Bring on the concessions!!

10 point

I just have that ability, to strike a nerve. :biggrin:

Condesending ??

Maybe, but reality bites.

Even though I have posted this before, I'll provide a quick refresher course.

Yep.

But, in a lot of harsher conditions.

I started with UPS as a part-timer in the 70's.

Did every job (in an actual Hub).

Bid into Pkg car.... when we were still on paper. (and no power steering)

Qualified in feeders. (in a non-power steering cab over)

I was a part-time Steward, and a full-time Steward in Pkg.

Then.... appointed and elected by the Membership of my Local as Trustee, then BA.

I hardly feel the need to "qualify" my experience.

This is the 3rd time, I have posted the info. (but for your benefit)

Both sides, always bring a "wish list" into negotiations.

There were only 5 Locals, in the entire Central Region, that had the company plan.

And with the caveat.... of being able to receive retiree insurance, at age 50.

The only real issue is....

Why don't the Members vote ??

Help Me out.

-Bug-
Striking nerves doesn't take "ability". ..it takes the willingness to be abrasive. You got the sandpaper award. Wear it proudly.

We didn't have power steering when I started as well. That totally changes things by golly. So does the out at 50 issue. Not applicable. Sorry. I wasn't talking about that.

5 locals in the Central had the company plan? That's a good one too. Again, we weren't talking about retirement age.

The company "wish list" in augmenting Art 17 should've hit the shredder before it got offered to the membership as a viable option. Just more pork that was going away to look like we were making gains the second time around.

Let's see: 50# weight limit back then and 40% less stops (and accordingly less crap jammed into your truck) that was an 8 hr dispatch per day.

I'm sure your conditions were much harsher than anyone driving now due to global warming. (You forgot that excuse.)

The only redundancy I remember in conjunction to your past posting is how UPSers are "entitled" in their mindset.

You are in the minority on that issue...not in your opinion...but in the opinion of the public and many other LTL and TL freight drivers that I talk to.

Many said they wouldn't trade me jobs for any kind of money or benefit increase.

It's back to respect. You give it. You just may get it back.

Help yourself out.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
just more facts I'm posting wide...
look around... the "boys club" is weak and negotiating sham contracts.. they have no fight left in them
time to get some rank and file in there that will fight for the members
FACT
The people spoke. They wanted a few new VP's but were happy with their leaders. You gonna bitch for the next 5?

542thruNthru

just more facts I'm posting wide...
look around... the "boys club" is weak and negotiating sham contracts.. they have no fight left in them
time to get some rank and file in there that will fight for the members
FACT

fred obviously has fight in him the boys club obviously has none!!

You notice how none of these have a persons skin color involved? Let's try and keep that a trend. Being caucasian and negotiating bad contracts has nothing to do with skin color.
FACT

anHOURover

You notice how none of these have a persons skin color involved? Let's try and keep that a trend. Being caucasian and negotiating bad contracts has nothing to do with skin color.
FACT

its a fact that our current sham contract negotiators are old caucasian males..
ups, carhaul, southern wine and spirits, yrc... shall i continue to list the concessions brought to you by the old caucasian out of touch union leaders?
FACTS

542thruNthru

its a fact that our current sham contract negotiators are old caucasian males..
ups, carhaul, southern wine and spirits, yrc... shall i continue to list the concessions brought to you by the old caucasian out of touch union leaders?
FACTS

Please explain to me how being caucasian has to do with them negotiating a bad contract. Your "FACTS" make no sense. Are you going to tell us the Facts about their eye color or maybe shoe size?

wide load

in my 3000 member local the members spoke loud and clear... they are not happy with the old caucasian out of touch union leaders .. FACT
Well your stuck for 5 years. Are you gonna bail out and destroy this union or you gonna help?

Last edited by a moderator:

wide load

aka. fall in line.
Anyone talking to you? We all know you're not up for forward progress of this union. So do us all a favor and move on. TDUers like you want to "unite if Zuckerman wins" but if you don't get your way, you stay on track with screwing everyone else from the cheap seats.