Bonus

BrownTexas

I know a lot of you guys are skip-my-lunch haters, and
I will take a shortened lunch on Friday's just to get home. But there are drivers with legitimate family
obligations.......child custody......softball leagues, etc.
The driver next to me coaches little league in the spring and simply can't take 2 days off a week. Keep
this in mind before you remind us of the evils of runners, gunners, and bonus babies.
I like to get paid for the time I worked. So I will work and take my lunch and not give the company any free work. What you do is your choice. Until it effects me.

ArcherUTR

I was a single dad at one time.

I used to take lunch at the end of the day in order to park my truck next to the soccer field and see my son's games.

I would also skip my lunch on occasion....but I would enter 0 lunch in the DIAD so that I was being honest and getting paid for all hours worked.

I understand family obligations but there is absolutely no justification for falsifying your timecard or working off of the clock.

That's a warning letter in my center, just sayin'.

OPTION3

I know a lot of you guys are skip-my-lunch haters, and
I will take a shortened lunch on Friday's just to get home. .
I heard a manager once say,"we know you guys will run at least 7 stops an hour faster on Friday....that's why we dispatch you with 7-10 stops extra on Friday"....nice hunh?

Are you referring to the drivers that do not follow the safe work methods? Or the ones that undermine the contract and eliminate driving jobs?
So tired of listening to drivers thinking because another driver made bonus he's a cheater in some way or another. Everyone is different. Ive seen senior drivers run their tails off while I'll walk right past him and make 1.5 of bonus. Hit the curb and dump his load, be Unorganized. There is so much that goes into it. Bottom line " NOT EVERYONE CAN BE AS GOOD AS MICHAEL JORDAN"! So stop being non-bonus babies.

So tired of listening to drivers thinking because another driver made bonus he's a cheater in some way or another. Everyone is different. Ive seen senior drivers run their tails off while I'll walk right past him and make 1.5 of bonus. Hit the curb and dump his load, be Unorganized. There is so much that goes into it. Bottom line " NOT EVERYONE CAN BE AS GOOD AS MICHAEL JORDAN"! So stop being non-bonus babies.
Too tired to argue

Last edited by a moderator:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Too tired to agure
macho-man-o.gif

upschuck

All the higher seniority drivers have had the chance to bid those good time-studied routes. If they are not cutting corners, and can make bonus, good for them.

OPTION3

We had a driver just like you in our center. In Fact, I heard him say he was the MJ of our BUILDING.....center manager totally bought into it, until he did a safety observation on the guy. The center manager was horrified to find he NEVER used the hand rail, sped through residential areas, failed to stop at several stop signs in said resi areas. Oh yeah, guess what? Before discipline could be administered (since tier 3 behaviors were involved) MJ went out with a turned ankle. The real funny part was the PCM after the observation when The center manager comes in (whizzed off) and Beats up the 90% who do it right everyday (the other 10% were in their cars working already minus the 1 who was "HURT"....MJ. Comical

I'm not calling myself MJ. I'm pointing out the fact just because you can't do it doesn't mean someone else can. I know there are runners. I bonus everyday. I pace myself to get just about any route done in 8 hrs. Yes I work threw my lunch so when it shows 1.5 of bonus I am well aware that it is actually only .50 of bonus. Difference only being I don't call it my lunch hour. I call it dinner hour.

By The Book

Your argument is moot as you also don't get pension contributions for OT hours.
In some areas you are paid pension payments on all hours worked up to the contribution limit, then you don't get any more until next month. Or for the year if you work a lot of hours and hit the yearly limit, you don't get paid on those extra hours.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In some areas you are paid pension payments on all hours worked up to the contribution limit, then you don't get any more until next month. Or for the year if you work a lot of hours and hit the yearly limit, you don't get paid on those extra hours.
Western Conference. We get pension contributions on our first 2080 compensible hours each year. Comes in handy if you have to take time off for comp or disability, you can still get full contributions for the year.