Bonus

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's easy to tell the union slugs in this thread! :biggrin:

Bonus is for runners and gunners who like to get through early and get paid for watching their kids play ball, eating dinner with the family or just sitting at home.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When I first went to a bonus center it was great. If I hustled, skipped breaks and lunch, I would run an hour early. They were essentially buying my time so I could go home early. It was a win / win. Now if I skip lunch, I run scratch. No bonus or paying for my time. I run a half hour late every day. The time allowances are ridiculous and inconsistent. Bonus divides us. One guy may run an hour early with little effort while the guy next to him struggles just to run an hour late. We have runners going out with eleven hours of work getting done in ten and thinking they're putting one over on the company.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If it wasn't for all those union slugs, guys like you wouldn't have had a job. Just think you got all the benefit's of the union yet never paid dues. Kinda like a scab.
Thank you Johney ... you fat pig!

10995.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bonus is straight time, and has nothing to do with how hard you work. It's based on a flawed concept of blessing one route while cursing the next.
You're also not eligible for pension contributions on bonus time, so you not only trade OT rate for straight rate, you also forfeit pension pay on all those hours. Kind of a double nut kick as a way of thanking you for effing yourself.

Your argument is moot as you also don't get pension contributions for OT hours.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If it wasn't for all those union slugs, guys like you wouldn't have had a job. Just think you got all the benefit's of the union yet never paid dues. Kinda like a scab.
How would he not have a job because of the union?

rod

Retired 22 years
It's easy to tell the union slugs in this thread! :biggrin:

Bonus is for runners and gunners who like to get through early and get paid for watching their kids play ball, eating dinner with the family or just sitting at home.

It's also easy to tell the ones who would like to see the hourly paid minimum wage with no benefits so they can enjoy the good life.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's also easy to tell the ones who would like to see the hourly paid minimum wage with no benefits so they can enjoy the good life.
Certainly not me.
I'm all for collective bargaining to get the best compensation (wages, salary and pension).
I just don't care much for the push for mediocrity so the least best "don't look that bad".
It just seems Un-American. JMO

rod

Retired 22 years
There is a fine line between slowing down so you can do your job safely and by the book and "the push for mediocrity" as you call it. Just because a person plays by the rules don't label them a "Union slug". Remember -BOTH sides have agreed to those rules. If you want to do the name calling thing I would suggest you come up with some clever ones for the runner/gunners- skip their breaks- work unsafe crowd. All management loves those guys ------until they go on work comp or cause a major accident or p iss off some important customer.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There is a fine line between slowing down so you can do your job safely and by the book and "the push for mediocrity" as you call it. Just because a person plays by the rules don't label them a "Union slug". Remember -BOTH sides have agreed to those rules. If you want to do the name calling thing I would suggest you come up with some clever ones for the runner/gunners- skip their breaks- work unsafe crowd. All management loves those guys ------until they go on work comp or cause a major accident or p iss off some important customer.
Perhaps you did not notice my big grin emoticon - it's titled "Fish are bitin'".

There is also a fine line between heaven and hell ... when the bad makes you feel just as good.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Bonus is straight time, and has nothing to do with how hard you work. It's based on a flawed concept of blessing one route while cursing the next.
You're also not eligible for pension contributions on bonus time, so you not only trade OT rate for straight rate, you also forfeit pension pay on all those hours. Kind of a double nut kick as a way of thanking you for effing yourself.
Bonus isn't straight time everywhere, here it's paid at OT rate.

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
The building I work in isn't a "bonus" bldg, could someone explain what this is exactly. What is the "bonus" time? Is it OT? Does it condone running your lunch and breaks?