Calling out UPS and the Safety crew

Benefits

longtime lurker- 1st off, thanks for all the great info and those that contribute. Learned more here about EVERYTHING ups.... then from going to any union meeting..

I know there is another thread on the weather- and I do appreciate the humor...
This is serious... today.

My experience.. work at an airport hub.. basically 90 % of us are only there for benefits. 90 % part-timers, and would estimate 80% work 2 jobs. Working poor... basically. Frankly starting to think.... "working stupid" .

So, my experience last night.... it was -24 friend temperature. -50 windchills.
Our PCM? How many safe work days.... we have.

As they are parking their dang runway equipment in the middle of the building to keep them warmed up.... Black smoke plummeting...

I'm working next to people who jumped their cars to get into work. Who don't have heat in them.

Amazon is closed here today. As is USPS. Multiple other businesses.
UPS... not just UPS corporate... but my union bros on the safety committees... and the teamsters in general- it is in the actions.. not the words. The couldn't give a damn about safety... anyone but themselves. (they were the one's calling out yesterday)

To me.... I think of them... as not the "strong, tough guys...." To me UPS corporate, my union, and the safety committee are cowards. (Do hope they are reading this!)

So why am I bothering to post this? Well... at least it is in print... If someone does get hurt... cause UPS has to... be open. May help them if an attorney does an internet search someday.

And safety committee members, do know- anyone CAN sue anyone for anything. YOU included, personally... Neither UPS or the teamsters have indemnified you. And if you haven't spoken up, done something in writing. Someone loses a life or limb... or just plain has an asthma attack on the runway, or inside with your machines warming up.
Forget the unplowed walkways... black ice...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Suck it up buttercup

0B9DF4D6-097E-4ED0-B276-8FDCD2473972.jpeg

Benefits

I did.... I was fortunate, my car started, and it did have heat. I work with people who were not as fortunate. And brownslave, I also come from a family who farmed. How about you?

Benefits

I had a reply to the checking on horses and chickens... Those who have been on farms can guess what it was.

Again, thanks for the good information available on this forum.
And the vote for worst post ever. I'm honored.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had a reply to the checking on horses and chickens... Those who have been on farms can guess what it was.

Again, thanks for the good information available on this forum.
And the vote for worst post ever. I'm honored.
Yeah have had over 100 head of cattle before but currently don’t. This isn’t some “city slicker” farm

Faceplanted

longtime lurker- 1st off, thanks for all the great info and those that contribute. Learned more here about EVERYTHING ups.... then from going to any union meeting..

My experience.. work at an airport hub.. basically 90 % of us are only there for benefits. 90 % part-timers, and would estimate 80% work 2 jobs. Working poor... basically. Frankly starting to think.... "working stupid" .

As they are parking their dang runway equipment in the middle of the building to keep them warmed up.... Black smoke plummeting...

I'm working next to people who jumped their cars to get into work. Who don't have heat in them.

UPS... not just UPS corporate... but my union bros on the safety committees... and the teamsters in general- it is in the actions.. not the words. The couldn't give a damn about safety... anyone but themselves. (they were the one's calling out yesterday)

To me.... I think of them... as not the "strong, tough guys...." To me UPS corporate, my union, and the safety committee are cowards. (Do hope they are reading this!)

So why am I bothering to post this? Well... at least it is in print... If someone does get hurt... cause UPS has to... be open. May help them if an attorney does an internet search someday.

And safety committee members, do know- anyone CAN sue anyone for anything. YOU included, personally... Neither UPS or the teamsters have indemnified you. And if you haven't spoken up, done something in writing. Someone loses a life or limb... or just plain has an asthma attack on the runway, or inside with your machines warming up.
Cars with no heaters in them.... do these poor peoples cars not have engines? How do they propel their cars? With their feet through a hole in the floor?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
5EDD7E3F-9110-48ED-8A32-82608315FE06.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol. My brother in law farms. Funny how being a farmer in -25 degree weather brings a fella to the realization that there’s some book work to do or some parts to pick up at the John Deere dealer with 30 other local farmers remembering the same thing.

As their $70,000 pickups idle out front

Lol. My brother in law farms. Funny how being a farmer in -25 degree weather brings a fella to the realization that there’s some book work to do or some parts to pick up at the John Deere dealer with 30 other local farmers remembering the same thing.
The smart farmers go south for the winter. Have their government checks forwarded.

bbsam

Staff member
Lol. The global warming bozo's are blaming this cold on.... Global Warming! You can't make this stuff up.
Do you know what the word “global” means?

It means that one day it will be a “national emergency” but more on that later.