Bye Bye Pension and Hello to matching 401k coming in 2023?

1whofan

Whether or not this contract passes, the pension as we know will be replaced by a matching 401K in 2023 IMHO. I just wonder who gets grandfathered and who joins the matching 401K, would it be as simple as if your not vested by 2023 you go directly into the new plan? What would happen to most us who have more than 5 yrs with the company? This is all hypothetical, but I think the writing is on the wall. Especially after reading the memorandum of understanding.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Whether or not this contract passes, the pension as we know will be replaced by a matching 401K in 2023 IMHO. I just wonder who gets grandfathered and who joins the matching 401K, would it be as simple as if your not vested by 2023 you go directly into the new plan? What would happen to most us who have more than 5 yrs with the company? This is all hypothetical, but I think the writing is on the wall. Especially after reading the memorandum of understanding.
Ok

That's why they want the 22.4 jobs . They can pay you less and match your 401k less.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's why they want the 22.4 jobs . They can pay you less and match your 401k less.
tenor (18).gif