Can you get fired for customer complaints?

Depends on which ones. I’ve had ones that take 3 routes to deliver everything to and I’ve had ones we leave everything at a central receiving location.
I’m not talking about the community colleges more like the division 2 schools on up. Where you get 70+ stops on campus.

RolloTony Brown Town

And if you are at fault, will the union still back you up?

I had a driver. We referred to him as crazy Dave. Guy had that “I’m gonna rape and murder your family” kind of look in his eyes.

I get a concern about how he had a road rage incident where he and the other driver stopped in traffic and got in each other’s faces. He threatened to put a bullet in their heads..

Security got involved, there was a long investigation.... know where crazy Dave is? Still covering routes. Nothing happened.

You’re in a union. It’ll take an act of god to get rid of you. Just try to do the right thing. Less is more. Talk less, do more lol

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Jealous that management backed me up?
AEYMHxJ.gif

MrBates

I had a driver. We referred to him as crazy Dave. Guy had that “I’m gonna rape and murder your family” kind of look in his eyes.

I get a concern about how he had a road rage incident where he and the other driver stopped in traffic and got in each other’s faces. He threatened to put a bullet in their heads..

Security got involved, there was a long investigation.... know where crazy Dave is? Still covering routes. Nothing happened.

You’re in a union. It’ll take an act of god to get rid of you. Just try to do the right thing. Less is more. Talk less, do more lol

I have to say, our Union here has a great track record of getting our guys back to work when a center manager has it out for somebody. I've seen veteran guys screw with center manager's doing a 5-6 sporh on a route where you can crawl and easily do 17 for spite, get walked off and then are back in less than a week with back pay. You basically have to outright steal something to get fired for good.

F

Frankie's Friend

I have a customer I want to strangle. I walk into a hotel with 20-30 packages and clerk wants to look at everyone of them. She wants to tell me which ones go to housekeeping and which guest are here and which guest have left by looking in her computer. Friday I walked into the hotel and its full of hotel guest waiting in line to get help. I asked her where she wanted her packages and she puts up her hand "suggesting I should wait a minute". I said, I can put the packages wherever you want and you can sort them out later when you have time. She says she will be with me after she helps all her customers. At this time 2 more people walk up and need her help. I then say that I do not have time and I will set her packages next to the desk. She responded that "You have to put them in the correct rooms. Its your JOB!" None of the packages say a room number or say housekeeping or anything. Just peoples names. I responded, "I am sorry, I have to go. here are your packages and have a nice weekend." I read her name tag and did a CIR. Of course I have a complaint against me know. But I cant wait 30-40 mins while she sorts her packages and look people up in the computer. What do I tell my boss on Monday when he confronts me with this customer complaint. What does the Union say about this kind of customer problems. BTW she was extremely rude and snotty.
Go to the office supply store and have them make you a stamp that says HOUSEKEEPING and stamp all the pkgs for that stop in your truck.