Can a pacemaker disqualify you from being a driver

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I just did my 2 year DOT physical. 5’11” 200lbs and 15” neck. No sleep study and I am overweight.

P

pickup

I just did my 2 year DOT physical. 5’11” 200lbs and 15” neck. No sleep study and I am overweight.

Im gonna take an educated guess and say you gotta hit 240 before you get a sleep study.
Nice avatar by the way(fake David Blaine - all right these guys)

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Im gonna take an educated guess and say you gotta hit 240 before you get a sleep study.
Nice avatar by the way(fake David Blaine - all right these guys)
Man you are the first and only one here to know where that pic comes from. Major kudos.

badpal

I'd say about 50% of our drivers have had to do the stupid sleep study. 8 that I know of had to get the machine.

From what they tell me.
You have to use the machine 30 days before they will give you your DOT card. You only get a 1 year card. You have to use the machine over 70% of the time a week.

What seems to be pissing a lot of guys off is they will pass the sleep study and 2 years later be told they have to do it again.
"friend" a bunch of sleep studies and sleep apnea crap. I sleep when I'm tired. That could be 3 A.M. or noon.
Sounds like a good way to rip off our insurance. Thankfully our DOT doctor aint that ambitious.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's what I've heard. My buddy has one. I think he said he stopped breathing 49 times when he had the sleep study.

He says he sleeps much better and his wife is happy because he stopped snoring.
My wife swore I didn’t have it. She’s like you snore but it’s not all of the time and you don’t stop breathing.

But I think during the study if you’re normal rhythmic breathing is let’s say every 3 seconds and you go 5 seconds they consider that an event.

Supposedly I had like 75 events in an hour. With the mask on I usually have 1-2 events per hour and it’s on a pretty low setting pressure wise.

542thruNthru

I hook up my sleep apnea machine to my dog at night . Never had a issue with the report and the dog sleeps great.

giphy-5.gif