C.I.R.—A Handy Guide

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
uhhhhhhh.. yes

Did the drivers leave the building the same time?
Was the traffic patterns the same?
Did they have the same amount of air stops, and for the same places?
Did the drivers have the same exact area?

I could go on forever but it would be pointless.
With this respons I can see you have been around awhile like a lot of us. You are a valued smart member. We need more members like you! Thank you for this response!!!!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I think we both take lunch around noon and skip half of it.

It tells me customers are much more likely to try and push around a cover driver.
You “skip “ half your lunch??? Wtf. ?? Are you telling me you put in a “fake lunch “ and give the company your paid time the union fought for ?? I must be misunderstanding. Please clarify!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
friend yeah. Glad to hear that!! I was concerned someone hacked your account! Lol.
Lol no and I probably do the opposite of most.

If I have an easy day I'll skip some break to get home early. If I have a terrible day I'm taking every second of break to make sure the sups are sitting at the building as late as possible.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My drivers say as long as you don't scan the 1 sure post package first and no other packages require a signature you can CIR.

Good Luck!
That means it will likely never be fixed...

....just like NI1 between 12-1pm or after 5???

Why make it "foolproof" in the DIAD, when we can task our top-heavy managerial ranks to train 10's of thousands of drivers to jump through unnecessary hoops?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My drivers say as long as you don't scan the 1 sure post package first and no other packages require a signature you can CIR.

Good Luck!
I have gotten burned and embarrassed and made to look like a maroon too many times by CIR. I’m done.
What I do now is, I scan the packages while I am in the car, then put them in prerecord.
Then when I bring them in, I get a signature. Which I also put in prerecord.
Having gotten the last name off of that signature, I go back to the packages I prerecorded and try to use CIR. If it works, great, I void the signature on my way out the door. If it doesnt, I go back to the signature, re-scan the packages in order to attach them to the signature, stop complete, then void the ones I tried to CIR.
It is stupid and complicated, but it allows me to get the work done while still spoon-feeding the required compliance metric to my supervisor so that he doesn’t bitch and whine about his report every morning. Which makes it worth the hassle to me.

PACNW

Just like anything else at UPS, they ruin a good thing by force feeding it. I'd love it as an option, but threatening discipline for getting an unnecessary signature is stupid. I have 3 or 4 customers who really want to sign, whats the big deal? Why cant we let em sign if it makes em feel better?

I don't mind the ones that alert you right away that you will need a signature, but like SOBER I have been burned several times a day by stops that don't tell you until you try to complete it that the stop is not CIR eligible. Especially after you give them the whole speech about the change in procedure.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Assuming you were on the route cold, how were you able to go faster when you did not know anyone's last name?

And again, if you were doing it cold, how would you know you were going faster when you had nothing to compare it to?

dude, it’s not hard to tell how something makes you faster at delivery
call it the runner sixth-sense

Give it to the mailman.

I must give that guy 20-30 misloads a day.
during emergency conditions days if i had a P.O. on my route, i dropped every single SP piece i had there

figured it was better than ending the day with a bunch of EC crap left

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have gotten burned and embarrassed and made to look like a maroon too many times by CIR. I’m done.
What I do now is, I scan the packages while I am in the car, then put them in prerecord.
Then when I bring them in, I get a signature. Which I also put in prerecord.
Having gotten the last name off of that signature, I go back to the packages I prerecorded and try to use CIR. If it works, great, I void the signature on my way out the door. If it doesnt, I go back to the signature, re-scan the packages in order to attach them to the signature, stop complete, then void the ones I tried to CIR.
It is stupid and complicated, but it allows me to get the work done while still spoon-feeding the required compliance metric to my supervisor so that he doesn’t bitch and whine about his report every morning. Which makes it worth the hassle to me.

This sounds like a complete waste of time and effort to me.

Future

Victory Ride
CIR does help on those stops ...where the usual receiver is tied up doing something else when u show for the delivery ..on the phone ...unloading someone else etc..... give them the thumbs up and your on your way ....
Negative aspect ... has increased daily stop count by 10-20 stops ...depending on the route