Brown Cafe Cruise Thread

klein

Für Meno :)
Gonna be 90 today in beautiful Massachusetts....

Thank God I'm not wasting my time and money in the Carribean when I have that heat right here!!!!
You could always cool down in Alaska, just got another e-mail... $549 for the cruise ;)

P

pickup

Hey Klein, someone called in a request for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1lVSWaafec

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

klein

Not sure who has the Discovery Channel. But tomorrow is season premier of "Mighty Ships".
They have a documentary on "Oasis of the Seas" tomorrow ! Wednesday (8pm eastern time here).

The first cruise they took, and how they managed to serve and accomadate over 5400 passengers on their first ever try.
Should be worth watching !

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
*&%&^##^, looks like I'll miss BC Cruise II, also. Daughter is aiming for an Oct 1 wedding, seems I'll be a little tapped....!

I'll be there with Upstate on Cruise III

kingOFchester

Just an FYI.

Some cruise lines (do not think Carnival) offer discounts for selected cruises for UPS employees. These discounts are called interline discounts. They are offered to employees of airlines, shippers and cruise lines. I priced out a cruise and was able to save over 300 per person.

Go to vacationstog.com. Look on the left side of the main screen and click on interline discounts.
Royal caribbean has a 6 day cruise going for $319per person as an example.

Good luck

klein

Just an FYI.

Some cruise lines (do not think Carnival) offer discounts for selected cruises for UPS employees. These discounts are called interline discounts. They are offered to employees of airlines, shippers and cruise lines. I priced out a cruise and was able to save over 300 per person.

Go to vacationstog.com. Look on the left side of the main screen and click on interline discounts.
Royal caribbean has a 6 day cruise going for $319per person as an example.

Good luck

Wow, that is valuable good Info !
I just googled the words interline discounts, and yes UPS, Fedex, DHL, and airline/cruise employees do get a large discount at most cruiselines.

And to be straight forward, Amy as a travel agent should have known these discounts for BC/lers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow, that is valuable good Info !
I just googled the words interline discounts, and yes UPS, Fedex, DHL, and airline/cruise employees do get a large discount at most cruiselines.

And to be straight forward, Amy as a travel agent should have known these discounts for BC/lers.

Could it be the rate she gave for the BC Cruise was better than the discounted rate? I know that I can get a better deal on a car than I would if I only used the discounts offered on upsers.

kingOFchester

Could it be the rate she gave for the BC Cruise was better than the discounted rate? I know that I can get a better deal on a car than I would if I only used the discounts offered on upsers.

I have been on over 10 cruises. I have yet to see any special lower then I can get with an interline reservation.

At random:
cheapest price for 7/18 princess cruise on emerald : $764 plus taxes and fees found on travelocity.
interline rate for 7/18 princess cruise on emerald : 599 plus taxes and fees.
Savings of 165 per person. Not to shabby.

BTW, I too have yet to get any "deal" on upsers.......but this is not the same.

Also, if you have a good TA you should get Onboard credit paid by the TA for you to use as you wish. I have yet booked a cruise and have not gotten a Onbaord credit. Anywhere from 50 per person to 150 per person. A good TA will always kick back some of their commision by putting money on your sea pass bill.

Last cruise my bill at the end of the cruise was 325 and change.
I only had to pay 200 and change since my TA gave me 125.oo onboard credit when I booked.

klein

I have been on over 10 cruises. I have yet to see any special lower then I can get with an interline reservation.

At random:
cheapest price for 7/18 princess cruise on emerald : $764 plus taxes and fees found on travelocity.
interline rate for 7/18 princess cruise on emerald : 599 plus taxes and fees.
Savings of 165 per person. Not to shabby.

BTW, I too have yet to get any "deal" on upsers.......but this is not the same.

Also, if you have a good TA you should get Onboard credit paid by the TA for you to use as you wish. I have yet booked a cruise and have not gotten a Onbaord credit. Anywhere from 50 per person to 150 per person. A good TA will always kick back some of their commision by putting money on your sea pass bill.

Last cruise my bill at the end of the cruise was 325 and change.
I only had to pay 200 and change since my TA gave me 125.oo onboard credit when I booked.

Even though, I won't be partcipating, but maybe you will King ?
Or atleast get this together, unless Amy realizes they can get Interline discounts for UPS employees !

kingOFchester

No, I will not be doing the cruise.
Just trying to share some info.

Interline, or not..... GET a TA who will give OBC (onboard credit) nothing like cash being in your cruise account as soon as you step aboard!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'M OUT!!!

I love the way people chime in, AFTER the fact, to say what a savings we could have or could have had, if only. These same people knew all about the first cruise and the preparations and could have/should have spoken up when we were at the setup stage. Since there are people that know WAY more about cruises, than I, I will sit back and watch as the next cruise is setup. I was honored to help on the first cruise, since no one was willing to step up to the plate and make that one happen. I'm glad you all had a great time and am sorry I missed out on the fun. It sure was nice to meet you all at the Bon Voyage party.:peaceful:

P

pickup

I'M OUT!!!

I love the way people chime in, AFTER the fact, to say what a savings we could have or could have had, if only. These same people knew all about the first cruise and the preparations and could have/should have spoken up when we were at the setup stage. Since there are people that know WAY more about cruises, than I, I will sit back and watch as the next cruise is setup. I was honored to help on the first cruise, since no one was willing to step up to the plate and make that one happen. I'm glad you all had a great time and am sorry I missed out on the fun. It sure was nice to meet you all at the Bon Voyage party.:peaceful:

Cruise Line Klein
the throne has been vacated
the king has abdicated.
The crown awaits a new head upon which to rest
will thoust put thine haggling skills to the test?