Can you actually be forced to wear a mask in the building indefinitely?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
FB_IMG_1622755001984.jpg

I'm a sorter in the hub during the day in northern NJ. I find it almost impossible to be doing a physical job sweating etc. wearing a mask especially with hot weather coming. Most of the people I see just wear them around their necks but my 21 Year old sup has a hard on for me and harasses me to put it on every 10 minutes. Today the building manager threatened to fire me if I don't wear it despite the fact it almost none of his supervisors do it. He also says he expects this to be the policy until there's a vaccine for coronavirus which is likely to be never. He also says he expects this to be the policy until there's a vaccine for coronavirus which is likely to be never. Is there anything that I can do or is it really wear a mask or not work
My supervisor told the workers last week that you do not need a mask if vaccinated

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
My supervisor told the workers last week that you do not need a mask if vaccinated

Mask compliance was about half at my building through this whole thing. Now that anybody who gives a damn is vaccinated almost nobody wears them anymore. I don’t think anybody was really waiting for the supervisors’ go ahead. Most people are vaccinated, it was never particularly dangerous for the young and heathy anyway, and nowhere in the state requires masks anymore.

MattM

We randomly got a memo this week that doing strenuous activities and/or being fully vaccinated on a ups tarmac/facility, we don’t need a mask

Ive never seen so many happy faces and smiles in my 10 years with ups.
Thanks tsa I guess?

how official is this? Didn’t see much on brown cafe.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We randomly got a memo this week that doing strenuous activities and/or being fully vaccinated on a ups tarmac/facility, we don’t need a mask

Ive never seen so many happy faces and smiles in my 10 years with ups.
Thanks tsa I guess?

how official is this? Didn’t see much on brown cafe.

They were never supposed to force people to wear masks while doing strenuous activities, by the official CDC guidance. Maskarens didn't care, and wouldn't be satisfied with that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You are so out of touch with reality you think you actually "returned to normalcy" instead of accelerating the country on the path to communism. I know the red scare was all BS right? Thats what the government run schools told you right!?!?
Communism and the misery that accompanies it, is their "normalcy".

Dumbo

We are surrounded by people who can only repeat the false and misleading statements they see on the news, then get angry about the "selfish" people who don't want to volunteer for medical experimentation.

My daughter was told, by a teacher, that she was selfish, and didn't care about protecting the community, because she gets lightheaded wearing masks. I told her to ask them if they are volunteer firefighters. If not, they must be selfish and don't care about protecting the community. The difference being that fighting fires actually protects the community.
That teacher needs to be fired. It is not her job to have any political opinions in any way much less telling children they are selfish.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Seems there are a lot of ugly people who don't want to give up their masks. Then there's all the autistic and social anxiety people who love not having to interact with people in a normal way.

So given that they don't do anything for covid, I'm curious what your particular reason is for so desperately defending mask mandates.....
I think you’re on to something. There are those that love hiding behind the mask because of psychological reasons. Many are on this forum.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That teacher needs to be fired. It is not her job to have any political opinions in any way much less telling children they are selfish.

We have been trying to teach our kids to stand up and push back against the nonsense in schools. Getting that teacher fired wouldn't really accomplish anything, they'd pretty much have to fire the entire faculty, at every school, all the way up to the stuperintendant. We figure that not becoming compliant, obedient drones would have the most impact in a system designed to create compliant, obedient drones. Man have my kids had plenty of opportunities to push back.