Brownies working at FedEx at the same time?

Mr Shifter

What do you think of a part time worker working for both companies to make ends meet? I've seen a few employees at my center that work for both and i think the number will grow nationally due to the set schedules and low wages of both companies.

rod

Retired 22 years
I could see working at UPS for the benefits and maybe Mickey D's for the better wages but working 2 low paying box slinging jobs won't pay the bills

SmithBarney

You could possibly do it,
work AM unload/preload at UPS
and jump over to Fred and be an afternoon courier.

Especially if you want to drive at UPS.. being a courier
at Fred will help.. of course it would be like 1/4 the work
but its a nice start.

J

Jarble

I worked the twilight shift at UPS and the preload shift at FedEx last summer. It was pretty awful, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It used to be an instant termination to work for a direct competitor. I'm not sure if that's still FedEx policy, but I suspect that it is.

satellitedriver

What do you think of a part time worker working for both companies to make ends meet? I've seen a few employees at my center that work for both and i think the number will grow nationally due to the set schedules and low wages of both companies.
I think it is great that someone is willing to do what it takes to survive and succeed in life.
If I were in UPS management and learned that a PT was doing this, I would do whatever I could to get them on full time at UPS.
This is the kind of zeal that should be utilized at UPS.
PAX

FAVREFAN

I think it is great that someone is willing to do what it takes to survive and succeed in life.
If I were in UPS management and learned that a PT was doing this, I would do whatever I could to get them on full time at UPS.
PAX
Spot on man!

supercool

PAX
Well, that's why you're not management... if you were, you'd be trying to cut his hours or working him harder to exhaust him for his work at FedEx. :wink2:

UPS Lifer

Believe it or not I actually don't know what the company policy is on this! My guess it is not on the radar.

However, I do have an opinion! (sorry!) If it is at all possible, I would try to find work in the area that intrigues me. If you have a real passion for something...why not try and find work in that field??? You may find that you really excel and become so successful you don't have to work at UPS or FedEx.

My wife told me that after I retired I should be a consultant. I told her that I am not crazy....if I wanted to continue working I would stay at UPS! I want to enjoy the holidays and enjoy not working crazy hours for once in my life.
If I ever work again ... it will be doing something I really have a passion for.

Believe it or not I actually don't know what the company policy is on this! My guess it is not on the radar.

However, I do have an opinion! (sorry!) If it is at all possible, I would try to find work in the area that intrigues me. If you have a real passion for something...why not try and find work in that field??? You may find that you really excel and become so successful you don't have to work at UPS or FedEx.

My wife told me that after I retired I should be a consultant. I told her that I am not crazy....if I wanted to continue working I would stay at UPS! I want to enjoy the holidays and enjoy not working crazy hours for once in my life.
If I ever work again ... it will be doing something I really have a passion for.
hmmm I wonder how much a beer drinking strip club observer can earn?

Griff

We have several FedEx ground drivers who work preload. Not sure how they work the hours out, considering I see FedEx ground trucks on the road delivering on my way into the building in the morning?