Please Contact Your Local Media/DOT/Police About FedEx 'Safety"

STFXG

Please Contact Your Local Media/DOT/Police About FedEx 'Safety"

<<Drivers that operate within a 150-air-mile radius of their work reporting location and record their on-duty and off-duty time using the STAR scanner or other time record do not need to record the break periods when the rule goes into effect on July 1. Updates to FedEx Ground scanners enabling entry of the rest breaks will be communicated as the technology becomes available.>>

This is from mygroundbiz. I'm guessing this is because drivers who operate beyond a 150 mile radius must use paper log books to record their day. The electronic scanner doesn't meet regulations for reporting hours of service.

So for now, until the scanner updates, we won't be required to report meal periods. We will have to handle it ourselves.

Edit: should've read it better (log book or not) Apparently we just don't have to report it to fedex for now. That's my understanding...

bbsam

Staff member
And the 150 mile radius is carryover from previous iterations of the regulation not dealing with paper logs.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Lack of growth!
Lol
I guess you don't pay much attention to the number of viewers of this forum, nor the seemingly constant new posters with anti FedEx user names popping up like pimples on your kiss ass butt...

I'm talking about the number of active participants. How many are there, about twenty? Thirty? That's about the same number that were here when I signed up FOUR YEARS AGO, LOL!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm talking about the number of active participants. How many are there, about twenty? Thirty? That's about the same number that were here when I signed up FOUR YEARS AGO, LOL!!

Precisely why you are here lackey-boy. Whenever participation reaches a certain point or a particularly controversial and idiotic policy comes forth from MEM, here you are. And then you try and deflect, defend, and otherwise muddle the topic. You wouldn't be here if Fred and Friends weren't concerned. The fact that you are speaks volumes about increased participation here.

Last edited:

FUFred

Domino drivers back then would be docked pay if they were late.

I haven't heard of any courier get an OLCC or letter for having lates. If it becomes a chronic thing, I can see it happening. I had 2 lates on a Monday :surprised: and got a call from my SM. My fault? Yes...both were overlooks. No letter, no OLCC, nothing.

OLCC for lates please... I got a warning latter for having lates.

59 Dano

Precisely why you are here lackey-boy. Whenever participation reaches a certain point or a particularly controversial and idiotic policy comes forth from MEM, here you are. And then you try and deflect, defend, and otherwise muddle the topic. You wouldn't be here if Fred and Friends weren't concerned. The fact that you are speaks volumes about increased participation here.

So what new policy did MEM create that I'm defending, you putzhead?

The only reason you're here is because you're so professionally inept that you're reduced to whining all the time and there are a handful of people who will validate your neurotic ramblings. You've been here at least four years. FOUR YEARS of saying the same thing. FOUR YEARS of accomplishing nothing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So what new policy did MEM create that I'm defending, you putzhead?

The only reason you're here is because you're so professionally inept that you're reduced to whining all the time and there are a handful of people who will validate your neurotic ramblings. You've been here at least four years. FOUR YEARS of saying the same thing. FOUR YEARS of accomplishing nothing.

The fact that FedEx sends forth a company stooge validates that we have gotten the attention of Memphis...and they don't like it. You have actually been defending a collection of policies and procedures that constitute the "new and improved" Express ever since they began the process. You are a paid apologist, defender of whatever they spew forth, and a lackey. If choosing to remain an hourly and not join the ranks of the living dead in management makes me a loser in your mind, I'm happily "professionally inept". If management is so great, why is the turnover so high Dano?

thedownhillEXPRESS

And "Dano" ignores the fact that many of the threads on here get views into the 1000's of times.
That's thousands of Express courriers gaining valuable information on how to protect themselves against the unethical actions of Fedex.
Hey Dano, it sure seems like there are alot of people googling things like "FedEx sucks" or "FedEx forcing me to falsify DOT records" etc, because every week more and more new players stumble onto this forum.
You and your likes however are the few in number, with near zero defenders or fellow management lackeys signing up to join you in your defense of evil.
Is it because you are just a paid shill, or is it just because you are the only manager left in this company still defending its unethical practices?
Either way it leaves you no soul.

59 Dano

The fact that FedEx sends forth a company stooge validates that we have gotten the attention of Memphis...and they don't like it. You have actually been defending a collection of policies and procedures that constitute the "new and improved" Express ever since they began the process. You are a paid apologist, defender of whatever they spew forth, and a lackey. If choosing to remain an hourly and not join the ranks of the living dead in management makes me a loser in your mind, I'm happily "professionally inept". If management is so great, why is the turnover so high Dano?

