CALIFORNIA TO START NEW WEALTH TAX!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
These idiots will never learn that raising taxes NEVER works in the long run. Don't they ever look at past history.? George Bush senior lost reelection for raising taxes as one example. remember what he said "read my lips.....no new taxes"......and then he did.

raising taxes almost always has the opposite effect. I don't have an answer other than enforcing fiscal responsibility and strong oversight. I always thought a consumption tax was a better method but then again people would find a way around it. maybe it would create a larger black market.

If we were 20 years younger we would leave California. It jut too much work after being here almost 40 years. Maybe there will be a "last straw" moment that will make us move.

If there wasn't so much corruption in California we wouldn't have this problem. They learned that game from Mexico .

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
These idiots will never learn that raising taxes NEVER works in the long run. Don't they ever look at past history.? George Bush senior lost reelection for raising taxes as one example. remember what he said "read my lips.....no new taxes"......and then he did.

raising taxes almost always has the opposite effect. I don't have an answer other than enforcing fiscal responsibility and strong oversight. I always thought a consumption tax was a better method but then again people would find a way around it. maybe it would create a larger black market.

If we were 20 years younger we would leave California. It jut too much work after being here almost 40 years. Maybe there will be a "last straw" moment that will make us move.

If there wasn't so much corruption in California we wouldn't have this problem. They learned that game from Mexico .
Did you see who is behind this proposal?

AB 2088 is co-sponsored by the California Federation of Teachers, SEIU California, and the California Teachers Association.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Let's see how this plays out. Will the super rich, many that claim to be very liberal, supporting liberals that love spending other people's money, just write that check?

Ohh lord this will be fun to watch if it passes. All those movie stars who support these kinds of things (to win in the court of public opinion) will be scattering to anywhere but California now.

JJinVA

Funny. All the Conservative business owners are leaving Cali and heading to Arizona and Texas. So I guess theyre gonna be applying the wealth tax to the wealthiest liberals that live there. Sounds good to me.

The big package

One thing Democrats have never been able to understand and it's been going on for many years . They've been trying to figure out a way to punish the wealthy , but the wealthy have all the power . It's been going on for hundreds of years ! They are the bosses , the job creators and when politicians try to punish them they pass it on to the middle and lower class by getting rid of their jobs or cutting their pay or hours or they just moved themselves or their money out of the state or country.They always come out smelling like a rose !!! That will never change !!!

JJinVA

Im certain they dont raise taxes for anything other than lining their own pockets and their friends pockets for "favors". They just increase the slush funds to pull from with tax money. I remember when Social Security was supposed to be considered an untouchable fund. Didnt stop Obama...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ohh lord this will be fun to watch if it passes. All those movie stars who support these kinds of things (to win in the court of public opinion) will be scattering to anywhere but California now.
They are saying too late, you owe us for 10 years.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Sad part is that another bill is pending that goes after the people who make over $100,000.
Many will see what the future holds for them and also bug out.
Where is CA going to get the needed income to keep the lights on ?
Maybe with fewer people they can stop the current rolling blackouts ( 4 pm -10 PM ).
But in the long run, fewer and fewer tax paying groups will leave the state for some where else that respects their wealth.
This would also include many corporations.