Calling out UPS and the Safety crew

Faceplanted

It amazes how humans think we understand the history and earth so much.... yet we think a bunch of salves built the pyramids with logs and the first time electricity was used was 1800s. It’s comical. We don’t know :censored2: so let’s stop pretending.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
People produced air pollution (world wide) is a drop in the bucket compared to the pollution Mother Nature causes with her forest fires and volcanos.
There's a big difference between inactive particle pollution, and gas, chemical pollution.
This year. engine co2 is almost equal to wildfire co2.

watdaflock?

How about a bigger sample size? Ooooo wait, we have no clue. Our only way to Measure that would be using ice samples which in its self is flawed

How about the fact that water vapor is huge green house gas?

How about the fact that Antarctica was once tempered rain forest?

How about the fact that the 8 biggest cargo ships pollute more than every single motor vehicle on earth combined? All the pro free trade leftists won’t even talk about this.

How about the fact that us eating meat has a huge amount to do with “green house” gases

The global warming bs were being told is literally all bs. I as well as 99% of people will agree we are ruining the planet, but it’s far deeper than banning straws and forcing automakers to get 40mpg or use electric cars instead.
So in other words, you believe the hell with changing what we can for the better, because of things which we have no better options.
Got it.

You're statement, "8 biggest cargo ships pollute more than every single motor vehicle on earth combined" is false.

"A ship produces more carbon dioxide emission per mile and per gallon of fuel than a car. Ships in general, however, have the lowest emission levels of any other method of cargo transport , producing fewer emissions per ton of freight per mile than barges, trains or trucks."
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-th...orld-produce-more-pollution-than-all-the-cars

DOK

I seen on the news this morning someone blaming the cold on global warming. It literally made me laugh out loud it was so stupid.

It’s no longer global warming it’s now called “climate change”. Extremes in either direction, cold or hot. Damn you humans.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Why does anyone care about their impact on the environment.
In 100 years we will all be dead and nothing we did will matter.
I couldn't care less what the world is like for the next generation.

UPSER1987

longtime lurker- 1st off, thanks for all the great info and those that contribute. Learned more here about EVERYTHING ups.... then from going to any union meeting..

I know there is another thread on the weather- and I do appreciate the humor...
This is serious... today.

My experience.. work at an airport hub.. basically 90 % of us are only there for benefits. 90 % part-timers, and would estimate 80% work 2 jobs. Working poor... basically. Frankly starting to think.... "working stupid" .

So, my experience last night.... it was -24 friend temperature. -50 windchills.
Our PCM? How many safe work days.... we have.

As they are parking their dang runway equipment in the middle of the building to keep them warmed up.... Black smoke plummeting...

I'm working next to people who jumped their cars to get into work. Who don't have heat in them.

Amazon is closed here today. As is USPS. Multiple other businesses.
UPS... not just UPS corporate... but my union bros on the safety committees... and the teamsters in general- it is in the actions.. not the words. The couldn't give a damn about safety... anyone but themselves. (they were the one's calling out yesterday)

To me.... I think of them... as not the "strong, tough guys...." To me UPS corporate, my union, and the safety committee are cowards. (Do hope they are reading this!)

So why am I bothering to post this? Well... at least it is in print... If someone does get hurt... cause UPS has to... be open. May help them if an attorney does an internet search someday.

And safety committee members, do know- anyone CAN sue anyone for anything. YOU included, personally... Neither UPS or the teamsters have indemnified you. And if you haven't spoken up, done something in writing. Someone loses a life or limb... or just plain has an asthma attack on the runway, or inside with your machines warming up.
Forget the unplowed walkways... black ice...

So what’s the point? Go work inside at McDonald’s if you don’t like it. You sign up for a job that deals with the elements- and then don’t want to deal with the elements. Or call in sick like the rest of the babies

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Idiots can't see the big picture, obviously. It's called science and meteorology, try learning a little bit about both.

