Bonus

ManInBrown

I took a lunch and still ran under 1.95 10.8 hour planned on road 7.97. 189 stops and 78 miles. I don't run my route fast for them, I run my route fast so I can tuck my kids in at night. It's for my own sanity

How many years do you have driving if I might ask?

What is your response to them on a day you finish at 5:45 when they tell you Driver B needs help. Go take work from him.

Jackofalltrades

How many years do you have driving if I might ask?

What is your response to them on a day you finish at 5:45 when they tell you Driver B needs help. Go take work from him.

I have a year driving and I've been full time 4 years (previous article 22.3) I do help when asked but I have a good management team that knows I'm a single dad

ManInBrown

I have a year driving and I've been full time 4 years (previous article 22.3) I do help when asked but I have a good management team that knows I'm a single dad

So the days you are asked to help. You aren't the slightest bit ticked off that you ran your butt off for absolutely no reason?

Jackofalltrades

So the days you are asked to help. You aren't the slightest bit ticked off that you ran your butt off for absolutely no reason?
Of course I'm a little ticked off but like i said our boss is pretty chill compared to some of the horror stories I've heard. Also, I don't mind helping some people more than others. Plus when I run 1.95 under I'll still get bonus time and be out before 7:00

ManInBrown

Of course I'm a little ticked off but like i said our boss is pretty chill compared to some of the horror stories I've heard. Also, I don't mind helping some people more than others. Plus when I run 1.95 under I'll still get bonus time and be out before 7:00
Ok. Thanks for responding and not taking my comment the wrong way. I always like to hear what's going thru other driver's minds in different situations. I learned to drop anchor some time ago. I'll be damned if I'm going to run around just so when I get done I'm asked to go bail some SLUG out. No thanks. It sucks to get done on the late side every night but what'ya gonna do? They forced my hand.

Jackofalltrades

Ok. Thanks for responding and not taking my comment the wrong way. I always like to hear what's going thru other driver's minds in different situations. I learned to drop anchor some time ago. I'll be damned if I'm going to run around just so when I get done I'm asked to go bail some SLUG out. No thanks. It sucks to get done on the late side every night but what'ya gonna do? They forced my hand.
Can't blame you there! I really only drop anchor on the week I don't have my kids (I have 50/50 joint custody) because it's just me in my big ol house but when they are with me I feel bad having to have them in daycare that long.

calcio56

I do number 1 (didn't know about 2) only for accountability purposes to cover my ass in case some desk jockey decides to take an extra look at our "performance" numbers. LOL! I would suggest that your second time that you entered for number 2 should probably be the time you pulled away from the other driver after they gave your the packages.

And I'm curious....what does the other driver (one giving the packages) code their time as? "Receiving help" LOL!
One driver codes a lower case m, the other a lower case n....I THINK, it's two big arrows down in the other work screen. One code is truck to receive the other is truck unload or some other nonsense. I'll check it on Monday and let you know.

You're right, You should get management approval. Before you do anything. Any.thing.

ArcherUTR

ORION, but more importantly, an overly tightened screw of a time allowance, is an 1 and a half faster than me.

I can usually bonus back my lunch if I have to, but not much more than what's deserved.

If the time allowance made sense, ORION would make a hell of a lot more sense.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I assume your not in a bonus center. You would slowly get more stops and less time credit until you were running "scratch". Bonus too much they will edit and take it away.
I've been in a bonus center for 26 years. It used to be a walk in the park to make bonus and guys couldn't or wouldn't. Now the standards are tighter but it's not impossible to run under. Add 2 hours allowance to some routes and the guys would run 2 hours slower.

Last edited:

BrownTexas

We have a single dad at my center that gets to work early to groom his load, doesn't take a lunch, complains daily, and still gets screwed daily. I try to tell him, but he doesn't listen.

Limper

Out For Delivery
We have a single dad at my center that gets to work early to groom his load, doesn't take a lunch, complains daily, and still gets screwed daily. I try to tell him, but he doesn't listen.

I know a lot of you guys are skip-my-lunch haters, and
I will take a shortened lunch on Friday's just to get home. But there are drivers with legitimate family
obligations.......child custody......softball leagues, etc.
The driver next to me coaches little league in the spring and simply can't take 2 days off a week. Keep
this in mind before you remind us of the evils of runners, gunners, and bonus babies.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I know a lot of you guys are skip-my-lunch haters, and
I will take a shortened lunch on Friday's just to get home. But there are drivers with legitimate family
obligations.......child custody......softball leagues, etc.
The driver next to me coaches little league in the spring and simply can't take 2 days off a week. Keep
this in mind before you remind us of the evils of runners, gunners, and bonus babies.

I was a single dad at one time.

I used to take lunch at the end of the day in order to park my truck next to the soccer field and see my son's games.

I would also skip my lunch on occasion....but I would enter 0 lunch in the DIAD so that I was being honest and getting paid for all hours worked.

I understand family obligations but there is absolutely no justification for falsifying your timecard or working off of the clock.