Calling off the day after Memorial Day?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

4 day weeks are always heavy, since shippers try to put 5 days work into 4 days.

Our center manager rode with a kid yesterday on his 22nd and the consensus is that the kid wasn't going to make it so I think the combination of that plus the extra volume led to the text/phone call.

If my son weren't here I may have gone in but it is in the low 50's and drizzling so it is a perfect day to stay indoors. We saw the new X-men movie yesterday----he really liked it, I had a hard time following the story but really liked the special effects----so I'm not sure what he will want to do today.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hope something clicks in the next couple of days.

As do I. I had heard that he was doing really well with the businesses but was struggling with the residentials, which is usually the other way around. He had 24 out of our 25 late air one day. I have heard that he will go back inside for a month or so and will be given another chance before Peak.

upschuck

As do I. I had heard that he was doing really well with the businesses but was struggling with the residentials, which is usually the other way around. He had 24 out of our 25 late air one day. I have heard that he will go back inside for a month or so and will be given another chance before Peak.
Sounds like they want him driving.

Excuse my ignorance, but how can you have 24 of 25 air late? all going to the same place and lost track of time? first day by himself? out of building late? I can't imagine leaving out of building after 9:30 like you guys do. Guys here get po'ed if they leave at 9 because air is tight enough.

overallowed

What happened to the Friday after Thanksgiving? I was posted in our turn-in area that this is now a regularly scheduled workday. Full pickup and delivery. Holiday pay plus pay for working. Blame it on FedEx, because they are working, too. They started it.

mdnj88

We were slammed today. We have the same nonsense going on here, add cuts add cuts add cuts to make a split, except work is never pulled and I was forced to do it anyway.
The cages were packed at 7pm when I got back tonight.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
I'm a loader, I've worked here for 7 months without ever calling out except for a time when it snowed 2 feet and no one showed up anyway. I know it's gonna be busy today since we weren't there yesterday but I really feel sick. I know it's apparently forbidden to call off during peak, but would I be able to call off sick today? Would they give me much of a problem since I never called out before?
Do what you want. But depending on your sup the next day you come in they might stick it to you and give you :censored2:ty trucks.