Call out frequency

W

What The Hawk?

This is to easy

Doubt it was the “call out” part
It was because all I said was "I'm going to call out". And they specifically picked out the part where I used "call out" instead of "call in". What other part of that would it be? My goodness.

rod

Retired 22 years
3 or 4 yrs ago for 3 days in a row - bronchitis. Severe coughing spells and driving don't mix. I rarely call in so when I do I only hear, "okay, feel better".

My ex husband is also Union and his employer only requires calling in sick once and again the day before you'll resume your shift. They accumulate sick days so theoretically if he had 10 days accrued he could call in sick on day one and then call back in on day 10 to resume work on day 11.

He must have one of those "non-essential " jobs. My wife had one of those with the State. Every time there was a bad snowstorm it would be announced that "non-essential" employees were requested to stay home. I always gave her a bad time about if she was "non-essential" why was my taxes going toward paying to keep her employed? Always pissed her off.

rod

Retired 22 years
It was because all I said was "I'm going to call out". And they specifically picked out the part where I used "call out" instead of "call in". What other part of that would it be? My goodness.

A few also say they "bang out". What the hell is that? That sounds more like a sex term.

giggity

about a year ago, i tried to give my on-road a heads up by telling him i was going to have to call in the next day b/c i had forgotten about a doc appt for my daughter. of course, he bitched at me and then said that it would be considered an 'attendance issue'.

then about 2 months ago, i called in one morning so me and the kid could hang for a day before school started. he bitched at me again, but this time for NOT giving him a heads up ...

you can't win with those idiots. call in when you want to and for whatever reason you want ..