Can you actually be forced to wear a mask in the building indefinitely?

I spent no time thinking about it.

I let the doctor that has been caring for them since they were infants guide that decision.

....while I concentrate on what I know.

It's been a good system, one I hope my children ultimately adopt.
I am vaccinating myself but I don't know if I could have my children get vaccinated if They was young, I'm not sure I would do it

wilberforce15

Ironically enough, this virus does not care about your principles.

and in the end you may actually end up sacrificing your children to a global-wide pandemic as a result of your commitment to fringe science, partisan politics and unfortunate paranoia.

I hope you get lucky and that doesn't happen.
Children are not at risk of anything except developmental disorders from masks and social distancing.

Covid is nothing for them. Literally nothing. A kid being positive for covid isn't even a reason to change my plans.

wilberforce15

I spent no time thinking about it.

I let the doctor that has been caring for them since they were infants guide that decision.

....while I concentrate on what I know.

It's been a good system, one I hope my children ultimately adopt.
This is a fascinating post. You spend no time whatsoever considering that other people may make bad decisions regarding your children.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_525cbf2...jpeg

1. “Our data indicate that children are at far greater risk of critical illness from influenza than from COVID-19.” Source (JAMA Network)
  2. “Children and young people remain at low risk from COVID-19 mortality.” Source (OSF PrePrint)
  3. “…children are not the main drivers of SARS-CoV-2 transmission.” Source (CMAJ Group)
  4. Children rarely transmit infection to others and more frequently have an asymptomatic or mild course compared to adults. Source (Journal of Medical Virology)
  5. Asymptomatic spread in long-exposure, household settings was less than 1%. Source (JAMANetwork)
  6. “…could not provide evidence for a relevant asymptomatic spread… in childcare facilities… in a low nor a high prevalence setting.” Source (MedRxIV)
  7. “For adults living with children there is no evidence of an increased risk of severe COVID outcomes” Source (MedRxIV)
  8. Increased household exposure to kids was associated w/ a smaller risk of testing positive or hospitalization w/ Covid Source (MedRxIV)
  9. “…we did not note any association between mask use and risk…” Source (The Lancet)
  10. “Evidence regarding the effectiveness of non-medical face masks for the prevention of COVID-19 is scarce.” Source (ECDC)
  11. “…people must not touch their masks, must change their single-use masks frequently or wash them regularly…” Source (BMJ)
  12. The effectiveness of high-grade masks for flue was linked to correct usage. Source (NIH)
  13. Children have a lower tolerance to wearing masks and may fail to use them properly. Source (ECDC)
  14. “…household use of face masks is associated with low adherence and is ineffective for controlling seasonal respiratory disease.” Source (EID)
  15. “…it’s difficult for some autistic people to wear masks because of sensitivity issues,” Source (OAR)
  16. Deaf and Disabled children can feel isolated from other children and adults who are wearing masks. Source (The Guardian)
  17. “Extended mask-wearing by the general population could lead to relevant effects and consequences in many medical fields.” Source (MDPI)
  18. “Psychosocial, biological, and immunological risks for children and pupils…” Source (BMJ)
  19. School masks: face coverings could damage children’s speech development, warn scientists. Source (The Telegraph)
  20. “…wearing masks throughout the day can hinder language and socio-emotional development, particularly for younger children.” Source (AAP)
  21. A database tracking mask mandates has seen no clear benefit to masking children Source (Qualtrics Dashboard)
  22. “…the data shows that districts’ face covering policies do not impact the spread of the virus,” Source (FL Education Board)
  23. Delta does not seem to change the game No difference in risk of hospitalisation between Delta variant and Alpha Source (MedRxIV)
  24. The viral dynamics of the Delta variant are similar to those of Alpha. Source (MedRxIV)
  25. Studies in favor of school masking have been extremely flawed North Carolina study without a control group.Source (WSJ)
  26. CDC (MMWR) studies have numerous flaws. Source (Thread)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ok all you official narrative authoritarians, you can take one step closer to reality. WaPo finally admitted the truth about cloth and surgical masks. It'll take another two years for them to realize N95's aren't any good at stopping airborne viruses, but, baby steps.

Here you go Bubbles:

"and some, such as the CIDRAP head Michael Osterholm, have been going public urging people to put less faith in cloth masks..."

526574_6y4famxx7heop8v.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Amazing! I knew that covid was spread through aerosols in 2020, and the CDC still hasn't figured it out. You guys better start questioning whether people at the CDC are even qualified to make the statements they do when a dumb trucker knows better than them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There never was a legitimate debate about masks. The data was clear from long before the pandemic, it was the supposed "experts" who labored to obfuscate it. The question we must all be asking is if we can't trust the experts on a very simple matter like masks, what else can't we trust them about? And why are our elected representatives continuing to try to give them even more unchecked power?

NYJetsfan87

I'm a sorter in the hub during the day in northern NJ. I find it almost impossible to be doing a physical job sweating etc. wearing a mask especially with hot weather coming. Most of the people I see just wear them around their necks but my 21 Year old sup has a hard on for me and harasses me to put it on every 10 minutes. Today the building manager threatened to fire me if I don't wear it despite the fact it almost none of his supervisors do it. He also says he expects this to be the policy until there's a vaccine for coronavirus which is likely to be never. He also says he expects this to be the policy until there's a vaccine for coronavirus which is likely to be never. Is there anything that I can do or is it really wear a mask or not work
In my building the Nassau Hub the policy is to wear a mask but most don’t.

wilberforce15

It's truly amazing how anybody can say this when most of it originated prior to Biden being elected?

Sorry, but these are not partisan issues.
Mask "science" found a way to bow to public opinion right when Biden was experiencing a crisis of public opinion on that issue.

The timing is perfect and science always finds a way to confirm whatever Biden needs.