Can't do anything right

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I am making a delivery and am injured due to something the homeowner had control over (ice/dog/cracked sidewalk/unsafe steps) I would definitely sue. It's not coming out of his/her pocket-----their insurance company would pay the claim (and raise their premiums).

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Tell the center manager,your holding UPS at fault for keeping you out there ,,,The center manager should of expected the unexpected !!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
These guys are unreal ,,,,the preach safety ,but could care less and put it all on you,,, they cant even salt or clear snow properly on our own property !

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
I'll tell you this... That is the last time I will EVER answer my center manager's call. I was off the clock when he called yesterday and the only reason I answered was because I thought he was going to give me an update on my helpers condition,not be extremely disrespectful and try to blame me for some wrong doings. Lesson learned Sir! Monday mourning I will let him know if he needs to contact me in the future while on the clock he can send a diad msg and if he needs to ask me something when I'm off the clock he can contact my union steward and he can decide if it's worth his time to contact me or not.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
One thing I have learned is that according to UPS every thing that goes wrong in the universe is always the driver's fault. Failures during peak, blame a driver. Helper screws up, blame the driver. Sub-zero weather, blame the driver. Zombie apocalypse, blame the driver.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
One thing I have learned is that according to UPS every thing that goes wrong in the universe is always the driver's fault. Failures during peak, blame a driver. Helper screws up, blame the driver. Sub-zero weather, blame the driver. Zombie apocalypse, blame the driver.

Just learn how to spin it to why they put you in the position of failure. Make them explain to you. The correct method. Guess what -----they can't.

I'll tell you this... That is the last time I will EVER answer my center manager's call. I was off the clock when he called yesterday and the only reason I answered was because I thought he was going to give me an update on my helpers condition,not be extremely disrespectful and try to blame me for some wrong doings. Lesson learned Sir! Monday mourning I will let him know if he needs to contact me in the future while on the clock he can send a diad msg and if he needs to ask me something when I'm off the clock he can contact my union steward and he can decide if it's worth his time to contact me or not.

Any off the clock phone call that gets hostile should be hung up on.

If the center manager trys to put blame on you then let him know you're obligated to pass that info on to your helper in case they want to take legal action for UPS' liability.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Any blame would be on the failure to report in a timely manner, not to the cause of the injury.

You've mentioned this a couple times now,but I'm not sure what "timely" means in my situation. Even if I had called the fall in immediately, they would have simply ask if she was ok and if she wanted to continue working or seek medical attention. Again, she stated she was ok refused medical attention and requested to keep working. I was the one that made the decision to not let her continue. Furthermore, when I did call it in approx. 30 min after the incident and told them what happened. All they said was "ok". The only reason the found out she was diagnosed with a concussion is because I asked about her condition when calling my stats in for the day and my on car said he didn't know but would give her a call. Please explain your "timely manner" concept.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Any off the clock phone call that gets hostile should be hung up on.

If the center manager trys to put blame on you then let him know you're obligated to pass that info on to your helper in case they want to take legal action for UPS' liability.

I told the helper what was going on and she was furious that they were trying to place blame on me for anything. She immediately called my on car and set him straight on the facts. She told me I went above and beyond trying to care for her. I feel I had nothing but her best interest in mind.

I told the helper what was going on and she was furious that they were trying to place blame on me for anything. She immediately called my on car and set him straight on the facts. She told me I went above and beyond trying to care for her. I feel I had nothing but her best interest in mind.

I commend you on doing the right thing by her regardless.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
....as do I.

"Timely manner" means right away, not 30 minutes later.

Injuries are not handled the same as accidents I'm told. Accidents must be reported right away. If you fall and decline any medical treatment and request to keep working is another story entirely. At least that's what my steward explained to me.

....as do I.

"Timely manner" means right away, not 30 minutes later.

Eh........I wouldn't call right as it happened if the runner got up after a minute as he says she did. Why set things in motion that would need to be canceled? He kept an eye on her and made the determination shortly after.

You don't run for medical attention at the drop of the hat for something iffy, do you personally? She ,an adult, informed him she was ok. He took her word yet still observed her further. If he waited hours or more then yea,I'd say be a little more prudent in his actions.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Eh........I wouldn't call right as it happened if the runner got up after a minute as he says she did. Why set things in motion that would need to be canceled? He kept an eye on her and made the determination shortly after.

You don't run for medical attention at the drop of the hat for something iffy, do you personally? She ,an adult, informed him she was ok. He took her word yet still observed her further. If he waited hours or more then yea,I'd say be a little more prudent in his actions.

We should call right away because we are to WAD. And with a concussion, 30 mins is a long time.

I don't think the OP did anything wrong, but there is definitely room for improvement in that process.

oldngray

nowhere special
center manager probably has a burr up his butt because she went to the hospital and he has to explain why to his bosses.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

center manager probably has a burr up his butt because she went to the hospital and he has to explain why to his bosses.

In what could ultimately be a costly legal expense, don't you understand why?

To the OP: is your center manager generally evil? If not, there's nothing to worry about, but it wouldn't be wise not review what happened. Don't take it personal.