breaking the rules

hyena

359d0yp.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our center has posted a list of the number of "acceptable" paid send agains listed by route. I am allowed 2, which includes any NDA attempted at a known closure.

That sounds moronic for sure. Most send agains I get are coded by the shipper, signature required in person. Can't indirect. Can't control. What if you get 3 cases of wine and a few Apples?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Our center has posted a list of the number of "acceptable" paid send agains listed by route. I am allowed 2, which includes any NDA attempted at a known closure.

That contradicts what corporate says about 5 send agains being an acceptable number for each driver.

Must be different in the BOG.

No wonder you DR business stops and falsify records by signing. You're scared of being on a send again report?

If you have more than 2, does that mean it's your turn that week to wash your center manager's car?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe your center should let all your customers know about this. Where I come from the customers cause send agains. Not drivers.

Not necessarily true. We have drivers who will make the initial attempt (residential) and not use the triangle method in an attempt to indirect the package.

There will always be packages that you cannot deliver on the first attempt if no one is home.

What they are trying to get our drivers to do is make a list of their known closures so that they can get these packages off the cars.

My only concern with this list is I have several Monday known closures that they still make me attempt NDA for and they count these packages against my allowance. I had 3 for them one day which put me 1 over before I even started my route.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Not necessarily true. We have drivers who will make the initial attempt (residential) and not use the triangle method in an attempt to indirect the package.

There will always be packages that you cannot deliver on the first attempt if no one is home.

What they are trying to get our drivers to do is make a list of their known closures so that they can get these packages off the cars.

My only concern with this list is I have several Monday known closures that they still make me attempt NDA for and they count these packages against my allowance. I had 3 for them one day which put me 1 over before I even started my route.
If it's known closed and you are dispatched with the nda, then it's their own policy putting you over on their stupid report. Known closed or CL1......same outcome. Only difference is one shows up as a bad thing on an endless stack of reports

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
You can tell Upstate is a relic. I haven't used the Triangle Method in about 10 years. Don't know anyone that has, either.

In this day and age where the company management expects all residential stops to be completed in literally a matter of seconds and added to the fact that we have MyChoice, SDN's, and access points, the Triangle Method should be stricken from the books.