Brown Cafe, Reddit

542thruNthru

Current events is the next thread over.

But since you're here you need some used tennis balls for your walker?
5c29031e2e5d1b4a0445f253.jpeg.jpg

Now move along.

rod

Retired 22 years
Hey great! Your wife finally gave them back to you! Jesus it's been like 3 decades right? We should celebrate! I know our places are limited because of your false teeth but the choice is yours.
I don't think we should celebrate. I've never be into girly-boys like you.

542thruNthru

Reddit is a hot load of garbage.

The fundamental flaw is upvotes get posts pushed to the top, and most people are idiots. Idiots upvote other idiots creating higher visibility for idiocy that attracts more idiots and the problem grows exponentially.

I noticed that. It seems the down vote just subtract from the upvotes. It should be a tally of both if anything.

Where'sMyRegularDriver?

Could you describe the ruckus, sir?
Reddit can be useful, but you have to know where to look. I spent a little time checking out the general UPS reddit before my first post here. It was mostly customers looking for answers. Subreddits are more specific places for ask/answer conversations. If it doesn't already exist, r/UPSdrivers could be created. That could be a general info driver site. From there you could get more specific. r/UPSpreload, r/UPSgifstoinsult, or r/UPScoolstorybro.

Overpaid Union Thug

First I feel like this should be in UPS Discussions(because it's a Brown Cafe discussion) and more members will contribute but if the Mods don't please move this to where you think it should be.

So just the other day I got on Reddit for the first time. A driver was telling me he goes on there all the time for information. So I thought I'd check it out. I read a bunch of posts and was shocked by how bad the information was! The stuff about 22.4s on there is so ridiculous that you can tell none of them have even read the 22.4 contract language.

So as I'm reading all these post I run into this...
View attachment 264394

And I was amazed at the amount of people that agreed with these people especially after reading a lot of posts on Reddit that were so incorrect or just ridiculously bad.

The reason for this is I thought a discussion might be interesting. I believe most of these people are upset because they don't hear what they want and also don't understand how different it is everywhere. I will admit that we as a forum can come down on people pretty hard sometimes and some people can't handle that but it's kind of the UPS way. Thoughts?

Also it makes me cringe thinking of some of these people taking the advice from Reddit and being fired or just looking like complete idiots because of it.

Oh... also which one of you posted this? :)
With most of the younger generation needing instant gratification, and not having the patience that is required to get what they want out of this site, I can totally understand why they would come to those conclusions.

I mean should we really expect THESE kids to use the search feature? LOL! And you can almost count on people pouncing in them like wild animals when they create the same old threads that we’ve all seen a hundred times.

At least BC doesn’t have a rep like the “Vote No” Facebook page.

El Correcto

god is dead
First I feel like this should be in UPS Discussions(because it's a Brown Cafe discussion) and more members will contribute but if the Mods don't please move this to where you think it should be.

So just the other day I got on Reddit for the first time. A driver was telling me he goes on there all the time for information. So I thought I'd check it out. I read a bunch of posts and was shocked by how bad the information was! The stuff about 22.4s on there is so ridiculous that you can tell none of them have even read the 22.4 contract language.

So as I'm reading all these post I run into this...
View attachment 264394

And I was amazed at the amount of people that agreed with these people especially after reading a lot of posts on Reddit that were so incorrect or just ridiculously bad.

The reason for this is I thought a discussion might be interesting. I believe most of these people are upset because they don't hear what they want and also don't understand how different it is everywhere. I will admit that we as a forum can come down on people pretty hard sometimes and some people can't handle that but it's kind of the UPS way. Thoughts?

Also it makes me cringe thinking of some of these people taking the advice from Reddit and being fired or just looking like complete idiots because of it.

Oh... also which one of you posted this? :)
What do you expect from reddit? It’s the kindergarten of the Internet. You post a meme in one “subreddit” you get banned from two others by tranny mods or “progressives”.
9A19CF0A-09DD-4461-B051-FE4E1097D2A7.jpeg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What do you expect from reddit? It’s the kindergarten of the Internet. You post a meme in one “subreddit” you get banned from two others by tranny mods or “progressives”.
View attachment 264422
Anyone can start a subreddit and become Führer of their own little corner of the internet.

It's like if anyone who makes a thread on BC was the moderator of their own thread. Some people bitch about the mods here but Reddit is terrible when it comes to censorship.