Buyouts official plan announcement

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
because a package courier knows what it takes to run a multi-billion dollar company. lol

Probably. They don't make smart moves very often. Make me CEO for the day, and my very first action would be to replace the entire upper management team. Effing morons...all of them.

IsItME

Hmmm...... They need to say whichOpCos are included and which departments are excluded. Everyone wants to leave so this could be huge for them to clean it out.
OH SNAP, I called today and was told by, I dont know who but sound like a company hired to take care of this but not to answer any questions. lol.....They told me that I was not on the list but that did not mean anything. Very vague, but told me to call our HR manager and they DO know whats happening. Everything is suppose to surface on February 15.....

IsItME

That's funny CJinks. This company has fallen off the cliff and then crashing and burning and you make a sarcastic remark towards a courier that actually knows what's going on. I'm not a courier but small minded thinking like that sunk the titanic and will sink FedEx and make you homeless. The directors and VPs in this company are worthless. We do have some talented @$$ kissers. Great job. [nQUOTE=MrFedEx;1080539]Probably. They don't make smart moves very often. Make me CEO for the day, and my very first action would be to replace the entire upper management team. Effing morons...all of them.[/QUOTE]

SmithBarney

Whoohoo! Got the email today I'm eligible! only 7years in... now apparently a few more crr in my work group are eligible too.
but I have to wait and see if they take it.. they haven't said, but only a certain percentage of CRR per location will be able to take it.
probably something like 1 out of 10 or 15. I'll take early retirement(not really, but it gives a nice cushion to find another job)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Whoohoo! Got the email today I'm eligible! only 7years in... now apparently a few more crr in my work group are eligible too.
but I have to wait and see if they take it.. they haven't said, but only a certain percentage of CRR per location will be able to take it.
probably something like 1 out of 10 or 15. I'll take early retirement(not really, but it gives a nice cushion to find another job)

I'm curious how you got an email when the eligibility notifications aren't supposed to go out until February?

vantexan

Can you explain how this works? They are supposed to send an email, but to where? I don't have a company email address set up to my knowledge. As to the certain %, how do you know that? Is it explained in the email you received? I'm taking it that you are being serious, not having a little fun with us? :)

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I'd like to have a little of what fredly's smoking, please......no, I take that back - I'd like a whole LOT of what he's smoking

SmithBarney

Dang, busted... well I like to get the rumor mill up and at full capacity... Just go into work tomorrow, and tell one person that limited CRRs will be offered a buyout... hehe... or just tell a RTD(Rumor Transport Driver) and word is surely to get around...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dang, busted... well I like to get the rumor mill up and at full capacity... Just go into work tomorrow, and tell one person that limited CRRs will be offered a buyout... hehe... or just tell a RTD(Rumor Transport Driver) and word is surely to get around...

"Rumor Transport Driver"....so true. You might be able to get your whole district in an uproar.

Goldilocks

Call the number on the home page. They wont put you on hold and answer quickly. They asked me for my employee number and my name only. I betcha they will not offer this to the couriers. Just have a feeling. :dissapointed:

RTURNSONLY

Call the number on the home page. They wont put you on hold and answer quickly. They asked me for my employee number and my name only. I betcha they will not offer this to the couriers. Just have a feeling. :dissapointed:
Can you or anyone else share this toll free number..please?

CJinx

That's funny CJinks. This company has fallen off the cliff and then crashing and burning and you make a sarcastic remark towards a courier that actually knows what's going on. I'm not a courier but small minded thinking like that sunk the titanic and will sink FedEx and make you homeless. The directors and VPs in this company are worthless. We do have some talented @$$ kissers. Great job.
No, I make a sarcastic remark about it because it's easy to toss smack from the cheap seats and offer Monday morning quarterback observations about everything this company does. Fedex is not above criticism but I prefer it to be from a position of personal knowledge rather than conjecture and innuendo.

MAKAVELI

That's funny CJinks. This company has fallen off the cliff and then crashing and burning and you make a sarcastic remark towards a courier that actually knows what's going on. I'm not a courier but small minded thinking like that sunk the titanic and will sink FedEx and make you homeless. The directors and VPs in this company are worthless. We do have some talented @$$ kissers. Great job.
No, I make a sarcastic remark about it because it's easy to toss smack from the cheap seats and offer Monday morning quarterback observations about everything this company does. Fedex is not above criticism but I prefer it to be from a position of personal knowledge rather than conjecture and innuendo.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where this company is headed. Maybe you just don't have the perspective that we have.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Was told I'm not on the list. Asked if he knew if couriers were being offered a buyout and he said he didn't have that info.

How is it that they are telling people if they're on the list, when that information isn't supposed to be available until February?

vantexan

How is it that they are telling people if they're on the list, when that information isn't supposed to be available until February?

I got the impression the list is if you are eligible. He told me I may want to have my mgr update my years of service in PRISM. That didn't make sense as they should already know what my years of service are. They certainly know per my pension. For all I know FedEx is just trying to measure interest in the buyout by seeing how many call.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I got the impression the list is if you are eligible. He told me I may want to have my mgr update my years of service in PRISM. That didn't make sense as they should already know what my years of service are. They certainly know per my pension. For all I know FedEx is just trying to measure interest in the buyout by seeing how many call.

Sounds like it's already screwed-up.