Bragging About Your Wages On Social Media Is Just Dumb!

Trucker Clock

At this point you're just trolling, and making very little sense.

You ever been to Chicago?

Jeff St and Northbrook. Nothing but thugs and gangbangers with a 2nd grade education. The only thing they can learn is how to hold a gun sideways. They make it as a package car driver because it takes no skill or smarts whatsoever.

Anyone can look at an address on a box, look at a map, and go deliver it.

OK, a little simplistic, but anyone can do it. A little physical, a little stressful, but a first grader can do it if someone else were to drive. Deliver the first box. Look at the next delivery on the DIAD, go deliver that one. Hell, MapNav even shows you how to get there.

Someone made a comparison that is probably close to being spot on. A grass cutter. Anyone can cut grass. They work in the heat and have time constraints to be able to cut everyone's grass that day.

You people that think it takes a certain skillset are just snowing yourselves. You want to believe that not everyone can do your job. I hate to burst your bubble. Granted, some cannot handle the stress, but that has nothing to do with the ability to do the job.

OK, I will admit, it does take a certain mindset, and maybe a little hard work, but anyone can overcome the stress. They just use it as an excuse because they don't want to do the job.

You/me, we deliver and pick up boxes, within a time limit. Rocket science? Sure..........

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Jeff St and Northbrook. Nothing but thugs and gangbangers with a 2nd grade education. The only thing they can learn is how to hold a gun sideways. They make it as a package car driver because it takes no skill or smarts whatsoever.

OK, a little simplistic, but anyone can do it. A little physical, a little stressful, but a first grader can do it if someone else were to drive. Deliver the first box. Look at the next delivery on the DIAD, go deliver that one. Hell, MapNav even shows you how to get there.

Someone made a comparison that is probably close to being spot on. A grass cutter. Anyone can cut grass. They work in the heat and have time constraints to be able to cut everyone's grass that day.

You people that think it takes a certain skillset are just snowing yourselves. You want to believe that not everyone can do your job. I hate to burst your bubble. Granted, some cannot handle the stress, but that has nothing to do with the ability to do the job.

OK, I will admit, it does take a certain mindset, and maybe a little hard work, but anyone can overcome the stress. They just use it as an excuse because they don't want to do the job.

You/me, we deliver and pick up boxes, within a time limit. Rocket science? Sure..........

You are really showing your true “Color” .. sorry I mean colors...

Trucker Clock

You are really showing your true “Color” .. sorry I mean colors...

Sorry, I tell it the way it is. They admit that they are thugs and gangbangers. The yards are separated by rival gangs. Don't be caught on the wrong side. They can't spell diploma, but make it just fine as a package car driver with a 2nd grade education.

CACHE is about the same way. Don't cross that fence or you won't make it back. But they can still deliver cardboard boxes for the money.

And FYI, they are both black and white.

Osubrownguy

What does a teacher or nurse make with over 20 years in working in a major city.

You are forgetting the attribution rate for every UPS Union position, more prone to disability and injuries.

40 bucks an hour with one income is lower middle class.

What do you think?
Lower middle class maybe in high cost of living cities. Live in a rural area and your living good

Brownsocks

Just a dog

Not everyone can drive safely and I see it everyday on route and in my center. No one said this job took a genius, but only an idiot would say everyone can do it.

I think you do your brothers, sisters and yourself a disservice by coming on here and discounting what we all do day in and day out in all elements. You should go back and read all the threads on here about sad people that tried their hardest to qualify and failed anyway.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
These days you have draw line at some point on the list. With mapnav, people that can't drive manual etc. the company did as much as they could to dumb it down. To have a mamas boy gen whateverthef brag on social media eventually was inevitable. To try and justify the skills is pointless. Anyways I'll be back.. goin to grab some McDonalds.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Which boot camp did you do? My spouse is looking to break into tech taking the front end Turing bootcamp, about 7 months long. I’m impressed you managed to work full time AND complete a coding bootcamp cause I hear that in itself is a full time endeavor
It was 90% online and would stay up late to finish my work. It was tough for sure but I just had to see if I could do it, and maybe switch careers. I’m glad I did it but it’s just not for me. I figure I could at least do some freelance side projects for extra money. But I can’t see myself doing it full time.

I went through a program called Bay Valley Tech. Its free you just have to prove to them you’ll put in the work. I would advise not paying 30k for a boot camp. There are a million resources out there.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member

Who hurt you?

