Can a cover driver get fired for calling for help?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Here is your recipe for going out blind on a commercial/pickup heavy route:
1. Straight air
2. Bulk
3. Straight commercial stops
4. Pickups
5. Full hour lunch
6. Resi

Send a message every 2 hours that you will not be back to the building with your air on time and you need help with stops.
Why are you taking lunch near the end of the day instead of at lunch time?

Cowboy Mac

Here is your recipe for going out blind on a commercial/pickup heavy route:
1. Straight air
2. Bulk
3. Straight commercial stops
4. Pickups
5. Full hour lunch
6. Resi

Send a message every 2 hours that you will not be back to the building with your air on time and you need help with stops.
Where does it say in this post that I take my lunch at the end of the day? It doesn’t.

Siveriano

Where does it say in this post that I take my lunch at the end of the day? It doesn’t.
Ill never skip or take my meal late because UPS failed to dispatch me properly.

I got hired to deliver and pick up packages and if they don't get deliver or picked up today, they will tomorrow if no then the day after.

My manager hated when I used to tell this to my fellow drivers "Guys don't worry if you don't finish today, we do it tomorrow or the day after, just be safe"

couple of SUPS tried to get me on "sabotaging" UPS because of this. Fun times.

Off the leash

Ill never skip or take my meal late because UPS failed to dispatch me properly.

I got hired to deliver and pick up packages and if they don't get deliver or picked up today, they will tomorrow if no then the day after.

My manager hated when I used to tell this to my fellow drivers "Guys don't worry if you don't finish today, we do it tomorrow or the day after, just be safe"

couple of SUPS tried to get me on "sabotaging" UPS because of this. Fun times.
It’s the old country boy saying if it don’t get done today it’ll get done tomorrow! Lol Ain’t like they’ll deliver themselves! Good for you!