Call ins

BrownSnowFlake

Probably have at least half my building on Art 7 termination by this standard. I'm guessing you have other issues.
He’s new. All new employees get held to a higher standard bordering on harassment. Even after getting seniority they’re counting on new guys not knowing their rights.

For some reason the company thinks it’s easier to deal with a revolving door of fresh meat than the old-timers who phone it in once they see retirement on the horizon.

Grey

Talk about reaching. I got a warning letter the other day and along with citing maybe 2-3 sick days over the last year they also used tardiness from peak season last year when our boards weren’t even ready until 9:45. Like literally 1-2 minutes late on some of them from 7-8 months ago. I was actually more pissed I missed out on maybe 10 min of pay combined from last peak lol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was at work about to leave and start my route for the day when I received a call from my wife about a family emergency. I spoke with the center manager and told him what was going on and told him I needed to leave and deal with the situation. He said ok but when I checked my time card it showed “called in”. Is it a call in if I was technically at work and didn’t actually call in?
Who the hell cares? They can shove it, you had an emergency.

Talk about reaching. I got a warning letter the other day and along with citing maybe 2-3 sick days over the last year they also used tardiness from peak season last year when our boards weren’t even ready until 9:45. Like literally 1-2 minutes late on some of them from 7-8 months ago. I was actually more pissed I missed out on maybe 10 min of pay combined from last peak lol.
Anytime I have an issue like that I still in the office before I punch out and tell them to fix my timecard

Are you on the 9.5 list?

NextDayAir

I'm guessing there are other attendance issues than just these two occurrences as I could do that and wouldn't even be questioned as I tend to only call in every five years or so. But if I did get sick they certainly wouldn't fire for a 2 and a 3 day illness within 7 months.
My center is the butthole of UPS and the sups are just that way. They threaten,bully and do shady stuff constantly. We don’t know how they keep their jobs. It’s pretty toxic stuff. I just go out and lay down now. No more hustle or favors for the management team. Get out late but tons of OT on the check.