Can you get fired for customer complaints?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I parked on the road and walked up a winding driveway then up a flight of stairs then inside to another flight of stairs to the front desk of a hotel. Delivered to front desk via CIR. Walked all the way back down to the package car when I hear a someone yelling UPS from the hotel. I walk all the way back up there thinking I did something wrong. She said she had a package for me but decided to use Fed ex instead. I replied "I wish you would have told me that before I walked all the way back up here. I have a lot of air to deliver and other customers that are relying on me." She is :censored2: because I was rude but I was ffing really annoyed buy her snotty self entitled millennial attitude.

I have a condition that makes me go completely deaf from about halfway down a long driveway or set of stairs until I start up the package car. It's the damnedest thing. The doctors are baffled. But I never have to deal with BS like that.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
The union will fight for you but base on your situation, that is nothing to worry about. Let your on road sup know of the situation and keep on going with your life. Trust their are worse things to be be fired over than that.

Mooseknuckle

I parked on the road and walked up a winding driveway then up a flight of stairs then inside to another flight of stairs to the front desk of a hotel. Delivered to front desk via CIR. Walked all the way back down to the package car when I hear a someone yelling UPS from the hotel. I walk all the way back up there thinking I did something wrong. She said she had a package for me but decided to use Fed ex instead. I replied "I wish you would have told me that before I walked all the way back up here. I have a lot of air to deliver and other customers that are relying on me." She is :censored2: because I was rude but I was ffing really annoyed buy her snotty self entitled millennial attitude.
Here they would've been mad at me for walking back up. "She should've been ready, if she's not, talk to her tomorrow."

DOK

And if you are at fault, will the union still back you up?
And if you are at fault, will the union still back you up?

The Union has to back you up. Will they be able to make a case for you? Maybe not. Any proof or seriousness to the allegations?
I parked on the road and walked up a winding driveway then up a flight of stairs then inside to another flight of stairs to the front desk of a hotel. Delivered to front desk via CIR. Walked all the way back down to the package car when I hear a someone yelling UPS from the hotel. I walk all the way back up there thinking I did something wrong. She said she had a package for me but decided to use Fed ex instead. I replied "I wish you would have told me that before I walked all the way back up here. I have a lot of air to deliver and other customers that are relying on me." She is pissed because I was rude but I was ffing really annoyed buy her snotty self entitled millennial attitude.

Nothing to worry about if this is the story. There’s a guy that in our center that gets 3-4 complaints a year for arguing with customers, giving them the finger etc.

Pablo Escobar

Just paperwork that goes in your file. If that's all that happened you have nothing to worry about. This job will really make you start to hate people.

And here I thought it was just me. Maybe I’m just getting to close to retirement and I don’t have the patience like I used to. Or maybe it’s amazon I hate?! Having to deliver people’s dog food, furniture , vacuum cleaner bags, toilet paper , etc etc , is getting just a bit old. People just want their stuff NOW, and don’t really care who delivers it. This job used to give me pride in the company , but now honestly I feel like I work for amazon. So customers can complain all they want. I do my job and hopefully one day it’ll be my time to retire.

542thruNthru

3YJdhG.gif

Ipopsheep

Third time a customer yelled at me in the past three years. This time it was because I didn't come before 2pm. As she was throwing a temper tantrum in front of me I simply pulled out my phone and asked her what her name was. She stopped yelling at me when she saw me recording. She said that I needed to stop recording. I asked her a second time and she replied with her last name. I said thank you and have a great day and left. That really shut her up. Sad thing is I never turned my phone on record. I just pulled it out of my pocket and pointed it at her and asked her what her name was. The time before she yelled at me because I bumped into a trash can which hit a table in the kicthen that caused a blender to fall over. The kitchen is really really small with quick corners and only one door to come in. Which is the front door with a ton of customers. 2.5 years ago she yelled at me for not putting her boxes where she wanted them in the store room. Basically she wanted me to be her stock boy and sort and put up her stock on the correct shelves. I hope I don't get in trouble for taking out my phone and acting like I was recording her temper tantrum. I do understand these customers pay our salaries.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Third time a customer yelled at me in the past three years. This time it was because I didn't come before 2pm. As she was throwing a temper tantrum in front of me I simply pulled out my phone and asked her what her name was. She stopped yelling at me when she saw me recording. She said that I needed to stop recording. I asked her a second time and she replied with her last name. I said thank you and have a great day and left. That really shut her up. Sad thing is I never turned my phone on record. I just pulled it out of my pocket and pointed it at her and asked her what her name was. The time before she yelled at me because I bumped into a trash can which hit a table in the kicthen that caused a blender to fall over. The kitchen is really really small with quick corners and only one door to come in. Which is the front door with a ton of customers. 2.5 years ago she yelled at me for not putting her boxes where she wanted them in the store room. Basically she wanted me to be her stock boy and sort and put up her stock on the correct shelves. I hope I don't get in trouble for taking out my phone and acting like I was recording her temper tantrum. I do understand these customers pay our salaries.
You can't record customers