Can you get fired for customer complaints?

Brisket

I have a customer I want to strangle. I walk into a hotel with 20-30 packages and clerk wants to look at everyone of them. She wants to tell me which ones go to housekeeping and which guest are here and which guest have left by looking in her computer. Friday I walked into the hotel and its full of hotel guest waiting in line to get help. I asked her where she wanted her packages and she puts up her hand "suggesting I should wait a minute". I said, I can put the packages wherever you want and you can sort them out later when you have time. She says she will be with me after she helps all her customers. At this time 2 more people walk up and need her help. I then say that I do not have time and I will set her packages next to the desk. She responded that "You have to put them in the correct rooms. Its your JOB!" None of the packages say a room number or say housekeeping or anything. Just peoples names. I responded, "I am sorry, I have to go. here are your packages and have a nice weekend." I read her name tag and did a CIR. Of course I have a complaint against me know. But I cant wait 30-40 mins while she sorts her packages and look people up in the computer. What do I tell my boss on Monday when he confronts me with this customer complaint. What does the Union say about this kind of customer problems. BTW she was extremely rude and snotty.

Deliver them all to housekeeping. Let them deal with it. Lol.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I have a customer I want to strangle. I walk into a hotel with 20-30 packages and clerk wants to look at everyone of them. She wants to tell me which ones go to housekeeping and which guest are here and which guest have left by looking in her computer. Friday I walked into the hotel and its full of hotel guest waiting in line to get help. I asked her where she wanted her packages and she puts up her hand "suggesting I should wait a minute". I said, I can put the packages wherever you want and you can sort them out later when you have time. She says she will be with me after she helps all her customers. At this time 2 more people walk up and need her help. I then say that I do not have time and I will set her packages next to the desk. She responded that "You have to put them in the correct rooms. Its your JOB!" None of the packages say a room number or say housekeeping or anything. Just peoples names. I responded, "I am sorry, I have to go. here are your packages and have a nice weekend." I read her name tag and did a CIR. Of course I have a complaint against me know. But I cant wait 30-40 mins while she sorts her packages and look people up in the computer. What do I tell my boss on Monday when he confronts me with this customer complaint. What does the Union say about this kind of customer problems. BTW she was extremely rude and snotty.

Sheet them all as refused.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Be polite. Tell them you have many more deliveries to make and can't wait. Tell them you will pick up any packages they refuse tomorrow, otherwise you have to take them all back now. The more bitchy and stuck up they are, the more overtly fake nice you gotta be. Eventually, they drop the act and realize that you're just trying to do your job

542thruNthru

What did your on road say about the complaint?

You don't have time to wait for her to go through every package. Drop them and go each time.

Dr.Brownz

Tell boss fine I'll wait for hours next time

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What did your on road say about the complaint?

You don't have time to wait for her to go through every package. Drop them and go each time.
Someone made the mistake of letting her do it the first time.

Each address gets 1 delivery point where ALL packages go. I’m not a stock boy. I don’t work for your receiving.

MrBates

I parked on the road and walked up a winding driveway then up a flight of stairs then inside to another flight of stairs to the front desk of a hotel. Delivered to front desk via CIR. Walked all the way back down to the package car when I hear a someone yelling UPS from the hotel. I walk all the way back up there thinking I did something wrong. She said she had a package for me but decided to use Fed ex instead. I replied "I wish you would have told me that before I walked all the way back up here. I have a lot of air to deliver and other customers that are relying on me." She is :censored2: because I was rude but I was ffing really annoyed buy her snotty self entitled millennial attitude.

I have people waste my time all day. Some of them will even apologize and I just smile and tell them it's ok, paid by the hour. You'd be surprised at how many people will start to rush once they find out how happy you are about their assistance in helping you milk the clock. Some weird reverse psychology thing.

To answer your question, as long as there was no dishonesty involved, you should be fine.

Zowert

I once told a dude to “get a job” while stopped at a light. He replied “Go friend yourself” to which I responded “Eat s#!t” and drove off. The idiot wrote down my truck number and called in. Tried his hardest to get me fired by lying, saying I called him a bunch of homophobic slurs, that I was going to beat him to death, etc. I told the manager the truth, she just told me to watch my mouth.

The steward sitting in with me during this just rolled his eyes.

Someone made the mistake of letting her do it the first time.

Each address gets 1 delivery point where ALL packages go. I’m not a stock boy. I don’t work for your receiving.
For the most part you are correct, but not at colleges and universities.