Cameras in Trucks

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
For RTD's
In the last 6 months, they started putting cameras and omnitracs in our trucks but then abruptly stopped. My manager told me that they did not have access to the video and it would only be used in the event of an accident. Last Thursday, my good friend was in a meeting with our Sr. Manager. He stated that they had purchased low budget cameras that were not adequate so they changed midstream and ordered the most expensive cameras. They are on back order but would be installed by end of October. He then said that they would be watching them from home to see where were at and what we were doing. Also, he said that they would determine if we had sleep apnea.

I do not think that they are allowed to watch the cameras. If you did watch the camera, you may see a sleepy driver but that would not diagnose sleep apnea. It is funny that he said that because I know a couple of drivers that missed many weeks of work due to having to go for a sleep study. Watch out if you are overweight. It is not the Dr.s that dictate this...it is E screen. I thought E screen just paid the DOT physical. Nope, they are looking at your physical results and E screening your butt off the road.
This whole deal where managers make the diagnosis for sleep apnea is a farce and would never hold up in a court of law. One would think the legal department would cringe over this as much as the company hates being sued. Managers may think they're god but they ain't doctors.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This whole deal where managers make the diagnosis for sleep apnea is a farce and would never hold up in a court of law. One would think the legal department would cringe over this as much as the company hates being sued. Managers may think they're god but they ain't doctors.

LOL, you dope, managers aren't diagnosing sleep apnea.

Cactus

LOL, you dope, managers aren't diagnosing sleep apnea.
You're wrong you dimwit.

Most managers mentality is that they're experts on everything. In fact they act just like you because Memphis told them and programmed them to act that way.

59 Dano

You're wrong you dimwit.

Most managers mentality is that they're experts on everything. In fact they act just like you because Memphis told them and programmed them to act that way.

LOL, "They are diagnosing sleep apnea." You're a special kind of dumb.

Cactus

LOL, "They are diagnosing sleep apnea." You're a special kind of dumb.
You really have no idea one way or the other.

Now back to your meaningless cushy office gig where you print up useless graphs and charts that put people to sleep.
I'll bet that generates lots of money for the company you worship so much.

59 Dano

You really have no idea one way or the other.

Now back to your meaningless cushy office gig where you print up useless graphs and charts that put people to sleep.
I'll bet that generates lots of money for the company you worship so much.

When a person with a meaningless useless life says those things to me, it hurts. It hurts so bad!

Empty Pockets

This Sr. who stated all these things is a worthless turd. I do not think that anyone from FedEx will get to watch the video unless of an accident or many sensor alerts. I do not know how a camera is going to show sleep apnea unless we are sleep driving and stop breathing. At any rate, it does sound like the cameras are coming.

The Escreen folks did mess up 3 folks that I know. I will not get into specifics but having a BMI of 35 will get you flagged at Excreen. It does not matter how well you pass the DOT physical, Escreen WILL flag you and make you do a sleep study. How do they have access to our medical info? We work nights and therefore at a disadvantage. If you are flagged and have to get a CPAP machine, it takes a month of data to clear you to drive. The machine one friend had was programmed to show sleep from noon to noon. If you sleep from 9am to 3pm it will show two sets of 3 hour naps at the beginning and end of the 24 hour period.

Are couriers DOT? Do they have to get DOT physicals? This is a way to thin the heard.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Are couriers DOT? Do they have to get DOT physicals? This is a way to thin the heard.

Some couriers are, some aren’t. All swing/cover drivers are as well as anyone who drives a vehicle larger than a Sprinter. FedEx stripped the DOT certifications for those whose routes used Sprinters and vans a few years ago. Now they’re finding it screwed thingsvuo and they’re slowly having those people recertified.

I recently went to the FedEx quack doctor to be decertified. I passed the DOT physical with no problem but the Escreen people insisted on information from my PCP as well because of a medication I’m taking. I guess Fedex doesn’t even trust the quack doctors. Lol.

Artee

Some couriers are, some aren’t. All swing/cover drivers are as well as anyone who drives a vehicle larger than a Sprinter. FedEx stripped the DOT certifications for those whose routes used Sprinters and vans a few years ago. Now they’re finding it screwed thingsvuo and they’re slowly having those people recertified.

You wait until the electric vehicles come in. One of the stations I pick up freight from will be getting 30 of them. They will be larger than a sprinter and will be required to have drivers with a commercial license because of the weight class. More drivers are going to be getting put back on the DOT list.

Artee

For RTD's
In the last 6 months, they started putting cameras and omnitracs in our trucks but then abruptly stopped. My manager told me that they did not have access to the video and it would only be used in the event of an accident. Last Thursday, my good friend was in a meeting with our Sr. Manager. He stated that they had purchased low budget cameras that were not adequate so they changed midstream and ordered the most expensive cameras. They are on back order but would be installed by end of October. He then said that they would be watching them from home to see where were at and what we were doing. Also, he said that they would determine if we had sleep apnea.

I do not think that they are allowed to watch the cameras. If you did watch the camera, you may see a sleepy driver but that would not diagnose sleep apnea. It is funny that he said that because I know a couple of drivers that missed many weeks of work due to having to go for a sleep study. Watch out if you are overweight. It is not the Dr.s that dictate this...it is E screen. I thought E screen just paid the DOT physical. Nope, they are looking at your physical results and E screening your butt off the road.

We have had cameras for just about a month now. We have 2 guys already get in trouble because they could not keep their ding dongs in their pants. 1 got fired and the other is out on suspension. They had to put out a memo to remind the drivers to do their personal business at home and not on the clock.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We have had cameras for just about a month now. We have 2 guys already get in trouble because they could not keep their ding dongs in their pants. 1 got fired and the other is out on suspension. They had to put out a memo to remind the drivers to do their personal business at home and not on the clock.
Why did one only get suspended?

Empty Pockets

What kind of responses do you expect from some of the dumb crap you post?
The dumb crap I post is the fedex reality. We could not make up crap this dumb if we tried. I am not looking for a response to the information that I post.
You did not answer the question, Do you ever post any relevant information on here or do you just troll posts and contest everything?

Empty Pockets

You wait until the electric vehicles come in. One of the stations I pick up freight from will be getting 30 of them. They will be larger than a sprinter and will be required to have drivers with a commercial license because of the weight class. More drivers are going to be getting put back on the DOT list.
This could also mean that they will have to go through the weight stations. Years ago, we had a driver cross a state line in a Ford high cube. We never knew or thought to see if it was required. Gary blew by the scales and got pulled over. The high cube had a GVW of 12,600 pounds. Anything over 12,000 had to cross the scales. If anyone gets one of those, make sure you check on that.

SmithBarney

As stated, they removed the DOT requirement for most CRRs. I anticipate them reinstating the requirement in the future. Which will cause many CRRs to not be able to re-certify. Existing DOT holders with medical conditions that are controlled by medication or otherwise usually can keep their DOT status. Now that most of them have lapsed, re-certifying will be harder.