Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Any tips on the weather?! As we’re expecting rain all day tomorrow..Like will people look at me even crazier if I’m in a poncho?! (Or is that doing too much)

Personally I feel it’s not enough. It might be one of those “streets on fire days” where it rains for a bit, then the sun comes out, making the streets “smoke” with evaporation. Wear something white, lighter colors keep you cool. Also something that wicks moisture away, a form fitting pair of pants should do the trick.

Most of the guys here are pretty adament about safety, so snap few pics of you on the cart, that would help us to determine the level of attention you’ll need going forward.

AshB.

Thanks for the help everyone! Survived my First day alone in the POURING rain. No complaints though! Everything went smooth. Dropped 61 packages from 11 to 4. Got 2 signatures AND left an infonotice without friend’ing them up lol. Is that decent?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for the help everyone! Survived my First day alone in the POURING rain. No complaints though! Everything went smooth. Dropped 61 packages from 11 to 4. Got 2 signatures AND left an infonotice without friend’ing them up lol. Is that decent?

61 stops or 61 packages?

61/5 = 12.2 packages or stops per hour. Not bad but you will need to kick it up a notch when it starts getting busier.

barnyard

KTM rider
Dropped 61 packages from 11 to 4.

Packages do not really matter, stops do. If your boss is happy, don't worry about it. You should expect to get better and do more in the same amount of time in a week.

We have some resi areas that go off at 20-25 stops per hour. The rural route that I worked today, I average 15 stops per hour.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Packages do not really matter, stops do. If your boss is happy, don't worry about it. You should expect to get better and do more in the same amount of time in a week.

We have some resi areas that go off at 20-25 stops per hour. The rural route that I worked today, I average 15 stops per hour.
I averaged 7 stops an hour today :)

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't worry about how many stops you can get off. You're only temporary help. If that is your picture in your avatar you wouldn't have to worry even if you were full time.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
With golf cart helpers, the company is happy if they just show up and work. Stops per hour don't matter one bit from what I've seen.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
With golf cart helpers, the company is happy if they just show up and work. Stops per hour don't matter one bit from what I've seen.
Had both mine quit (pod and trailer) over the weekend. They are so short now they are putting the crap back on the trucks.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.

I dig the glasses, you’re cute :wink2:

The fact that you’re even asking shows you actually care, which means you’re already doing better than 99% of the helpers out there.

Over 70

Within a week on my own last year I was leaving the center daily with 140+ stops and upwards 350+ pieces in a P700.

I'm just trying to put into perspective how easy what you're doing is. There's drivers who leave with 400 stops daily outside of peak. @dookie stain

Indecisi0n

Within a week on my own last year I was leaving the center daily with 140+ stops and upwards 350+ pieces in a P700.

I'm just trying to put into perspective how easy what you're doing is. There's drivers who leave with 400 stops daily outside of peak. @dookie stain
I think she did a great job. So strong and determined. Want to go out for drinks later and talk about it ?