Can a pacemaker disqualify you from being a driver

Heavy Package

I am currently on LTD for an unrelated health issue, while off I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and a type 2 second degree AV heart block.

Geesus - Who cares about UPS. Take care of your health first and don't get behind the wheel if you are a known risk to pass out or stroke out. Go inside the building with agreement from a doctor and HR to be on a position that you can safely handle. Best of luck.

Feature-Image-History-of-USPS-e1438366076141.jpg

Danger96

Just what ups needs. Some :censored2: flat lining while driving a package car.
Well obviously you’ve never had to deal with losing your job! What a insensitive :censored2: you are! I pray you never have to go through anything like this and good luck in management, your perfect for it with an attitude like that!

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
Well obviously you’ve never had to deal with losing your job! What a insensitive :censored2: you are! I pray you never have to go through anything like this and good luck in management, your perfect for it with an attitude like that!
Try not to let others negativity get to . I completely understand the frustration and apprehension you are feeling. Use any useful information you can get from here and ignore the rest

Just FYI, I did that for years and this is what happens when you do that! You might be fine now, but you’re damaging your heart with every nights sleep. IT WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU!
I sleep good . Occasionally I snore but it's not something I do on a regular basis. They ret to make everything a problem now a days. Just like all of the sudden all of these kids have ADD and need medication.

Danger96

I sleep good . Occasionally I snore but it's not something I do on a regular basis. They ret to make everything a problem now a days. Just like all of the sudden all of these kids have ADD and need medication.
I agree, everyone knows their body, and “snoring” does not automatically mean you have apnea, but putting this company ahead of your health is not worth it. Usually either your spouse or some else has has told you how bad you snore, my spouse sleeps so hard they never heard me. It took a family member on a trip to tell me what I already knew deep down. I had no clue I would stop breathing for over 20 seconds at a time.

I agree, everyone knows their body, and “snoring” does not automatically mean you have apnea, but putting this company ahead of your health is not worth it. Usually either your spouse or some else has has told you how bad you snore, my spouse sleeps so hard they never heard me. It took a family member on a trip to tell me what I already knew deep down. I had no clue I would stop breathing for over 20 seconds at a time.
If I truly had an issue with that, I would take care of it. Thankfully im usually a very sound sleeper and usually don't wake up in the middle of the night unless something is hurting me.

Over disciplined0123

I am currently on LTD for an unrelated health issue, while off I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and a type 2 second degree AV heart block. LTD case manager just called and said that my 24 months on LTD was about to end but she was going to try and get me permanently disabled because they were “considering” me for a pacemaker. But I want to go back to work! They’re still trying to figure out if it’s a night time thing or if I’m having them throughout the day, if it’s nighttime then the CPAP should take care of it, but if I need one, does it automatically disqualify me from ever being a driver again? Heck, I haven’t even gotten my CPAP machine yet!
Yes. Try to avoid pacemaker hiw bout ablation before pacemaker. Abltion is where the burn the nerves causing abnormal heart rate .. but I heard sleep apnea can really screw up your heart bad