doesn't mean someone is a runner
I would agree with you if we were talking 15 -20 years ago... I know that I use to make 1.5 + bonus on a heavy industrial route and that same route with more deliveries now is an hour in the hole....so it’s lost almost 2.5 hours??? Come on...

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I would agree with you if we were talking 15 -20 years ago... I know that I use to make 1.5 + bonus on a heavy industrial route and that same route with more deliveries now is an hour in the hole....so it’s lost almost 2.5 hours??? Come on...
I never cared one way or the other about bonus. I ran under on some, over on others. I always went the same speed on both. It just ticks me off that just because someone is in a bonus center and runs under if they have their 25 years safe driving people assume they only did it because they were dishonest and cut corners. That's Bull:censored2:.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Bonus is nothing more than a cash bribe that is paid to the driver for falsifying his time card and indicating that he took lunch and breaks when in fact he did not.
The company loves it because they dont pay overtime, sick pay accrual, vacation accrual or pension contributions on bonus hours.
Its a scam.

Just because you are too morally weak to not be dishonest, cut corners, or provide poor service because of the lure of bonus, you shouldn't paint everyone with the same broad brush.
All those traits are indicative of poor management.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I never cared one way or the other about bonus. I ran under on some, over on others. I always went the same speed on both. It just ticks me off that just because someone is in a bonus center and runs under if they have their 25 years safe driving people assume they only did it because they were dishonest and cut corners. That's Bull:censored2:.
I just never saw any drivers around here that didn’t game the system to make bonus but ymmv..

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
But are you OK with the Company circumventing our collective bargaining agreement by paying you $35/hr, while paying the guy next to you $40/hr by virtue of an arbitrarily assigned time allowance?

That "ticks me off" because it's :bsbullf:

babboo25

Banned
Its a scam.
So you followed every bonus driver around all day everyday? Stop stating your opinion as fact. You are a bitter person, nothing in your post is accurate. I avg 4 hours of OT and 4 hours of bonus, so to me that’s 8 hours of OT. Always work 40+hours, stop embarrassing your bitter angry self.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just because you are too morally weak to not be dishonest, cut corners, or provide poor service because of the lure of bonus, you shouldn't paint everyone with the same broad brush.
All those traits are indicative of poor management.
25 year Circle of Honor drivers aside, is it your belief that bonus doesn't lure many other drivers to paint outside the lines safety and ethics-wise???

As a 13 year Steward for a large hub, I contend that it most certainly does, while being an enormous hypocrisy for a company that claims to be "safety first".

babboo25

Banned
25 year Circle of Honor drivers aside, is it your belief that bonus doesn't lure many other drivers to paint outside the lines safety and ethics-wise???

As a 13 year Steward for a large hub, I contend that it most certainly does, while being an enormous hypocrisy for a company that claims to be "safety first".
Bonus is great, while I’m speeding, running stop signs, working thru lunch, being rude to customers, I’m going to be thinking about poor bitter Bubblehead. Will you represent me when I get fired for forging signatures? Oh wait we have CIR now, don’t need you.

Overpaid Union Thug

Bonus is a scam to get the weaker minded, and selfish drivers to run and cut corners in order to get done earlier. In centers where bonus is paid at straight time it's a loss of over $4k per year for anyone getting an hour of bonus each day. It eventualy results in more work for the routes and/or driver.

Doesn't sound like a bonus to me.

Last edited: