Cameras coming to FedEx Ground Trucks

bacha29

How do you think the video recording works?
It's not a question of how they work but rather the fact that they are there and extent to which they can be used. Furthermore X wanted them there to help limit THEIR exposure to risk not yours. Therefore wouldn't it make sense to contact a reputable attorney who specializes in tort law and find out how the presence of those cameras could reduce or increase your exposure to risk and liability?
For once rather than to simply taking X's work for everything why not go to someone who will give you ALL the facts surrounding the matter. Not just the ones X wants you to know.
Remember you're just a means to an end and Fedex Ground is not going to worry about what happens to you.

It will be fine

It's not a question of how they work but rather the fact that they are there and extent to which they can be used. Furthermore X wanted them there to help limit THEIR exposure to risk not yours. Therefore wouldn't it make sense to contact a reputable attorney who specializes in tort law and find out how the presence of those cameras could reduce or increase your exposure to risk and liability?
For once rather than to simply taking X's work for everything why not go to someone who will give you ALL the facts surrounding the matter. Not just the ones X wants you to know.
Remember you're just a means to an end and Fedex Ground is not going to worry about what happens to you.
I don’t think you understand what running a trucking company entails. I do weekly and monthly safety training, document all of it and coach drivers on safe driving. Cameras will give me another tool to instruct drivers that aren’t practicing safe habits. It gives me evidence to use to punish drivers that aren’t following procedures. It gives me plenty of evidence of my drivers practicing safe driving which will show a bad driver is an outlier not following instructions. You are very hung up on your every truck has 3 drivers bull, that’s just not reality. Every post you make about the cameras makes you look very ignorant of the operations of a trucking company.

bacha29

I don’t think you understand what running a trucking company entails. I do weekly and monthly safety training, document all of it and coach drivers on safe driving. Cameras will give me another tool to instruct drivers that aren’t practicing safe habits. It gives me evidence to use to punish drivers that aren’t following procedures. It gives me plenty of evidence of my drivers practicing safe driving which will show a bad driver is an outlier not following instructions. You are very hung up on your every truck has 3 drivers bull, that’s just not reality. Every post you make about the cameras makes you look very ignorant of the operations of a trucking company.
You only see it from the single perspective of how they could benefit you. What you don't see it how others could use that video evidence in a fashion that could benefit them at your expense. If you find yourself a defendant in a wrongful death lawsuit and existence of those cameras during the course of the investigation becomes known law enforcement or a judge may order you to turn over those cameras and what they may contain might absolve you or they might hang you. You can expound on your safe driving habits and procedures all you want but it still comes down to what did the camera see. You could come away shining like a brand new nickel but it could also turn out that it saw something you will wish that it hadn't seen.
It is clearly not the 100% sure bet win-win you think it is

It will be fine

You only see it from the single perspective of how they could benefit you. What you don't see it how others could use that video evidence in a fashion that could benefit them at your expense. If you find yourself a defendant in a wrongful death lawsuit and existence of those cameras during the course of the investigation becomes known law enforcement or a judge may order you to turn over those cameras and what they may contain might absolve you or they might hang you. You can expound on your safe driving habits and procedures all you want but it still comes down to what did the camera see. You could come away shining like a brand new nickel but it could also turn out that it saw something you will wish that it hadn't seen.
Again you display your ignorance, a larger collection of documentation of a safety program only can benefit me. Past videos of driver being safe and having a momentary lapse show a failure of the driver not my corporate safety program. Cameras would only be a problem if they demontrate a negligence on my part to train and enforce safe driving standards. You really don’t understand how things work.

Oldfart

If you are guilty of negligence the camera will show it. If you are innocent, the camera will show it. The camera will tell the truth. Nothing like the truth.

Oldfart

FYI? If anyone has a chance to see Skynyrd on their fair well tour, do it. Drove over to St. Louis tonight to see them, Hank Jr and 38 Special. Might have been the best concert I have ever seen and the outdoor amphitheater was the best facility I have ever been to. Going to a Cardinals game tomorrow and then going to Rod Stewart at the same amphitheater tomorrow night.

bacha29

Again you display your ignorance, a larger collection of documentation of a safety program only can benefit me. Past videos of driver being safe and having a momentary lapse show a failure of the driver not my corporate safety program. Cameras would only be a problem if they demontrate a negligence on my part to train and enforce safe driving standards. You really don’t understand how things work.
Call me what you want but it is your responsibility to know how the laws in your state govern the existence and use of video cameras in YOUR vehicles. They exist for the purpose of discovering the truth in the pursuit of justice not only for your benefit but for the benefit of the other party as well.
Therefore wouldn't it make sense to establish with the help of qualified legal counsel a full 360 degree understanding of how the law works for all parties in this matter not just you alone. When it comes to the failure to do so?....Well, in the end we might just get to find out who the ignorant one really is.

There is another human factor involved when it comes to the presence of in truck video recording devices.

You've taken a truck cab and turned it into a jail....A jail for those who at that point have committed no crime.....And you might just get the surprise of you life at the number of people who upon escaping that jail refuse to get back in it as well as the number of people who will refuse to enter it altogether.

If the skill, reason and judgement of the people you are relegated to having to hire are so suspect that you have to take extraordinary measures just to get by with them then perhaps if you actually paid them a wage and benefit package that is on par with the rest of the industry you might not have to take what the others didn't want.
As I mentioned earlier my colleagues and I refused to accept additional routes AND THEY WERE COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE. Why? Because we refused to accept the modest and limited amount of additional income in exchange for the reputation of being an employer who demands too much and pays too little and I haven't seen an ISP/CSP contractor yet who isn't one......And once that reputation is burned into your character you have it for life and remains with you even after you're dead and gone.

vantexan

Call me what you want but it is your responsibility to know how the laws in your state govern the existence and use of video cameras in YOUR vehicles. They exist for the purpose of discovering the truth in the pursuit of justice not only for your benefit but for the benefit of the other party as well.
Therefore wouldn't it make sense to establish with the help of qualified legal counsel a full 360 degree understanding of how the law works for all parties in this matter not just you alone. When it comes to the failure to do so?....Well, in the end we might just get to find out who the ignorant one really is.

There is another human factor involved when it comes to the presence of in truck video recording devices.

You've taken a truck cab and turned it into a jail....A jail for those who at that point have committed no crime.....And you might just get the surprise of you life at the number of people who upon escaping that jail refuse to get back in it as well as the number of people who will refuse to enter it altogether.

If the skill, reason and judgement of the people you are relegated to having to hire are so suspect that you have to take extraordinary measures just to get by with them then perhaps if you actually paid them a wage and benefit package that is on par with the rest of the industry you might not have to take what the others didn't want.
As I mentioned earlier my colleagues and I refused to accept additional routes AND THEY WERE COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE. Why? Because we refused to accept the modest and limited amount of additional income in exchange for the reputation of being an employer who demands too much and pays too little and I haven't seen an ISP/CSP contractor yet who isn't one......And once that reputation is burned into your character you have it for life and remains with you even after you're dead and gone.
A little melodramatic, don't you think?

Oldfart

LOL

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
But here is my story: I took over a route, and because I (would like to think) was a very strong driver my stop within a month were raised between 20-25%. Now I acknowledge part of me was looking forward to a little bit of a honey moon period where I would get readjusted/consulted on that status of the area and we would find a more appropriate goal.

That did not happen within a month of taking over I was doing 20-25% more stops just like I mentioned, and to be fair it was a retirement route so I knew that wasn't going to last because we are not that kind of company... everybody should carry their weight.

If route can consistently support X stops per hour, why is there an issue when the goal for that route is raised to X stope per hour?

59 Dano

This kind of talk was rattling around in the Seahawks' OC's head when he called for a Russell Wilson pass near the end of Super Bowl XLIX. Occam's razor.

bbsam

Staff member

I’m in it for the money.

59 Dano

FYI? If anyone has a chance to see Skynyrd on their fair well tour, do it.

I hate it when bands pull that crap. There are "classic" bands that play in this area occasionally and it's a real member of the band plus some other guys that no one has heard of. I don't care that they play but change the dang name. You're a tribute band/cover band "featuring [insert real band member here]." Pet peeve.