Bring on the concessions!!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I'm not saying Teamcare is bad insurance.
We are just angry that we were lied to
It's not comparable to what we had. The lying is reason JH lost every ups local that experienced the change.
If they were honest I think many would be more trusting of our leadership
Once the next contract is negotiated, you'll see improvements.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
And was provided for, in the IBT Constitution. But people still want to rehash the subject.

I still chuckle when you tell that story.

Even with the company plan (my Local had 2 providers) eye glasses were never 100%.

Unless, you picked from the "welfare rack".

Talked with a member who was complaining about having to go to Urgent Care instead of

the ER, because he wasn't "felling good". And I apologize if this seems harsh....

But the guy is morbidly obese, and doesn't seem to use any of his dental benefits.

That's just being plain lazy.

It's funny....

TeamCare is good enough, for 1000's of other Teamsters.

But not good enough, for a small fraction of UPS members who feel they are more entitled.

-Bug-

I've said it once and I'll say it again.

On principal, I have no issues with TeamCare. I had serious issues with child wellness visits and immunizations not being covered but the plan now covers them. I don't have an issue with non-emergency ER visits not being 100% covered as going to the ER in lieu of an Urgent Care facility is a major cost issue facing all health care plans. I don't like having a deductible, but I'm also realistic. Thousands of young part-timers being rolled into our Taft-Hartley plan is better for everyone and will "mostly" take health care off the table for future negotiations (the only thing that's negotiated now is the amount of the company contribution to the plan; negotiating a reduction would amount to a non-starter). We would also be better covered -- strategically -- in a strike as the fund would continue coverage for members honoring the picket lines.

It's unfortunate that so much of the opposition to the current CBA coalesced around health care rather than other issues such as the four year progression (the company wanted two-tier wages for FT and that was the compromise, which I still disagree with), lack of solid language keeping 22.3's in the locals where they were created, and starting PT pay only being bumped to $10/hr (the turnover is a nightmare on the local union administrative side not to mention $10/hr for a union job being atrocious.)

anHOURover

Bug you are out of touch with the membership. Typical old Caucasian hofficer.
Ups pays more money than any other company into the teamsters. Big brown keep the lights on in the marble palace. Why should members be happy for taking less than we had yesterday? Maybe if you were honest with your sales pitch it would be different. It's a fact that your "idol" is at the end of his run. He's done very little for the lives of ups teamsters.
Big brown keeps making BBBBBBBILLIONS and you want to lie to us and want us to take concessions.

As always everything I post is FACTS!
FACT

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Ups pays more money than any other company into the teamsters. Big brown keep the lights on in the marble palace. Why should members be happy for taking less than we had yesterday? Maybe if you were honest with your sales pitch it would be different. It's a fact that your "idol" is at the end of his run. He's done very little for the lives of ups teamsters.
Big brown keeps making BBBBBBBILLIONS and you want to lie to us and want us to take concessions.

As always everything I post is FACTS!
FACT
Aren't you glad they make billions?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

On principal, I have no issues with TeamCare. I had serious issues with child wellness visits and immunizations not being covered but the plan now covers them. I don't have an issue with non-emergency ER visits not being 100% covered as going to the ER in lieu of an Urgent Care facility is a major cost issue facing all health care plans. I don't like having a deductible, but I'm also realistic. Thousands of young part-timers being rolled into our Taft-Hartley plan is better for everyone and will "mostly" take health care off the table for future negotiations (the only thing that's negotiated now is the amount of the company contribution to the plan; negotiating a reduction would amount to a non-starter). We would also be better covered -- strategically -- in a strike as the fund would continue coverage for members honoring the picket lines.

It's unfortunate that so much of the opposition to the current CBA coalesced around health care rather than other issues such as the four year progression (the company wanted two-tier wages for FT and that was the compromise, which I still disagree with), lack of solid language keeping 22.3's in the locals where they were created, and starting PT pay only being bumped to $10/hr (the turnover is a nightmare on the local union administrative side not to mention $10/hr for a union job being atrocious.)

I have always appreciated your fair, and balanced observations.

Did you really.... just call me a racist ??

THOUSANDS of angry teamsters who almost took your job!!

I wasn't running for an IBT position.

Lets see, how the newly elected TDU VP's.... handle their job.

At least 2 of them, never leave their Local Union hall.

8:00am until 4:00pm.

Thats how they roll.... as "wanna be" Teamsters.

Pfft.

-Bug-

10 point

It's funny....

TeamCare is good enough, for 1000's of other Teamsters.

But not good enough, for a small fraction of UPS members who feel they are more entitled.

-Bug-
The TeamCare plan was not as good as what many of us had. Of course, we were offered the C6 plan at first to make the "Mirrored" plan look better. Not everyone in brown is ignorant, pompous, or "entitled" in their mindset. We just didn't like the way it was handled and if you feel better calling us ups members condescending labels go for it.

It appears to me that your comments are equally high-minded.

Have you ever delivered 225 stops at peak out of a sardine can?
How about sweating yourself silly in the back of the can at 120-130°friend looking for yet another lost or "not found" package or freezing for ten to eleven hours in the winter at -5°friend with wind chill at -40°?

I don't appreciate pompous onlookers who have never done our job but cast demeaning jabs at what the rest of the world sees as the hardest working delivery drivers on the road.

Maybe you should walk it back until you've done our jobs.

Help me out.

~10~

10 point

Sorry, I'm just tired of the cheap shots.

We're hiring drivers.

get a brown uniform and hit the road.

You can see how entitled we are.

Last edited by a moderator:

10 point

For the record many of us protested and fought against the other issues on top of the TeamCare unknown.

They tried to put "safety, methods and service" issues into Art 17 as well.

It wasn't just the unknown issues of TeamCare that had many of us negative on the CBA. And we had no idea that locals in our state were on the C6 plan. No idea. We thought everyone was on the same level of quality healthcare that we have had for years.

I guess that makes us "entitled". BS

We had a right to question the healthcare issue after all the other garbage was served up with it. They shouldn't blame us because we can read.

10 point

Sorry, I'm just tired of the cheap shots.

We're hiring drivers.

get a brown uniform and hit the road.

You can see how entitled we are.
I said "Suit up. Let's go".
Did that upset someone?

Try this: get a brown uniform and hit the road.

Try to keep this in perspective. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

542thruNthru

For someone who has said many times he doesn't like coming into the union forum. I sure see your name a lot lately Mr. Monkey Butt.

Stirring the pot in the other forums getting boring for you. ;)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
For someone who has said many times he doesn't like coming into the union forum. I sure see your name a lot lately Mr. Monkey Butt.

Stirring the pot in the other forums getting boring for you. ;)
I only come into Union Forum when a member who can't control themselves (they're in Moderation Queue) posts something that catches my attention.