Boomer * Convention

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Funny, all these kids calling people older than them boomers when they aren’t into the latest gadget that does everything for them.

Yet ask one of these kids to change the oil in their own car, install a garbage disposal or toilet, or any manner of skill trade, they look at you like “that’s why I call the guy that charges me $50/hour” then complains how much it is on some random forum about recycling their own poop.

542thruNthru

You simple SOB.

tenor-60.gif

542thruNthru

Funny, all these kids calling people older than them boomers when they aren’t into the latest gadget that does everything for them.

Yet ask one of these kids to change the oil in their own car, install a garbage disposal or toilet, or any manner of skill trade, they look at you like “that’s why I call the guy that charges me $50/hour” then complains how much it is on some random forum about recycling their own poop.

Whatever boomer...

:)

542thruNthru

Honestly I think anyone that calls a group of people out for being a certain generation is a idiot.

Boomer/Millennial is just a lazy way of blaming other people for things you don't like.

JJinVA

You know what cracks me up the most about boomers? They always claim to be the last tough-skinned generation, manly men yada yada and give millenials crap about being soft, but dont do 55mph in the left lane that you have to turn on in 100 yards, because then World War 3 is on its way via the interstate... lel

JJinVA

Honestly I think anyone that calls a group of people out for being a certain generation is a idiot.

Boomer/Millennial is just a lazy way of blaming other people for things you don't like.

Its not about generalizing, its about a certain generation with the most entitled mentality imaginable projecting that entitlement onto their grandchildren and blaming them for having it, as apparent by my story above. You know what they say about generalizations? They usually exist because there is a universal truth involved. But there are always exceptions to the rule. Just like with racism. I wouldnt like anything to do with about 90% of the black community, but I love the other 10%, and I'm fine with that. Course if it makes you feel any better I dont want anything to do with about 95% of millenials either because they ARE soft and the generalization is largely true

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

It’s the blame game. I genuinely thought boomers was referencing baby boomers. Someone had to correct me the other day.

JJinVA

To be fair, I built my first car. Bought books, bought tools, bought my first car from the junkyard and took it apart with a hammer because I didnt know where the bolts were. Didnt have a dad around to teach me stuff because he was a drunken boomer who spent the rest of his life getting his teeth knocked out in bar fights... But I do agree that MOST younger folks couldnt survive a day without a youtube instructional video telling them to eat food and drink water. I had a guy in his 20s hire me (also general contractor) to come change a door knob for him, to his bedroom. A total of 6 screws, and he had to hire someone for it. I guess thats good for business though, my business anyways

542thruNthru

Real Genius. Daughter and I just watched Flash Gordon the other day. Going to watch the first Highlander movie next.

Real Genius is a good movie. Was never really a fan of Flash Gordon. First Highlander was really good.

I watched Flight of the Navigator with my son the other day.

Poop Head

Judge me.

Can you install a garbage disposal??

I need one. In my shower..