bonus vote & goons

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I take both my breaks and my lunch at a decent time and sometimes I bonus by 30 to an 1.5 hrs. It all depends if I have more stops and not bulky at all. I don’t take work to get a bonus, I work to get done and get the hell out before 6pm. If I happen to bonus, then it’s all good.
Do you believe that dynamic is present for all routes in your Center, or is there a disparity.

If you believe the system is "equitable", what is your frame of reference and perceived advantage over your co-workers???

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
The bonus babies also come in and sort their trucks off the clock.

My last year as an RTD we had a guy get away with refusing to get his helper because it killed his bonus. He was getting 4+ hours bonus some days because his junk work was pawned off on myself and other drivers and he refused to run or pick up his misloads from other drivers.
How do you get away with refusing to run a misload? Our BA tells us we have to work as directed on that issue.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Do you believe that dynamic is present for all routes in your Center, or is there a disparity.

If you believe the system is "equitable", what is your frame of reference and perceived advantage over your co-workers???
I have done enough routes early on in my driving career and recently up until a few years ago when I moved into feeder to know how much time has been taken away over the years. I also know drivers who would skip lunch or breaks and deliver during that time and made bonus... many who touted the fact that they were bonus babies, but interesting enough wouldn’t pony up the fact they were gaming the system... knew guys who had pickup accounts who would load pallets into mashers or in the back of pkg cars and they would take credit for all the piece.... knew one driver who had his wife come out to a couple pickups in the country to help him load 600 boxes in like 10 minutes....I did know a couple routes where the drivers took all their personal time but had “decent??” Allotment of allowance and could make 15-30 minutes bonus... but that was a small percentage of routes...if you are making big bonus you are gaming the system, no doubt about it....and since we all get the same amount of time for each stop across the board I figure most other buildings were like my own....just as ups puts pressure on mgt to get things done they feel like having to cheat the system and cook the books the same goes for drivers..... think it is a HUGE problem here at UPS.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Many Guys who make bonus actually think they are better than everyone else... I’ve seen it first hand....in most cases they are out there going 100 miles an hour and really putting themselves into a situations where they could hurt themselves or others in the process...if you have to work like this to scratch or bonus a route then there just isn’t enough time given to do the route properly. Bonus drivers also like to say they are “more efficient” than someone who is over by an hour.... I’ve heard that a few times and these are the same drivers who are taking their breaks and lunch on the drive back to the building....most of these guys are total BSers and scammers.... this type of job and company fosters this type of behavior...

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
How do you get away with refusing to run a misload? Our BA tells us we have to work as directed on that issue.

I don't know, I guess the main reason was poor management. I was the only RTD in the loop that year so he was screwing over full-time guys as well.

It may be different now, that's been a few years ago.

Better to run under allowed in a bonus center than in a non bonus center. In my experience, bonus centers have much more favorable time allowances than non bonus centers.

PT Car Washer

I have been sent out to run a misload that was 2 blocks off the drivers route. Big bonus baby. Really got mad one day when he left an overweight for the 3 floor of an apartment building on the dock and I brought it back as NI 1.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I have been sent out to run a misload that was 2 blocks off the drivers route. Big bonus baby. Really got mad one day when he left an overweight for the 3 floor of an apartment building on the dock and I brought it back as NI 1.

The bonus baby I posted about also parks in the handicap spots most of the time...he thinks he is special and rules don't apply to him.

Of course he always tried to pawn air off on other drivers as well. Every day you would hear him asking another driver to take an air because they were driving right by the stop. Of course he was also driving past the stop but had already sorted his truck to run his route a different way.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The muffin man....love it

What's really concerning about this;

Is the company's ability to manipulate the CIR names.

@babboo25 might think "I made customer contact" by announcing UPS and

wave at someone.... and oh.... I must have hit the wrong button on the name.

Really ?

If you are presented with those type of name choices, it might be a set-up.

Or, a customer tracks the pkg and calls in a complaint....

Because they don't have anyone named "the muffin man".

Actions have consequences.

Think about it.

-Bug-

babboo25

Banned
What's really concerning about this;

Is the company's ability to manipulate the CIR names.

@babboo25 might think "I made customer contact" by announcing UPS and

wave at someone.... and oh.... I must have hit the wrong button on the name.

Really ?

If you are presented with those type of name choices, it might be a set-up.

Or, a customer tracks the pkg and calls in a complaint....

Because they don't have anyone named "the muffin man".

Actions have consequences.

Think about it.

-Bug-
I’ve been on the same route for 11 years

obscure union guy, all names I use are legit

and nobody in our center has ever been

questioned about any name they’ve used. If

you enter muffin man or anything other than

last name you deserve to be fired, BUT i

seriously doubt that pic you posted is legit,

probably manipulated as you say. We are

instructed to make contact with customer, a

wave, a hello is contact, stop being so dam

paranoid. Actions have consequences? Wow!

Deep thoughts by BUG

babboo25

Banned
Working like a coked up jack-rabbit is not a method either. And frankly, embarrassing.
Rather be known as a hard worker than a lazy one but that’s just me I guess. Work hard/play hard, maybe that’s why I see more fat drivers now than 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Bonus babies and OT slugs are both de
Rather be known as a hard worker than a lazy one but that’s just me I guess. Work hard/play hard, maybe that’s why I see more fat drivers now than 20 years ago.

Following the methods is working hard. Anything more is dangerous to ourselves and those we share the roads with. Being fat is irrelevant. Some of our worst offenders are tubby. Some of our slower drivers are skinny. Doing the job correctly isn't lazy. It's just the right thing to do

HereWeGoAgain

We had bonus in my center when I started 13 years ago. It got voted out about a year into my driving career. Bonus used to be easy I could be an hour under and not even try. Now im two hours over and haven't changed much. UPS has made most routes impossible to bonus unless your a runner anyway so who cares really.
union shows up at my building and says we can vote out bonus if we want.

only a couple of drivers make bonus these days.

a goon driver is harassing and creeping everyone out about taking away his bonus.

anyone ever voted out bonus and how do you deal with the goon?

babboo25

Banned
Bonus babies and OT slugs are both de

Following the methods is working hard. Anything more is dangerous to ourselves and those we share the roads with. Being fat is irrelevant. Some of our worst offenders are tubby. Some of our slower drivers are skinny. Doing the job correctly isn't lazy. It's just the right thing to do
But you make it sound like by doing the job correctly it’s impossible to bonus, which isn’t the case. I just don’t understand that attitude or the jealousy/animosity towards the ones who get bonus.

babboo25

Banned
We had bonus in my center when I started 13 years ago. It got voted out about a year into my driving career. Bonus used to be easy I could be an hour under and not even try. Now im two hours over and haven't changed much. UPS has made most routes impossible to bonus unless your a runner anyway so who cares really.
Do you work in the Bethalto building by chance?