Please Contact Your Local Media/DOT/Police About FedEx 'Safety"

bbsam

Staff member
We had an update yesterday and Charliehustle is correct. However, since we are independent, our scanners will never lock out activity the way Express' does. That is too much control. So I can dictate that they take a break and emphasize the DOT regs, but like the patrolman said, without a log, what's a guy to do.?

hypo hanna

Originally Posted by 59 Dano
..................... This board is not a microcosm of the company..............

What is, Iamfedex.com?

STFXG

We had an update yesterday and Charliehustle is correct. However, since we are independent, our scanners will never lock out activity the way Express' does. That is too much control. So I can dictate that they take a break and emphasize the DOT regs, but like the patrolman said, without a log, what's a guy to do.?

In other words, we can carry on with the "take a lunch break and you're fired" policy.

MAKAVELI

In other words, we can carry on with the "take a lunch break and you're fired" policy.
All it takes is for one of your drivers to report your ass to the dot put a little heat on you.

bbsam

Staff member
All it takes is for one of your drivers to report your ass to the dot put a little heat on you.

unless it becomes an hours of service issue, there is little a contractor or Fedex can do to prove a driver is or is not in compliance at this time. FedEx legal is working through it.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
I love it when Dano types in Billy Mays mode! Way better than his really bad sports analogies.

oYtL80f.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
It seems such a violation would affect Grounds CSA score and repeated offenses would have the contractor firing the driver for failing to adhere to DOT regulations. Am I missing something?