Can you actually be forced to wear a mask in the building indefinitely?

The full time supervisor is still constantly harassing me over wearing a mask in the building when others do not. Any thoughts on how to handle this insanity

freehoodies

1. Find a disability covered by the ADA. Does not have to be related to mask use.
(ADHD, psoriasis, a learning disorder, anything just make sure its documented)
2. Find some reasonable accommodations the building can make for said disability.
3. Just keep getting on her nerves till she :censored2:s with the accommodations to mess with you.
4. File an ADA claim against her. First ADA infraction is a 75k fine. If anyone costs the company 75k they will get fired, that simple.

If you want to go above her head and just threaten to claim ADA harassment that usually is enough to get them called into a very unpleasant meeting with their superiors.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Could they actually fire you for not wearing a mask when the change in work conditions has not been negotiated it's not in the contract is it
They've always been able to fire people for refusing to work as instructed. Will it hold up at the panel? Only one way to find out.

They've always been able to fire people for refusing to work as instructed. Will it hold up at the panel? Only one way to find out.

they break more rules than the Catholic Church the sups in my building. None of them actually wear their masks. It's my understanding that any changes in the work conditions have to be negotiated this was not

ManInBrown

As soon as a rule that they come up with is a detriment to them, they toss it out the window. Start to take breathing breaks. Tell them you’re out of breath because of the mask and you need to sit down. Watch how fast they don’t care about you wearing a mask. And FYI I am also in NJ and I think it should be mandatory inside the building. Just my personal opinion. Make the rule hurt them. Watch how fast they stop caring About you wearing a mask.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So, if wearing a face mask is mandated by the CDC and affirmed by the Governor of your state, and a Company policy...

....is it prudent to stick with "it's not in the contract"???

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Since Oxford seems to be the only source of information that does not have its head firmly planted up its rectum when it comes to all things Covid related, maybe this article will be of some use to anyone still confused about the efficacy of masks.

"Despite the clear requirement to carry out further large, pragmatic trials a decade later, only six had been published: five in healthcare workers and one in pilgrims. This recent crop of trials added 9,112 participants to the total randomised denominator of 13,259 and showed that masks alone have no significant effect in interrupting the spread of ILI or influenza in the general population, nor in healthcare workers...

Only one randomised trial (n=569) included cloth masks. This trial found ILI rates were 13 times higher in Vietnamese hospital workers allocated to cloth masks compared to medical/surgical masks, RR 13.25, (95%CI 1.74 to 100.97) and over three times higher when compared to no masks, RR 3.49 (95%CI 1.00 to 12.17)."

The decision for the CDC to recommend, not mandate, masks is entirely political, to make it seem like they are doing something. There have been some sloppy "observational studies", and even some not too bad laboratory experiments, to back up their recommendations. But there hasn't been time for thorough reviews and replication to verify results.

We are left with the randomized trials as the most reliable source of information for decision making. They don't provide any evidence that masks help, and, in the case of cloth masks, they might actually hurt. That is what we should go with. I know that people get blasted with the exact opposite information pretty much non-stop, so I don't blame anyone for not understanding this stuff. But the evidence is out there and available.for anyone who cares to put in a little effort.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So, if wearing a face mask is mandated by the CDC and affirmed by the Governor of your state, and a Company policy...

At worst, you "could" be subject to progressive discipline and have the right to protest through the grievance procedure.

being that neither of those entities are charged with making laws yeah it is. If it's up to the powers that be they'll be trying to do this until there's a vaccine that doesn't work. Then they'll try and force you to do that. That's how tyranny works

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Last week a supe allegedly told another employee that they got an email stating that they could not question any employee about their turning in a medical exemption to omit wearing a mask. Better get one covering face shields too.

ManInBrown

Since Oxford seems to be the only source of information that does not have its head firmly planted up its rectum when it comes to all things Covid related, maybe this article will be of some use to anyone still confused about the efficacy of masks.

"Despite the clear requirement to carry out further large, pragmatic trials a decade later, only six had been published: five in healthcare workers and one in pilgrims. This recent crop of trials added 9,112 participants to the total randomised denominator of 13,259 and showed that masks alone have no significant effect in interrupting the spread of ILI or influenza in the general population, nor in healthcare workers...