LOL, so is that your way of saying, "Well, you're not defending ANY policy, but let me change the subject AGAIN to deflect from my failure to know what I'm talking about," you poor thing?

59 Dano

And "Dano" ignores the fact that many of the threads on here get views into the 1000's of times.
That's thousands of Express courriers gaining valuable information on how to protect themselves against the unethical actions of Fedex.
Hey Dano, it sure seems like there are alot of people googling things like "FedEx sucks" or "FedEx forcing me to falsify DOT records" etc, because every week more and more new players stumble onto this forum.
You and your likes however are the few in number, with near zero defenders or fellow management lackeys signing up to join you in your defense of evil.
Is it because you are just a paid shill, or is it just because you are the only manager left in this company still defending its unethical practices?
Either way it leaves you no soul.

Lackey? You can't get your nose far enough MFE's butt and you have the nerve to call someone a lackey? LOL!!

Unanimity is not a validation of a premise. It's a circle jerk. If it helps you sleep at night, have at it but please don't mistake it for more than what it is. This board is not a microcosm of the company (unless it helps you sleep at night to think otherwise).

As far as your remark about not having a soul, that door swings both ways. Every day that you go to work, you enable the company to do that which you despise and you'll go back to aid and abet again the following day. You'll let the company use you for its benefit and you'll take a check for it. You'll gladly go along because "Ah gots to have a jerb" and so what if you have to compromise your principles, right? Sure, you'll talk all sorts of big talk here but when you punch the clock you'll be a good little worker who keeps his mouth shut because his spine hasn't developed yet. And you'll go back for more even.

Do you stick around the company and help it to do the awful things you keep complaining about here because you believe those are the RIGHT things for the company to do, or is it because you need a job and are willing to compromise your principles and beliefs?

Either way, it leaves you no soul. As the joke goes, you've already established what you are, the only debate is over the price. TTFN!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Lackey? You can't get your nose far enough MFE's butt and you have the nerve to call someone a lackey? LOL!!

Unanimity is not a validation of a premise. It's a circle jerk. If it helps you sleep at night, have at it but please don't mistake it for more than what it is. This board is not a microcosm of the company (unless it helps you sleep at night to think otherwise).

As far as your remark about not having a soul, that door swings both ways. Every day that you go to work, you enable the company to do that which you despise and you'll go back to aid and abet again the following day. You'll let the company use you for its benefit and you'll take a check for it. You'll gladly go along because "Ah gots to have a jerb" and so what if you have to compromise your principles, right? Sure, you'll talk all sorts of big talk here but when you punch the clock you'll be a good little worker who keeps his mouth shut because his spine hasn't developed yet. And you'll go back for more even.

Do you stick around the company and help it to do the awful things you keep complaining about here because you believe those are the RIGHT things for the company to do, or is it because you need a job and are willing to compromise your principles and beliefs?

Either way, it leaves you no soul. As the joke goes, you've already established what you are, the only debate is over the price. TTFN!

Mmmmmmnnnnnslurp. Get up in there and kiss it Dano...just the way they like it.

vantexan

So what's worse, people with no real options in this economy, for the most part, working for a company they loathe to take care of their obligations, or people who gladly whore themselves for a better paycheck at same said company?

DontThrowPackages

..................... This board is not a microcosm of the company..............
Not sure if you're referring to the corporate side of the company but I can tell you, this board most certainly represents the sentiments of the hourly/courier. Just because one or two station meetings are held and no one utters any thing negative only means those hourly folks know whoever makes the leadership feel uneasy by direct questioning, especially questioning which paints management into a corner, will only get them a " I want to see you after the meeting is over" from the senior manager. So the hourlies sit there and say nothing. Don't mistake the lack of participation as a sign things are wonderful in the eyes of the ones who do the heavy lifting for the company because they're not.

CharleyHustle

Re: Please Contact Your Local Media/DOT/Police About FedEx 'Safety&quot;

according to Pittsburgh, this rule does not apply to P/D routes within 150 air miles of station. I have been trying for two weeks to get confirmation on this.

I talked to a Michigan State Patrolman in the commercial carrier enforcement unit. He said the rule applies to every vehicle the law stipulates even if you are in the 150 mile radius, but if you don't fill out a log book there is no way for him to enforce it. So it would be a rare instance to get caught and fined by law enforcement. However, UPS knows when I imput lunch and if I am "working" during that time and could and most likely will issue warnings for noncompliance. Will you be doing the sane for your drivers?