Call out frequency

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We get 5 paid sick days, if you don't use them they cut you a check at the end of the year. I've never gotten a check.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I haven't called in once in 4 years. All I can think about the whole day is those Benjamin Franklins I won't have. Not saying I won't in the future or shouldn't have already. There were some days I was not feeling well at all but still went in.
You know I've learned over the years. I can call in the first day I feel sick and sleep and rest all day and usually be good to go.

Or I can go to work get even more wore down and fight it for the next week or two.

That's just how it's worked for me over the years.

DOK

Just curious as I hang up the phone with my sup and get back into bed...how often do you guys call out and miss a day? There are drivers that do it almost once a week in my center. 3 times since January for me. Call me a snowflake if you want but I don’t have option or sick days yet being in my first year of driving.

I called off in 2002.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Just curious as I hang up the phone with my sup and get back into bed...how often do you guys call out and miss a day? There are drivers that do it almost once a week in my center. 3 times since January for me. Call me a snowflake if you want but I don’t have option or sick days yet being in my first year of driving.
If you’re a good worker and don’t create drama, ask for RTO instead. I ask once a week and they always give it to me

ManInBrown

You know I've learned over the years. I can call in the first day I feel sick and sleep and rest all day and usually be good to go.

Or I can go to work get even more wore down and fight it for the next week or two.

That's just how it's worked for me over the years.
Agree. I don’t know how anyone does this job sick. I’ve gotten sick halfway thru the day where I feel it coming on, and it’s a death struggle just to finish. I could never show up sick as a dog. I couldn’t function. I wouldn’t be able to do the job, never mind coughing all over my business customers and their packages. Once every year or two in the winter I get very sick and usually miss the entire week.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Let me guess... you never file greviences?
How would I get my 9.5 payouts if I never file? I’m not afraid of management. That doesn’t mean I have to cry about every little thing I see. This job doesn’t have to be so stressful. I treat management like human beings. Their job sucks as much as ours does, actually their job sucks way more

Siveriano

i usually just do missed calls at 4am to my manager and 2 SUPS then send a group text saying something like " i called but yall sleeping, im not going in"

Faceplanted

How would I get my 9.5 payouts if I never file? I’m not afraid of management. That doesn’t mean I have to cry about every little thing I see. This job doesn’t have to be so stressful. I treat management like human beings. Their job sucks as much as ours does, actually their job sucks way more
Sometimes it's easier to send home the 9-5 list guy and blow out his route to get the spc acceptable. Used to happen often to me. I stopped taking dead days though