Only one randomised trial (n=569) included cloth masks. This trial found ILI rates were 13 times higher in Vietnamese hospital workers allocated to cloth masks compared to medical/surgical masks, RR 13.25, (95%CI 1.74 to 100.97) and over three times higher when compared to no masks, RR 3.49 (95%CI 1.00 to 12.17)."

The decision for the CDC to recommend, not mandate, masks is entirely political, to make it seem like they are doing something. There have been some sloppy "observational studies", and even some not too bad laboratory experiments, to back up their recommendations. But there hasn't been time for thorough reviews and replication to verify results.

We are left with the randomized trials as the most reliable source of information for decision making. They don't provide any evidence that masks help, and, in the case of cloth masks, they might actually hurt. That is what we should go with. I know that people get blasted with the exact opposite information pretty much non-stop, so I don't blame anyone for not understanding this stuff. But the evidence is out there and available.for anyone who cares to put in a little effort.
I put no credence in articles like this talking about masks may hurt someone. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Whenever anyone talks about masks not working I’m sorry. There’s no way. They are talking about idiots and low IQ people that can’t keep their hands away from their face, and people too stupid to figure out how to put on a mask properly, how to wear the mask properly, and how to take off the mask properly. If you know how to put a mask on properly, and you don’t touch your face thru the mask, and you take the mask off properly, there is no chance they don’t provide some type of benefit. And probably a very large benefit if you’re intelligent enough to put it on, wear it, and take it off the right way. Why do healthcare workers wear them? Because they work as long as you aren’t an idiot.

The droplets enter thru your nose and your mouth so please explain how they don’t work? Whenever anyone says masks may actually hurt someone, they are talking about someone with an IQ of 30 that in the course of putting it on, or taking it off, they’re too stupid to figure out how to do either the proper way.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I put no credence in articles like this talking about masks may hurt someone. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Whenever anyone talks about masks not working I’m sorry. There’s no way. They are talking about idiots and low IQ people that can’t keep their hands away from their face, and people too stupid to figure out how to put on a mask properly, how to wear the mask properly, and how to take off the mask properly. If you know how to put a mask on properly, and you don’t touch your face thru the mask, and you take the mask off properly, there is no chance they don’t provide some type of benefit. And probably a very large benefit if you’re intelligent enough to put it on, wear it, and take it off the right way. Why do healthcare workers wear them? Because they work as long as you aren’t an idiot.

The droplets enter thru your nose and your mouth so please explain how they don’t work? Whenever anyone says masks may actually hurt someone, they are talking about someone with an IQ of 30 that in the course of putting it on, or taking it off, they’re too stupid to figure out how to do either the proper way.

I guess you didn't read the article or didn't understand what you read. At least one of the randomized control trials included healthcare workers, and there is still no significant evidence that masks slow the spread of ILI. I don't know how to make it any simpler than that.

Whatever masks do, catching droplets and what not, that is apparently not good enough to stop the spread of ILI. I can also assure you, as smart as you think you are, you are not wearing, changing out, or disposing of your masks properly. Most healthcare workers don't use masks properly, under clinical conditions. The chances that even a minority of people in the general public are using masks properly, in comparatively unsanitary conditions, are basically nil.

And before you discount the article, or its source, you should know that the center for evidence based medicine is based at Oxford. The professors and scientists at Oxford have the best track record for predicting the course of covid of any other organization. Maybe they deserve some consideration before dismissal.

opie

A lot of drivers and inside employees don't even bother to put on a mask anymore. And I'm in a state (NJ) with a mask mandate. Security and management don't say anything.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It is only about liability.

UPS (and every other Company) doesn't want you wear a mask.
They don't want to buy them and they don't want to incur the cost of your lost production as a result of you wearing one.

UPS only enforces the use of masks because they believe they have to, nothing else.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It is only about liability.

UPS (and every other Company) doesn't want you wear a mask.
They don't want to buy them and they don't want to incur the cost of your lost production as a result of you wearing one.

UPS only enforces the use of masks because they believe they have to, nothing else.

I tried to force our center to provide enough masks and allow for them to be changed out properly. That went over like a lead balloon. Apparently OSHA and all the maskholes don't care if they are being worn properly and changed out regularly, just that they are being worn. Sad.