Why Global Warming Can Mean Harsher Winter Weather
It's really atmospheric science, climatology and climatologists who study this stuff. even well-schooled mets often don't have a deep understanding of climate science unless it was gained post-grad or they were very, very nerdy. (which happens). I had one climatology course my sophomore year.

That's why I always take people with undergrad AS/ meteorology degrees opinions of GW with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Faceplanted

So in other words, you believe the hell with changing what we can for the better, because of things which we have no better options.
Got it.

You're statement, "8 biggest cargo ships pollute more than every single motor vehicle on earth combined" is false.

"A ship produces more carbon dioxide emission per mile and per gallon of fuel than a car. Ships in general, however, have the lowest emission levels of any other method of cargo transport , producing fewer emissions per ton of freight per mile than barges, trains or trucks."
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-th...orld-produce-more-pollution-than-all-the-cars
World's 15 Biggest Ships Create More Pollution Than All The Cars In The World - Industry Tap

Sorry I was wrong, it was the 15 biggest ships.

So it’s ok for China to buy our recycled metal... ship it back to China to be processed, then ship the finished metal back to us to use? This is the type of industrial waste that is the issue. The 15 biggest cargo ships are completely unecessary

Eating meat is another huge issue. I bet you eat meat with every meal

Me not recycling a paper cup is not the issue.

watdaflock?

So it’s ok for China to buy our recycled metal... ship it back to China to be processed, then ship the finished metal back to us to use? This is the type of industrial waste that is the issue. The 15 biggest cargo ships are completely unecessary

Eating meat is another huge issue. I bet you eat meat with every meal

Me not recycling a paper cup is not the issue.

You're wrong. In fact, my mother has been a vegetarian most of her life.

As for China buy recyclables.....not so fast, my friend....

More to Come from China in 2019

Faceplanted

You're wrong. In fact, my mother has been a vegetarian most of her life.

As for China buy recyclables.....not so fast, my friend....

More to Come from China in 2019
So what does that article have to do with the past 10-20 years of us exporting our scrap metal to China, and than re importing it?

And lol and the Chinese government “stopping” the importing. With the trump tariffs they lost a huge customer of their :censored2: quality steel and alloys. With trump in place things are changing fast concerning the “global economy”

watdaflock?

So what does that article have to do with the past 10-20 years of us exporting our scrap metal to China, and than re importing it?

With the trump tariffs they lost a huge customer of their :censored2: quality steel and alloys.
lol you actually believe American steel is somehow better than China's. Even American steel can have a possibility of impurities due to improper casting conditions, uneven heating, loss of pure byproducts, etc.

The reason USA has to import steel is because we need it and are unable to produce it profitably ourselves. Business 101.

The US is the world's top steel importer. The value of steel shipped into the US was just over $29 billion in 2017.

Nearly 17% of steel imported into the US comes from Canada, according to S&P Global Platts. South Korea, Mexico, Brazil and China are also major exporters to the US.

The new tariff could put those countries squarely in the firing line.

Ben May, a director at Oxford Economics, said that 88% of Canadian steel exports went to the US in 2016. The same is true for nearly three-quarters of Mexican steel.

China would be less affected because its trade with the US is already restricted by American import controls and duties.

The global steel industry by the numbers
180302172653-us-steel-exporters-chart-780x439.jpg

watdaflock?

You also know what country is the largest in favor of global warming? Russia. They want their Northern sea route open year-around.

Arctic sea ice extent
1979-2009 (average)
6.09 million sq km

3.41 million sq km

Source: National Snow&Ice Data Center

Last edited:

Brown Wing

Sandbagger
What caused it then? In geological terms, 20k years is not much time.

Was trying to say that we can measure carbon levels dating back millions of years. Even more specifically the carbon emitted from fossil fuels. Look at the steady carbon levels for the last 500,000 years and then the spike that occurred in the mid 20th century. It's a zero sum game the deniers are playing.