Cameras in Trucks

fedex_rtd

Looks like we are getting video cameras in the Express trucks now. There is a Eacknowledge that you will have to sign off acknowledging that you accept the cameras in the trucks as a condition of your employment, if you don't want the cameras watching you, then you must quit.

The cameras will be looking both outside of the vehicle and inside the vehicle.

This is probably the real reason Old fart left the company, he did not want to be watched while he was driving, or farting off on the clock.

TNT Frosty

They tried to put them here, but it was voted against, however, they were going just to be facing forward and used if we have a crash etc... to be used as a dash cam.. doesnt bother me, as I have two in the truck, but only one is pointing at the opp side mirror.. just incase..
Doesnt bother me having dash cam, and it means I dont have to worry about uploading the footage every weekend.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
This is probably the real reason Old fart left the company, he did not want to be watched while he was driving, or farting off on the clock.
What??....Petrified Bumgas is gone? When did that happen?

Somewhere there’s a station celebrating like it’s 1899 (his birth year).

MassWineGuy

What do you mean “voted against it?”

Are some areas seeing many cases of employees stealing freight? If this isn’t why, then WHY?

Who do you think will be looking, the station or Memphis?

So looking at your power pad or phone while driving are probably out.

This really disturbs me a lot. But I need to the job for at least five more years.

SmithBarney

What are the camera's going to see, the trucks don't get washed, windshields caked in mud... thick layers of dust on the inside.. we can't even keep our backup cameras operational, this is laughable.

MassWineGuy

OP is a CTV driver so maybe this only pertains to them? Dunno, the post is kinda vague.

At a meeting at my Express station they announced cameras in trucks. Asked why and one manager said "To protect freight." Vague enough? Is a lot of freight being stolen lately?

Printers and power pads are falling apart, intro dates for updated ones keep getting pushed back. I hope
I can stomach another five years.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Looks like we are getting video cameras in the Express trucks now. There is a Eacknowledge that you will have to sign off acknowledging that you accept the cameras in the trucks as a condition of your employment, if you don't want the cameras watching you, then you must quit.

The cameras will be looking both outside of the vehicle and inside the vehicle.

This is probably the real reason Old fart left the company, he did not want to be watched while he was driving, or farting off on the clock.[/QUOTEY

I haven't seen this. You are an RTD correct? Are these cameras for the RTDS or couriers or both? This is the first I've heard about it. Also, you can always not agree with their new Eacknowledge and let them fire you so you can get unemployment.

TNT Frosty

When FedEx first bought TNT, our depot had meeting about it (5 infact), with the 4th being the voting period... and the 5th being the results.

For us however, it was front facing dashcams, that were behind the center mirror on some trucks/vans, and others in the same location (just no mirror to hide them)

I see the term "To Protect Freight".. means they have not a clue. How many law suits, crashes, false reports, of drivers have there been, and because we are seen as "Professional" drivers.. we are at fault, unless video shows otherwise...
I myself have been in 3 crashes... all not my fault... all the other driver said they at fault... then 2 days later, we get letter from insurance saying I was at fault, and that we have to pay for damages...
I have 2 of my own dash cams... I handed the footage, and was never spoken to about it again...
Been T-Boned on my fuel tank side at low speed, ripped front of car apart... women know it was her fault, cops got statement etc said I could go... got told by one of the coppers, her husband been assign for my "Personal number", to sue me for speeding, not the company, but me... they guy just replied that they have the trucks dash cam, "with speedo enabled"... and he hanged up.

We got cameras all over the depot, covering the floors, and the conveyor belt systems... the only spot to "steal"... is when the dockhands touch it inside the trailer when off loading...

If you guys are getting the ones that look at the cargo area, heck even inside the cab.... dont forget.. office staff.. who sit all day, have cameras looking at them 24/7 or well, while at work, it shouldnt bother anyone unless you plan on or have been doing stuff in the cab that you shouldnt. Worse ive done is taken my shirt off to hang/dry on summer days and wear another shirt (I do put back the company shirt when I go to new customer and our own depots); oh and flip flops I wear :D
Play music off my phone, and its bluetoothed to the truck.
(Mind you, black tape, or a picture of the cab with you sitting down and rigging it is easy to do)

Star B

White Lightening
OP is a CTV driver so maybe this only pertains to them? Dunno, the post is kinda vague.
From what I've heard it's CTVs only. But then, remember, vehicle GPS started CTV-only and now it's in all the fleet. It's pointed to the driver.

It may not go to the main delivery because why would FX give the lawyers something to subpoena and sue the snot out of them. I would think that RTD wrecks involving other people happen less often than with the deliv/pup fleet.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
From what I've heard it's CTVs only. But then, remember, vehicle GPS started CTV-only and now it's in all the fleet. It's pointed to the driver.

It may not go to the main delivery because why would FX give the lawyers something to subpoena and sue the snot out of them. I would think that RTD wrecks involving other people happen less often than with the deliv/pup fleet.
And RTD accidents are usually a lot more serious.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Yes, this is for RTDs only (for the moment). Every jolt, every swerve, every hard brake or acceleration will send an alert to the safety goons who will be able to view an instant replay as to what took place during the moments leading up to, including, and after the “event”. Of course they sold it as being “really a very good thing” for us. Mm hmm, yes indeed, I’m sure it will be nothing but wonderful.

It will be fine

Yes, this is for RTDs only (for the moment). Every jolt, every swerve, every hard brake or acceleration will send an alert to the safety goons who will be able to view an instant replay as to what took place during the moments leading up to, including, and after the “event”. Of course they sold it as being “really a very good thing” for us. Mm hmm, yes indeed, I’m sure it will be nothing but wonderful.
It is good for you if you drive properly. If every rough set of train tracks shows you paying attention and driving safely it’s evidence in your favor. It’s a great training tool for drivers that aren’t always attentive.