Zowert

Agreed. It can be learned. But, not everybody can learn it. It takes some degree of learning ability above and beyond the basics

Delivering cardboard does not.
I’m not saying it takes a ton of skill to be a 22.4 or RPCD, sure almost anyone can do it if they’re trained properly. It’s just not a job for everyone, simply getting in and out of package car 200 times a day is too much for most people. Add irregulars up to 150lbs, excessive heat/cold, rain/snow, stairs, hills and traffic… That keeps the majority of able bodied people from doing this job.

If there is one skill a good UPS driver has its time management, especially on commercial routes with heavy pick ups. In order to protect the integrity of our air service we have to get NDA delivered on time, every time. A good driver can not only get their air off before its commit time, they can get their ground, 2DA, etc. delivered with the air at each stop. The rest of the volume needs to be off that truck before pick ups begin, you have 26 of them. They all need to be serviced within a relative short time frame, any air picked up needs to be dropped at a specific time or shuttled back to center yourself before the air dock closes.

People pay a lot of money to have their items shipped via Next Day Air. You can’t undervalue the importance of this service, a lot of stuff shipped NDA is extremely important or time sensitive like medication, specimen samples and legal documents. This stuff CAN NOT be late and a solid UPS driver will never let it happen. This is why we are paid more than anyone else. Sure we are union but UPS wouldn’t be paying us up to six figures a year if it wasn’t in their best interest. As corny as this may sound a good, consistent and hard working UPS driver is worth his/her weight in gold to the company.

The fact that it is technically an unskilled job is irrelevant.

Trucker Clock

I’m not saying it takes a ton of skill to be a 22.4 or RPCD, sure almost anyone can do it if they’re trained properly. It’s just not a job for everyone, simply getting in and out of package car 200 times a day is too much for most people. Add irregulars up to 150lbs, excessive heat/cold, rain/snow, stairs, hills and traffic… That keeps the majority of able bodied people from doing this job.

If there is one skill a good UPS driver has its time management, especially on commercial routes with heavy pick ups. In order to protect the integrity of our air service we have to get NDA delivered on time, every time. A good driver can not only get their air off before its commit time, they can get their ground, 2DA, etc. delivered with the air at each stop. The rest of the volume needs to be off that truck before pick ups begin, you have 26 of them. They all need to be serviced within a relative short time frame, any air picked up needs to be dropped at a specific time or shuttled back to center yourself before the air dock closes.

People pay a lot of money to have their items shipped via Next Day Air. You can’t undervalue the importance of this service, a lot of stuff shipped NDA is extremely important or time sensitive like medication, specimen samples and legal documents. This stuff CAN NOT be late and a solid UPS driver will never let it happen. This is why we are paid more than anyone else. Sure we are union but UPS wouldn’t be paying us up to six figures a year if it wasn’t in their best interest. As corny as this may sound a good, consistent and hard working UPS driver is worth his/her weight in gold to the company.

The fact that it is technically an unskilled job is irrelevant.

I don’t disagree with anything you said. This all started because someone, I forget who already and am too lazy to go back and look, compared the money made on this job to the money a skilled tradesman makes.

The main point was that this was comparing apples to oranges. This was comparing a skilled job, that not just anybody can do, to an unskilled job that anybody can do.

A little over simplistic, but not really.

Zowert

I don’t disagree with anything you said. This all started because someone, I forget who already and am too lazy to go back and look, compared the money made on this job to the money a skilled tradesman makes.

The main point was that this was comparing apples to oranges. This was comparing a skilled job, that not just anybody can do, to an unskilled job that anybody can do.

A little over simplistic, but not really.
Fair enough. I wouldn’t compare a plumber to a gastroenterologist either. Like you say, apples and oranges.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

come on man. you have mentioned this same thing 17 times.

yup , even the trunk monkey can deliver packages....

Trucker Clock

come on man. you have mentioned this same thing 17 times.

yup , even the trunk monkey can deliver packages....

Go back to swinging on your pole.

Some people denied it, thinking they have some special skill to be a driver. If I said it 17 times, then I must have responded 17 times to drivers who think they cannot be replaced.

Does this make it 18?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Go back to swinging on your pole.

Some people denied it, thinking they have some special skill to be a driver. If I said it 17 times, then I must have responded 17 times to drivers who think they cannot be replaced.

Does this make it 18?
can't take it.

you're not a brown cafer.....

get back in the trunk.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
They do it RIGHT, and proudly stake their reputation on that completed project
1662067597779.png