Boring in here tonight!

El Correcto

god is dead
Instead democrats are avoiding it, most likely to keep their congressmen from trump districts off the record for this witch hunt before 2020.

It will be fine

I don’t think the house has to vote to do it.

It’s just a formal thing, something that has been done in the past. Not an actual law. I think.
It’s so rare for a president to so brazenly disregard the constitution that impeachment is basically a made up process every time. There are no rules.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s so rare for a president to so brazenly disregard the constitution that impeachment is basically a made up process every time. There are no rules.
No it’s not because that is an opinionated statement. We’ve had arguments over the Constitution with basically any president administration. It’s how our country is designed.

El Correcto

god is dead
The constitution itself is not law. It is the structure for our government. High crimes and misdemeanors doesn’t include getting in spats over the Constitution. It includes breaking the laws.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I don’t think the house has to vote to do it.

It’s just a formal thing, something that has been done in the past. Not an actual law. I think.
That's not what I've being hearing (1st hand) from many guests and hosts on FOX, CNN and MSNBC.
They've been saying the next step is a formal vote in the House that will allow the subpoenaing of executive branch employee.
I sure the hell don't know.

It will be fine

The constitution itself is not law. It is the structure for our government. High crimes and misdemeanors doesn’t include getting in spats over the Constitution. It includes breaking the laws.
Impeachment is vague intentionally. High crimes are whatever the congress says they are.

It will be fine

Then why has it always been a crime that leads to them passing articles of impeachment?

Perjury and Obstruction of justice.
Easily digestible for the electorate. Like soliciting a foreign government to manufacture dirt on a political opponent to subvert the election process.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That's not what I've being hearing (1st hand) from many guests and hosts on FOX, CNN and MSNBC.
They've been saying the next step is a formal vote in the House that will allow the subpoenaing of executive branch employee.
I sure the hell don't know.
This is a very good way to get the SCOTUS involved ... precedence does have weight in legality ... especially with the Courts.