Calling out UPS and the Safety crew

Blackadder 2

longtime lurker- 1st off, thanks for all the great info and those that contribute. Learned more here about EVERYTHING ups.... then from going to any union meeting..

I know there is another thread on the weather- and I do appreciate the humor...
This is serious... today.

My experience.. work at an airport hub.. basically 90 % of us are only there for benefits. 90 % part-timers, and would estimate 80% work 2 jobs. Working poor... basically. Frankly starting to think.... "working stupid" .

So, my experience last night.... it was -24 friend temperature. -50 windchills.
Our PCM? How many safe work days.... we have.

As they are parking their dang runway equipment in the middle of the building to keep them warmed up.... Black smoke plummeting...

I'm working next to people who jumped their cars to get into work. Who don't have heat in them.

Amazon is closed here today. As is USPS. Multiple other businesses.
UPS... not just UPS corporate... but my union bros on the safety committees... and the teamsters in general- it is in the actions.. not the words. The couldn't give a damn about safety... anyone but themselves. (they were the one's calling out yesterday)

To me.... I think of them... as not the "strong, tough guys...." To me UPS corporate, my union, and the safety committee are cowards. (Do hope they are reading this!)

So why am I bothering to post this? Well... at least it is in print... If someone does get hurt... cause UPS has to... be open. May help them if an attorney does an internet search someday.

And safety committee members, do know- anyone CAN sue anyone for anything. YOU included, personally... Neither UPS or the teamsters have indemnified you. And if you haven't spoken up, done something in writing. Someone loses a life or limb... or just plain has an asthma attack on the runway, or inside with your machines warming up.
Forget the unplowed walkways... black ice...

Did you really think UPS cared about your safety before?

Benefits

OP here... Nope, all respects to the drivers who drive in the snow. Frankly even not in the snow. I know it's a tough job. Sorry if my original post disrespected you in any way. My point was that the part timers frequently don't have the money for decent cars, or the money to repair them.

I also have a huge respect for farmers, especially those who have experienced all the changes and losses.

And nope, the rosy eyed glasses were removed years ago, I don't believe UPS cares about much other than money, more of it.... image too. They do spend money on marketing, press.

But here to share some good news. They closed the operation tonight. Though i'ld like to think someone at corporate read this thread and thought "oh no!" Probably more like the deicers are not working so no planes leaving any way. :)

F

Frankie's Friend

The Big Picture: 20,000 years ago, North America half covered in ice.

ic_small.gif
Did they find that satellite picture painted on the wall of a cave 20,000 yrs ago?

watdaflock?

Only idiots look @ one side of the debate

Top 10 Global Warming Lies That May Shock You

It's always beneficial to look into both sides of every debate. The truth is almost always somewhere in the middle. Each side has some sort of agenda going on behind the scenes & it's usually all wrapped up in $.

In this particular debate oil companies are obviously behind the "global warming hoax," while the "world is going to end in 12 years global warmers" are the progressive minded 1%ers who want the gov't to raise your taxes to pay for their new sustainable society.

Pick your poison.

Is the world going to end because of global warming in 12 years? No.

Are we horribly polluting the earth? Yes.

lol. Who are you quoting? Who said the world was going to end in 12 years?

"Global warming alarmists’ preferred electricity source – wind power – kills nearly 1 million bats every year (to say nothing of the more than 500,000 birds killed every year) in the United States alone. This appalling death toll occurs every year even while wind power produces just 3% of U.S. electricity."

GOP nut-huggers are for saving bats and birds. Got it.

FromOffTheStreets

lol. Who are you quoting? Who said the world was going to end in 12 years?

"Global warming alarmists’ preferred electricity source – wind power – kills nearly 1 million bats every year (to say nothing of the more than 500,000 birds killed every year) in the United States alone. This appalling death toll occurs every year even while wind power produces just 3% of U.S. electricity."

GOP nut-huggers are for saving bats and birds. Got it.
Ocasio Cortez said that 12 year bit actually

watdaflock?

What caused it then? In geological terms, 20k years is not much time.
Keep to the topic, poindexter. We are talking today's global warming. Not 20k years ago.

Combining the data sets from NOAA and NASA finds:

• The five warmest years in the global record have all come in the 2010s
  • The 10 warmest years on record have all come since 1998
  • The 20 warmest years on record have all come since 1995

2018GlobalTempReview_Bars_F_en_title_sm_900_506_s_c1_c_c.jpg

Faceplanted

Keep to the topic, poindexter. We are talking today's global warming. Not 20k years ago.

How about a bigger sample size? Ooooo wait, we have no clue. Our only way to Measure that would be using ice samples which in its self is flawed

How about the fact that water vapor is huge green house gas?

How about the fact that Antarctica was once tempered rain forest?

How about the fact that the 8 biggest cargo ships pollute more than every single motor vehicle on earth combined? All the pro free trade leftists won’t even talk about this.

How about the fact that us eating meat has a huge amount to do with “green house” gases

The global warming bs were being told is literally all bs. I as well as 99% of people will agree we are ruining the planet, but it’s far deeper than banning straws and forcing automakers to get 40mpg or use electric cars instead.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Big deal. The earth cools. The earth heats up. That's what it does.

Taxing my energy while other countries go free, won't change that fact.