Call ins

NextDayAir

I was at work about to leave and start my route for the day when I received a call from my wife about a family emergency. I spoke with the center manager and told him what was going on and told him I needed to leave and deal with the situation. He said ok but when I checked my time card it showed “called in”. Is it a call in if I was technically at work and didn’t actually call in?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I was at work about to leave and start my route for the day when I received a call from my wife about a family emergency. I spoke with the center manager and told him what was going on and told him I needed to leave and deal with the situation. He said ok but when I checked my time card it showed “called in”. Is it a call in if I was technically at work and didn’t actually call in?
Seriously?
Why would you think this wasn't a call in?

Sounds like he gave you a break

HULKAMANIA

Get and keep your Dr’s notes and apply for FMLA if it’s something that’s going to be ongoing.

Some of the people’s responses on this website are outlandish. It’s repulsive to act as if work is more important than a family emergency!