C.I.R.—A Handy Guide

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
it’s absolutely faster, i used it in multiple centers during peak

the only annoying thing are the sites that have CIR as an option but you go to stop complete and LOL need sig

basically gas stations and convenience stores
Customer: “I have to use the restroom, can I go ahead and sign now while you are unloading?”
Me: (looking at DIAD) “No signature needed, dont worry about it.”
Me: (after scanning all packages and finding a hidden one that requires a signature) “$&@)$”
Me: (After waiting 5 minutes outside the bathroom while the customer pinches a loaf) “Hey,I was wrong, I really did need a signature this time, sorry for standing here like a weirdo outside the bathroom, sign here please and I will see you tomorrow.”

Thanks for confusing and embarrassing the customer and making me look like a complete idiot, UPS!

soberups

Or anywhere with a surepost package.

Please fix that glitch.
Please dont!
UPS’s “fix” for the problem will probably be to tell us to seperate Surepost/Signature Release packages from the other packages, scan them seperately, stop complete using signature release, then hit duplicate stop and CIR everything else. We will be forced to waste time sorting and seperating bulk stops. No thanks!

soberups

11C2230B-3E4F-4915-AB7F-79AA366BB3A4.jpeg

the only annoying thing are the sites that have CIR as an option but you go to stop complete and LOL need sig

BlackCat

Assuming you were on the route cold, how were you able to go faster when you did not know anyone's last name?

And again, if you were doing it cold, how would you know you were going faster when you had nothing to compare it to?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Assuming you were on the route cold, how were you able to go faster when you did not know anyone's last name?

And again, if you were doing it cold, how would you know you were going faster when you had nothing to compare it to?

Customers have a funny way of letting you know if you are on time, running early or running late.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

uhhhhhhh.. yes

Did the drivers leave the building the same time?
Was the traffic patterns the same?
Did they have the same amount of air stops, and for the same places?
Did the drivers have the same exact area?

I could go on forever but it would be pointless.

I have been on my current delivery area for at least 10 years. My customers can set their watches based on my reliability and let my cover drivers know if they are running behind.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Hit number 2 and move on.

Highly doubt any runners are gonna ask a name.

And it's still faster to ask a name then to get a signature then ask a name.