Can Anything be Done About the Runners?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Thats good stuff.

Watching drivers "pore over" the morning re-cap was funny.

Now, they stand in front of a computer screen looking at their Orion dispatch before work.

And then (this is the best part) look at the forecast for the next day.... after work.
You certainly have a lot of disdain for those that pay your way. How are the greens today?

UPSER1987

Thats good stuff.

Watching drivers "pore over" the morning re-cap was funny.

Now, they stand in front of a computer screen looking at their Orion dispatch before work.

And then (this is the best part) look at the forecast for the next day.... after work.
Well actually they have to sit in the office after work and complain how much they don’t see their family lol…then look at the forecast for the next day.

nWo

Aside from the obvious grammatical error...

Because we drastically change every route on Mondays. So one driver all of a sudden has 2-3 routes worth of pickups. And he has two different businesses that usually get their pickup right at 4pm but they are on complete opposite sides of town. And driver has to decide which pickups he is going to keep happy and which to pick up late .

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Because we drastically change every route on Mondays. So one driver all of a sudden has 2-3 routes worth of pickups. And he has two different businesses that usually get their pickup right at 4pm but they are on complete opposite sides of town. And driver has to decide which pickups he is going to keep happy and which to pick up late .
Stop making decisions and message in.
I always put it on the company.
"I will have service failures, to include late or possibly missed pickups. Is there a pickup youd like prioritized?" Then move on to the next stop in my board. I dont care.
If they dont answer, then i really dont care.

Hot Carl

As others have said, it's only a matter of time. We've all seen those guys checking their time studies on the chart and sweating over their numbers every single morning and going through their entire truck and helping their preloader off the clock. We know some of them are out there breaking every rule and cutting every corner just to get an attaboy from management. They are setting themselves up for disaster.

These are the same guys who are sprinting off every stop, jumping in and out of the truck, leaving piss bottles in the back, speeding, rolling through stop signs, running red lights, cutting people off, sitting on their seatbelts, sheeting air and pickups off area, futuring missed pieces, not reporting misloads, bagging packages, signing for packages, lunch running, and not reporting minor accidents.

Just wait. Eventually, they will have a tier 3/serious injury/termination for dishonesty. That is, if a warning letter doesn't wise them up first.

I will say though, it is very frustrating as a cover driver to have to run a route that's been destroyed by runners.

MrBates

Either you’re Runner or you have not yet figured out the company is all about smoke and mirrors and that management can, and does, game their numbers.

I used to hang out with an On-Car and she said all center management laughed at Drivers who stay out late to retaliate on management. She said they thought it was funny that these guys still hadn’t figured out the only person who cared that they were out late was their wives.
I don't know about other drivers but when I stay out late it's to make money. It's all about the money.

MrBates

I will say though, it is very frustrating as a cover driver to have to run a route that's been destroyed by runners.

This actually helps me when I get back from vacay. The vacay check is light. So when I get back the runners jack up my route and I stay out later to make the money back. The best is when the runner has to come take stops off me knowing he had the same amount of stops while I was on vacation and he finished at 1700. I give him all the quick and easy stops and I keep the ones that take time, that way I still make money and he gets a lesson on UPS being a marathon not a sprint. It's a win win.

textat3

To maximize your work life balance:

1) get on the 9.5 list
2) utilize your 8hr requests every month Jan-Oct
3) request help with all over 70 pound pick up and deliveries
4) take your lunch at the proper time, for the entire length of time
5) pre trip and post trip everynday and night
6) communicate via DIAD