Calling in - take 1 or 2 days off?

watdaflock?

I seem to remember reading that if you call in two days in a row, it only counts as one occurrence? Polar vortex changing here in a couple weeks, quite the cold spell on the way.

Confident I'll have a frozen vehicle for a few days heading into February.

I'm sure depends on supplement but generally it's one call off for up to 2 days without a note. I highly doubt calling off the 2nd day would count as the same occurrence ... Where would you get that info from?

I seem to remember reading that if you call in two days in a row, it only counts as one occurrence? Polar vortex changing here in a couple weeks, quite the cold spell on the way.

If I take two days off in a row it's considered one occurrence
I don't have to call off the second day but I do have to call back on if I'm coming back to work on the second day

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
2 consecutive is 1 when done correctly.

But, if you are going to be off 48hrs....

Spend the 45 min at your doc and take the 3days.

But that's just me.

Good luck.

542thruNthru

Here, as long as they are convective it counts as one occurrence. Anything after 4 days in a row needs a doctor's note.

Attendance is different across the country so it would be a good idea to talk to a steward.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member

I called in a few weeks back on a Monday but didn’t call in on Tuesday assuming they would know I wouldn’t be coming the next day. Show up Wednesday and was threatened with being fired for NCNS. Every center is wildly different. Call in no matter what I guess

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I called in a few weeks back on a Monday but didn’t call in on Tuesday assuming they would know I wouldn’t be coming the next day. Show up Wednesday and was threatened with being fired for NCNS. Every center is wildly different. Call in no matter what I guess
Wildly??? Damn I guess you got on the CEO love train.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Wildly??? Damn I guess you got on the CEO love train

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
That’s reasonable. Before I transferred, back in SF, one call in was enough til you came back. Was kind of dumb on my part to assume that rule applied. But try to fire me!? Bastards

UnionGuy

4 days in a row is one occasion and no doctors note is needed.
5 Days and doctors note is needed
6+ is considered short term disability.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Here, as long as they are convective it counts as one occurrence. Anything after 4 days in a row needs a doctor's note.

Attendance is different across the country so it would be a good idea to talk to a steward.
Same here.

542thruNthru

You must have a union at your location.
Oh wait......
He's also got our future Secretary Treasure at his location. ;)
Vairma_Teamster-Logo-V2_FINAL2-1.png