California

floridays

I even spoke French for the silly kebekis in Canada.
That you

I only go where they speak American.

I'm happy to go places that don't speak American. But those places aren't in America. Outside of America, I try to speak their language.

When you decide what you will only do, get back to me.

You've still limited your choices, how many languages do you speak?

American and English count as one, don't pad it Frenchy.

wilberforce15

That you

When you decide what you will only do, get back to me.

You've still limited your choices, how many languages do you speak?

American and English count as one, don't pad it Frenchy.
Context is a thing.

The implied conditional is "I only go (in America) where they speak American."

Grammatical constructions like that rely on intelligent readership.

You aren't an intelligent reader.

Therefore, it didn't work.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No. American is the language.

I'm happy to go places that don't speak American. But those places aren't in America. Outside of America, I try to speak their language.

I even spoke French for the silly kebekis in Canada.

If I speak American to someone in America, and they don't understand me, that should be a punishable offense. That's why we're in America.
North, Central, or South America?

Just curious.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
For what you sell your house for there you could get a pretty nice house here. You’d have to get used to humidity 7-8 months of the year though.
Florida's on the short list but the humidity is definitely one of the cons. Plus I don't like the idea of having to evacuate whenever a big storm threatens to make landfall. Not too many wineries down that way either, I don't know how you're getting by tbh :p

JJinVA

Florida's on the short list but the humidity is definitely one of the cons. Plus I don't like the idea of having to evacuate whenever a big storm threatens to make landfall. Not too many wineries down that way either, I don't know how you're getting by tbh :p
Its also a million degrees in the summer. Summer in Florida is miserable imo. But the rest of the year its beautiful.

A $600,000 house here is about $140,000 in some parts of Florida. Cape Coral comes to mind. But Id bet the hurricane insurance is atrocious.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It’s actually nicer where I am than up there. There is always a breeze blowing which makes a HUGE difference. I think the hottest it gets here is 95-96° whereas, there it can get up to 104°. Thing is though, it lasts a lot longer here. Here you can be outside year round, unlike there. It’s worth it to not have to deal with snow and the grey days of winter.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It’s actually nicer where I am than up there. There is always a breeze blowing which makes a HUGE difference. I think the hottest it gets here is 95-96° whereas, there it can get up to 104°. Thing is though, it lasts a lot longer here. Here you can be outside year round, unlike there. It’s worth it to not have to deal with snow and the grey days of winter.
I used to have some friends that lived in Panama City, when I was single I would fly down there and stay with them for a week or so at least once a year, just hanging out. I liked it, pretty laid back place.

vantexan

Context is a thing.

The implied conditional is "I only go (in America) where they speak American."

Grammatical constructions like that rely on intelligent readership.

You aren't an intelligent reader.

Therefore, it didn't work.
Do they speak British in Great Britain? Indian in India? Australian in Australia? Asking for a friend.