Bye Bye Pension and Hello to matching 401k coming in 2023?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don't need to.

BTW, I don't use a credit union but I've been extrordinarily happy with Schwab for some of my investment accounts. Their checking doesn't have foreign transaction fees and refunds ATM charges worldwide. Their customer service is top notch...check them out.

Sounds like a Schwab salesman

sandwich

The resident gearhead
If the Pension converts to 401k in 2023, What happens to members who are currently retired or will retire before 2023 ?
That's a good question that all of us have the immediate answer to. It's actually so easy to answer I'll let somebody else answer it.

This a question no one can answer.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
They will take every cent that UPS has contractually contributed over the years that is in your individual Pension Fund and roll it over into your 6 percent match 401k Plan.

Trust me on this...:rolleyes:

They will take every cent that UPS has contractually contributed over the years that is in your individual Pension Fund and roll it over into your 6 percent match 401k Plan.

Trust me on this...:rolleyes:
Great, I’m going to retire yesterday. Wait a minute, you wouldn’t lie to me, would you?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
N

Been over this a million times.

If I had the pension monies put in my 401k I'd retire a millionaire a few times over. As should anyone.

With the pension I'll have to live 20 years into retirement just to break even.

But, it's not an option.

People can speculate all they want.

If you could be compensated "as well as you are" you would be there.

Would have.... could have.... should have....

It's just not a valid argument.

-Bug-