Can you get fired for customer complaints?

Brisket

Third time a customer yelled at me in the past three years. This time it was because I didn't come before 2pm. As she was throwing a temper tantrum in front of me I simply pulled out my phone and asked her what her name was. She stopped yelling at me when she saw me recording. She said that I needed to stop recording. I asked her a second time and she replied with her last name. I said thank you and have a great day and left. That really shut her up. Sad thing is I never turned my phone on record. I just pulled it out of my pocket and pointed it at her and asked her what her name was. The time before she yelled at me because I bumped into a trash can which hit a table in the kicthen that caused a blender to fall over. The kitchen is really really small with quick corners and only one door to come in. Which is the front door with a ton of customers. 2.5 years ago she yelled at me for not putting her boxes where she wanted them in the store room. Basically she wanted me to be her stock boy and sort and put up her stock on the correct shelves. I hope I don't get in trouble for taking out my phone and acting like I was recording her temper tantrum. I do understand these customers pay our salaries.

Paragraph please, but why were you in her kitchen? I put the box ( if it’s huge) just on the door frame and slide it in and politely explain that’s as far as I can go ( avoids any possible conflicts) . CYA.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Third time a customer yelled at me in the past three years. This time it was because I didn't come before 2pm. As she was throwing a temper tantrum in front of me I simply pulled out my phone and asked her what her name was. She stopped yelling at me when she saw me recording. She said that I needed to stop recording. I asked her a second time and she replied with her last name. I said thank you and have a great day and left. That really shut her up. Sad thing is I never turned my phone on record. I just pulled it out of my pocket and pointed it at her and asked her what her name was. The time before she yelled at me because I bumped into a trash can which hit a table in the kicthen that caused a blender to fall over. The kitchen is really really small with quick corners and only one door to come in. Which is the front door with a ton of customers. 2.5 years ago she yelled at me for not putting her boxes where she wanted them in the store room. Basically she wanted me to be her stock boy and sort and put up her stock on the correct shelves. I hope I don't get in trouble for taking out my phone and acting like I was recording her temper tantrum. I do understand these customers pay our salaries.
Customers that are nice get the above and beyond service. Customers that are a P.I.T.A. get the bare minimum. That means deliveries just inside the door. That's it. You're nobody's stock boy.

Ipopsheep

Can the center manager fire you for bad customer service? Seems like my center manager at my center just doesn't want to be bothered with customers complaining. He would rather have us take it to the back of the restaurant and put it wherever they want it and give them good customer service rather then just slide stuff in the front door and leave. I personally want to get in and out and get done with the day. I don't want to be stuck catering to a customer I want to strangle.

Brisket

Can the center manager fire you for bad customer service? Seems like my center manager at my center just doesn't want to be bothered with customers complaining. He would rather have us take it to the back of the restaurant and put it wherever they want it and give them good customer service rather then just slide stuff in the front door and leave. I personally want to get in and out and get done with the day. I don't want to be stuck catering to a customer I want to strangle.

Just gotta suck it up buttercup ( within reason).

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
You need to own your route.....in other words establish a delivery point and never deviate from it.

Outside of anything aggressively profane or something that could be deemed intimidating I’d laugh at my center manager if I was defending you and have this quickly dismissed.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I do know for sure, if it had to do with sexual relations with a customers pet the union will NOT get your job back.

Someone earlier said Kentucky. If it's the family goat then your in trouble. Sheep are fair game in Kentucky, esp. during basketball season.

Kentucky, where men are men and the sheep are always afraid!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I parked on the road and walked up a winding driveway then up a flight of stairs then inside to another flight of stairs to the front desk of a hotel. Delivered to front desk via CIR. Walked all the way back down to the package car when I hear a someone yelling UPS from the hotel. I walk all the way back up there thinking I did something wrong. She said she had a package for me but decided to use Fed ex instead. I replied "I wish you would have told me that before I walked all the way back up here. I have a lot of air to deliver and other customers that are relying on me." She is :censored2: because I was rude but I was ffing really annoyed buy her snotty self entitled millennial attitude.
Your reply to her was probably longer than running up the stairs. Who cares if you have a lot of air. Is it your air? Be nice to the customer even when they aren’t. It pissed them off more when you play it cool. Next time respond to everything with “Cool!”.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Your reply to her was probably longer than running up the stairs. Who cares if you have a lot of air. Is it your air? Be nice to the customer even when they aren’t. It :censored2: them off more when you play it cool. Next time respond to everything with “Cool!”.

The less verbal interaction you have with customers.... all the better.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
If it's the family goat then your in trouble

jeez i just made curry goat. did i like just eat someones dog?

IMG_0098.JPG

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Depending on your supplement, the Local will usually go through at least the panel section of your grievance language. If it has any possible criminal element, it is usually hard for the grievant to participate and give any details. They are trying to stay out of jail and not allowed to give details.

clean hairy

Your reply to her was probably longer than running up the stairs. Who cares if you have a lot of air. Is it your air? Be nice to the customer even when they aren’t. It :censored2: them off more when you play it cool. Next time respond to everything with “Cool!”.
Or reply with "cool story!"

Ipopsheep

I have a customer I want to strangle. I walk into a hotel with 20-30 packages and clerk wants to look at everyone of them. She wants to tell me which ones go to housekeeping and which guest are here and which guest have left by looking in her computer. Friday I walked into the hotel and its full of hotel guest waiting in line to get help. I asked her where she wanted her packages and she puts up her hand "suggesting I should wait a minute". I said, I can put the packages wherever you want and you can sort them out later when you have time. She says she will be with me after she helps all her customers. At this time 2 more people walk up and need her help. I then say that I do not have time and I will set her packages next to the desk. She responded that "You have to put them in the correct rooms. Its your JOB!" None of the packages say a room number or say housekeeping or anything. Just peoples names. I responded, "I am sorry, I have to go. here are your packages and have a nice weekend." I read her name tag and did a CIR. Of course I have a complaint against me know. But I cant wait 30-40 mins while she sorts her packages and look people up in the computer. What do I tell my boss on Monday when he confronts me with this customer complaint. What does the Union say about this kind of customer problems. BTW she was extremely rude and snotty.

I have a customer I want to strangle. I walk into a hotel with 20-30 packages and clerk wants to look at everyone of them. She wants to tell me which ones go to housekeeping and which guest are here and which guest have left by looking in her computer. Friday I walked into the hotel and its full of hotel guest waiting in line to get help. I asked her where she wanted her packages and she puts up her hand "suggesting I should wait a minute". I said, I can put the packages wherever you want and you can sort them out later when you have time. She says she will be with me after she helps all her customers. At this time 2 more people walk up and need her help. I then say that I do not have time and I will set her packages next to the desk. She responded that "You have to put them in the correct rooms. Its your JOB!" None of the packages say a room number or say housekeeping or anything. Just peoples names. I responded, "I am sorry, I have to go. here are your packages and have a nice weekend." I read her name tag and did a CIR. Of course I have a complaint against me know. But I cant wait 30-40 mins while she sorts her packages and look people up in the computer. What do I tell my boss on Monday when he confronts me with this customer complaint. What does the Union say about this kind of customer problems. BTW she was extremely rude and snotty.
Put in Not ready one and walk away.
Bet it doesn't happen again....