Cameras coming to FedEx Ground Trucks

Oldfart

Yeah, FedEx gave 2% raises to MIDRANGE employees. That's everyone who wasn't topped out or newly hired. So I guess you're wrong again. Even Dano knew that.
Once again, you and Dano would be wrong. I posted the definition of midrange and you still don't understand the meaning. Doesn't the first part of the word give you a hint? "MID" As in MIDDLE. I guess you don't understand the definition of "MEDIAN" when it pertains to the cost of a house or income level. Almost means the same thing. Except to you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
LOL

Sorry you got your feelings hurt by someone who knows quite a bit more than you. It happens.
Sorry, but you’re not smart enough to know that feelings have nothing to do with this. Another reply that sailed straight over your head. It happens and with you, a lot.

vantexan

Once again, you and Dano would be wrong. I posted the definition of midrange and you still don't understand the meaning. Doesn't the first part of the word give you a hint? "MID" As in MIDDLE. I guess you don't understand the definition of "MEDIAN" when it pertains to the cost of a house or income level. Almost means the same thing. Except to you.
You aren't aware that every year the company said topped out employees get 3%, midrange employees get 2%? They did have that one pay plan for about a year or two where once you reached the third quadrant your raises accelerated. Only took about 20-22 years to top out under that plan. But they scrapped that and for most of the last ten years top out got 3%, midrange got 2%. And they never said, look, if you are right in the middle of the range you get 2%, otherwise you're SOL.

Oldfart

Your ignorance is on display again.

It's spelled capisce, not capish.

Proof you're not as smart as you profess.
Must be smarter than you. I didnt correct someones spelling that spelled a word correctly. Depends on what version of the word you use according to google.

Last edited:

Oldfart

Your ignorance is on display again.

It's spelled capisce, not capish.

Proof you're not as smart as you profess.
Hey Fred? Who is the ignorant one now?

capish
capish
(kəˈpiʃ)
in. to understand. (Usually as a question. From an Italian dialect.) The matter is settled. No more talk. Capish?

vantexan

You aren't aware that every year the company said topped out employees get 3%, midrange employees get 2%? They did have that one pay plan for about a year or two where once you reached the third quadrant your raises accelerated. Only took about 20-22 years to top out under that plan. But they scrapped that and for most of the last ten years top out got 3%, midrange got 2%. And they never said, look, if you are right in the middle of the range you get 2%, otherwise you're SOL.
Hey Oldfart, why are you ignoring my reply?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You don't have the perspective of the courier. Goals are set, whether by manager or ROADS,

ROADS doesn't set goals.

there is no change in the route, but simply because the courier can meet or exceed those goals, they are raised until they can no longer be met.

If a courier is consistently exceeding the goal, then the goal is too low.

Then the courier is harassed because a swing, who ignores Best Practices, can meet them. Does that mean they are attainable? Yes, but at the expense of safety. Then "safety" becomes lip service by Corporate. This is the number 1 complaint from couriers, and P-S-P becomes hogwash. Nothing you can say can spin it into something legitimate and logical.

You're going with the assumption that swings who nuke goals aren't working safely. If you're a courier whose route was smoked by a swing, go to you manager and explain which practices he did that were unsafe.

Here's an example of what I've usually found. Sixty stop route. Courier missing his goal by 25 minutes. "I'm doing the best I can." Spends about a minute talking at most of his business stops. Stops at a gas station for a drink and a snack - 3 minutes. Spends 10 minutes looking for packages, working around poorly sorted packages, and re-sorting them. Breaks route to deliver an afternoon stop as early as he can because it's for his buddy/he has a crush on the receptionist/whatever and he wants to take care of him/her - 5 minutes out of the way.

Right there you have 18 minutes of time that he's wasting (plus his chit-chat time at some stops) from a guy who's doing the best he can, or so he says. This is an easy fix.

I push him to do a better job of sorting his truck because that reduces a 25 minute issue to a 15 minute issue. If he does that and cuts an average of 20 seconds from each stop, he's beating his goal. He can cut that 20 seconds just by walking at a brisker pace (and he can also cut out some of the other stuff I listed). "Sort your truck better and give us just a few seconds at each stop and you're in the clear." It's my opinion that you fix the most egregious deficiency and ask for however many seconds per stop to make up the rest.

In this scenario he still gets to do the things he likes, his work isn't being nitpicked, he's only being asked to fix one deficiency, and he's not being asked to do a lot in order to close the gap.

