Can management give you warning letters for too many olccs?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
1st thing our dispatcher ask is did we tell a manager. If you notified a manager of your situation and they didn't act, our dispatcher are not gonna step on the managers toes.

And at that point, it's not the courier's problem if dispatch isn't willing to do anything. Also, the courier's managers have no authority over dispatch. Dispatch has their own managers.

Once again, Dano, whatever manual you read isn't reality. Do you actually think if a dispatcher is told you notified your manager of a potential situation, the dispatcher is gonna over ride a manager's decision? Highly doubtful. More proof you obviously never had station experience.

I don't know what your specific unique individual experience is but it doesn't reflect companywide reality.

Never said that a dispatch should or would override a manager. I said that it's up to one of them, or the other, or a combination of the two to address the situation that he courier has brought to their attention. Stop trying to turn it into something it's not.

59 Dano

Correct me if I don’t understand a dispatcher’s job, but aren’t they there to move resources around during the day to solve problems?

Yes, they are to move pickup stops to different routes when the circumstances require it. That comes with the understanding that they are to communicate with the management team of that location and vice versa. In the end, late pickups will be on the head of the appropriate ops manager unless there was a failing of dispatch to try to alleviate the situation.

I don't know what the other poster is trying to accomplish other than taking a simple concept and making it silly.

59 Dano

Dispatcher needs his job. If he over rides a managers decision, he is looking for trouble. Dispatchers have SOME authority, going against a managers wishes isn't one of them.

I don't know what manual you read, but tell us how much authority an ops manager has over a dispatcher. I'll do it for you: none. There is a reason why dispatchers are not managed by ops managers.

Oldfart

And at that point, it's not the courier's problem if dispatch isn't willing to do anything. Also, the courier's managers have no authority over dispatch. Dispatch has their own managers.

I don't know what your specific unique individual experience is but it doesn't reflect companywide reality.

Never said that a dispatch should or would override a manager. I said that it's up to one of them, or the other, or a combination of the two to address the situation that he courier has brought to their attention. Stop trying to turn it into something it's not.
The courier tells his manager he is gonna have lates or a break violation. If the manager tells the courier there is no help, the courier takes a break and has service failures. Not the end of the world, we have plenty every day. This courier decided to make service and have a break violation and received a slap on the wrist discipline. If the dispatcher decided to send a person to help this courier despite management deciding not to send help and on a week where it was decided on road hours were more of a hot point than service, you can believe a MD would get involved. Just last week we were told the MD directed 100% service, regardless of the hours on road. Less than a week later, we didn't launch several routes because hours were up and we ate plenty of lates but made the budget. They decided to emphasize different directives on different weeks. You be the weak link in their plan, no matter if you work at the station or in dispatch, you can bet your butt you will hear about it.

59 Dano

The courier tells his manager he is gonna have lates or a break violation. If the manager tells the courier there is no help, the courier takes a break and has service failures. Not the end of the world, we have plenty every day. This courier decided to make service and have a break violation and received a slap on the wrist discipline. If the dispatcher decided to send a person to help this courier despite management deciding not to send help and on a week where it was decided on road hours were more of a hot point than service, you can believe a MD would get involved.

Dispatchers don't, and can't, make the call to send couriers to help other couriers with deliveries. That's an ops manager's decision to make. A dispatcher who creates those kinds of issues will get an earful from the respective ops manager and his dispatch manager. Thanks for playing.

Oldfart

Dispatchers don't, and can't, make the call to send couriers to help other couriers with deliveries. That's an ops manager's decision to make. A dispatcher who creates those kinds of issues will get an earful from the respective ops manager and his dispatch manager. Thanks for playing.
Thanks for confirming telling a dispatcher your predicament after your manager told you no help is available would not do much good. Just think, you kept saying dispatch would work on getting you help NOW you say they wont. LOL

dex 84

They do all the time. That's why you request to clear. They either clear you or send you to help someone else. It's a basic concept and one of the first things you learn when you become a courier...

Oldfart

They do all the time. That's why you request to clear. They either clear you or send you to help someone else. It's a basic concept and one of the first things you learn when you become a courier...
You have to remember Dano has no station experience even though he likes to say he has. He proves it over and over with his crazy posts.

ManInBrown

Im a pm swing but I come in(by choice) around 8am 3-5days a week to help on AMs

So they gave me an absurd amount of deliveries (~60, they usually just give me p1s, i take a break then I come back and grab missorts if I need to b4 my route but whatever) and we left about an hour and a half late(it was about 930), and I had to be back at 1230 to get the deliveries the usual guy does(like 30)for a route I dont know...and yeah I didnt take any break because I got done around 1 maybe later and then was running late on everything because I didnt leave the building till about 2..and I got back at about 845pm, offloaded my truck and went on break shortly after to avoid hours violation which would be at 10

I told her this and shes like I dont care!

I couldnt even tell her that night because well, shes a "mid day manager" so she leaves at 4 and my old one runs pretty much everything

I could have taken my hour break,been back an hour later and then :censored2:ed up everything because the sort ends before 9 but apparently I didnt make the right call here
Here’s how you send a message. No thanks I’m not coming in early anymore.

DeliveryException

I've never had dispatch tell me to go help another route with deliveries before they will clear me. They have sent pickups if pm was late starting or overloaded. Seems like the clear request is more to make sure you didn't forget about a pickup they sent you at 8am.

59 Dano

Just think, you kept saying dispatch would work on getting you help NOW you say they wont. LOL

I said they have ability to arrange PICKUP help, not deliveries. Maybe you should take notes of what people are saying and then reference them before posting. It might help.

59 Dano

Guess who makes the call to require one courier to help another courier with deliveries?

whenIgetthere

I've never had dispatch tell me to go help another route with deliveries before they will clear me. They have sent pickups if pm was late starting or overloaded. Seems like the clear request is more to make sure you didn't forget about a pickup they sent you at 8am.

if you're a swing, you got that message about helping others frequently.