It's fairer to the courier that way and most seemed to appreciate having it presented in that manner.

59 Dano

If you can't see the double standard and someone needs to explain it to you, you're just well....hopeless. Then again we already knew that.

There's not a double standard. You think I'm dumb for not understanding something that you can't explain. That's dumb and that's typical you.

Nothing is dumber than a courier and his "Thay git all ov'r ahr butts when we gots a late but wut 'bout theim pahluts who drives tha planes here layte???" crap. Nothing says stupid like a courier complaining about late planes when the freight was on time and he had a late. No logic there at all.

You're talking Ground and we're talking Express. You must have drank your lunch too fast to keep up.

Express volume is still growing. You're not smart enough to be in this conversations. Why do you insist?

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
ROADS doesn't set goals.

If a courier is consistently exceeding the goal, then the goal is too low.

You're going with the assumption that swings who nuke goals aren't working safely. If you're a courier whose route was smoked by a swing, go to you manager and explain which practices he did that were unsafe.

Here's an example of what I've usually found. Sixty stop route. Courier missing his goal by 25 minutes. "I'm doing the best I can." Spends about a minute talking at most of his business stops. Stops at a gas station for a drink and a snack - 3 minutes. Spends 10 minutes looking for packages, working around poorly sorted packages, and re-sorting them. Breaks route to deliver an afternoon stop as early as he can because it's for his buddy/he has a crush on the receptionist/whatever and he wants to take care of him/her - 5 minutes out of the way.

Right there you have 18 minutes of time that he's wasting (plus his chit-chat time at some stops) from a guy who's doing the best he can, or so he says. This is an easy fix.

I push him to do a better job of sorting his truck because that reduces a 25 minute issue to a 15 minute issue. If he does that and cuts an average of 20 seconds from each stop, he's beating his goal. He can cut that 20 seconds just by walking at a brisker pace (and he can also cut out some of the other stuff I listed). "Sort your truck better and give us just a few seconds at each stop and you're in the clear." It's my opinion that you fix the most egregious deficiency and ask for however many seconds per stop to make up the rest.

In this scenario he still gets to do the things he likes, his work isn't being nitpicked, he's only being asked to fix one deficiency, and he's not being asked to do a lot in order to close the gap.

It's fairer to the courier that way and most seemed to appreciate having it presented in that manner.
I had a now "fired courier" who couldn't do his route most of the times. When I ran it, I was able to finish deliveries by 1pm latest.
I'm old and slow... he was young and loved to talk, and at 3pm he was getting to his pickups I would be halfway through, unloaded at base and twiddling my thumbs before the big bulk stop on that route.
So you have a point there on wasting time.

59 Dano

I had a now "fired courier" who couldn't do his route most of the times. When I ran it, I was able to finish deliveries by 1pm latest.
I'm old and slow... he was young and loved to talk, and at 3pm he was getting to his pickups I would be halfway through, unloaded at base and twiddling my thumbs before the big bulk stop on that route.
So you have a point there on wasting time.

It can manifest itself in the strangest of ways. Once a courier leaned up against the truck and fired up a Marlboro. He said he always takes a smoke break at that stop. At the end of the night we talked about where he thought he could improve in order to hit his goal and he never mentioned "eliminating smoke breaks." I mentioned it and he said it had never crossed his mind, LOL!

Cactus

There's not a double standard. You think I'm dumb for not understanding something that you can't explain. That's dumb and that's typical you.

Nothing is dumber than a courier and his "Thay git all ov'r ahr butts when we gots a late but wut 'bout theim pahluts who drives tha planes here layte???" crap. Nothing says stupid like a courier complaining about late planes when the freight was on time and he had a late. No logic there at all.
Memphis Kool-Aid poisoning like no other. Too late for a cure for your sorry ass. The way you defend this company is definite proof you never left. You such a liar.

Express volume is still growing. You're not smart enough to be in this conversations. Why do you insist?
You still haven't proved it either and acting like a third grader isn't helping here at all Jethro.

Cactus

It can manifest itself in the strangest of ways. Once a courier leaned up against the truck and fired up a Marlboro. He said he always takes a smoke break at that stop. At the end of the night we talked about where he thought he could improve in order to hit his goal and he never mentioned "eliminating smoke breaks." I mentioned it and he said it had never crossed his mind, LOL!
:bsbullf: